Maite Kropp: Animals need protection ...

Maite Kropp: Animals need protection from the heat, too

There are 3 comments on the The Reporter story from May 14, 2014, titled Maite Kropp: Animals need protection from the heat, too. In it, The Reporter reports that:

It has been a priority for newscasters to let us know that the temperatures are rising high enough in the Sacramento Valley to cause concern for all living creatures.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

Since: Aug 10

Modesto, CA

#1 Jun 4, 2014
I kinda agree with this nut for once except when she thinks she knows anything about livestock. While I do provide some shade for most of my stock, they almost NEVER use it. They would rather be out grazing or just lying down in the field in full sun. While personally I don't ride horses anymore, they also don't really care how hot it is as long as they get plenty of water regularly. If you leave them out in open pasture in the sun they will run around just for fun and if you put a 150 pound person on a 1,200 pound horse it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Since: Aug 10

Modesto, CA

#2 Jun 4, 2014
Forgot to mention:
Special note to the MORON who called animal control about the pony rideable the parking lot at Tractor Supply in woodland last weekend. The horse was wearing rubber shoes, ie, Tennis Shoes. If you want to whine about horses walking n pavement complain to the city of San Francisco, they still have mounted police on patrol. The guy supplying those tennis shoes has gotten rich over their antiquated practice.
No, it was not my horse. I was in the area and needed some medications and when I saw the sheriff pull in I went over to have a chat.
Jerry

Lafayette, CA

#3 Jun 5, 2014
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
Forgot to mention:
Special note to the MORON who called animal control about the pony rideable the parking lot at Tractor Supply in woodland last weekend. The horse was wearing rubber shoes, ie, Tennis Shoes. If you want to whine about horses walking n pavement complain to the city of San Francisco, they still have mounted police on patrol. The guy supplying those tennis shoes has gotten rich over their antiquated practice.
No, it was not my horse. I was in the area and needed some medications and when I saw the sheriff pull in I went over to have a chat.
do you serve cheese with your whine Putzie? Certainly hope you're not barebacking those ewes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Regulators: California fell far short of water-... 55 min Coal 7
News Tupelo Fourth of July picnic could be affected ... 1 hr Independence 1
News July 4th Weather: Get Forecast Details for Doug... 6 hr les 1
News Halton Hills designates summer Cooling Centres 10 hr benefits-of-a-hum... 2
News No relief from record heat over Hawaii 23 hr Barack calls me B... 12
News July 4th fireworks face chance of rain out Thu tlo 5
News New England's epic winter gives way to unusuall... Thu Greg 4
More from around the web