Global warming's going to cost a ton,...

Global warming's going to cost a ton, billionaires say

There are 4 comments on the CBC News story from Jun 24, 2014, titled Global warming's going to cost a ton, billionaires say. In it, CBC News reports that:

A house that was blown over by a hurricane in Texas. According to an influential think-tank, the economic costs of climate change are going to grow exponentially.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

SpaceBlues

Cypress, TX

#1 Jun 24, 2014
Physicist offers $10,000 to anyone who can disprove "man-made global climate change"

Keating says he is more than willing to pay the money but doesn't believe it will happen, "I'm a scientist and I have to go where the science leads me. I have been studying climate change for a long time and I am certain my money is safe. They are in the business of denial and deception, not science. But, if someone could give me a scientific proof global warming isn't real, it would be worth the money."
litesong

Everett, WA

#2 Jun 24, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Physicist offers $10,000 to anyone who can disprove "man-made global climate change"
Willy Soon can add $100,000 of his freebe $1 million, to the $10.000 to anyone who can disprove "man-made global climate change"
SpaceBlues

Magnolia, TX

#3 Jun 24, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Willy Soon can add $100,000 of his freebe $1 million, to the $10.000 to anyone who can disprove "man-made global climate change"
His offer is probably out.

Hence, all Topix deniers are tearing their lungs out here.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#4 Jun 25, 2014
We need more education..

"EPA is getting almost everything it wanted in this case," Scalia said. He said the agency wanted to regulate 86 percent of all greenhouse gases emitted from plants nationwide, and it will it be able to regulate 83 percent of the emissions under the ruling. Justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas said they would go farther and bar all regulation of greenhouse gases under the permitting program.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds without power in Charlotte following M... 1 hr CharlottePro 1
News Initial Brexit shock is hurting UK _ but sparin... 2 hr BHM5267 3
News More snow in April than December? That's the ca... 17 hr snow job 2
News It's Really Hot In DC, So Fed Workers Were Told... Tue davy 2
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Tue silly rabbit 106
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) Jul 25 steve 231
News Thousands hit Philadelphia's steamy streets to ... Jul 25 Voter 2
More from around the web