True Leadership in a Time of Global W...

True Leadership in a Time of Global Warming

There are 2 comments on the Common Dreams story from Nov 11, 2012, titled True Leadership in a Time of Global Warming. In it, Common Dreams reports that:

In the wake of extreme drought in much of the United States, widespread wildfires in the U.S. west, and now Hurricane Sandy, Barack Obama's and Mitt Romney's refusal to discuss human-induced climate change will undoubtedly go down as political recklessness of historic proportions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Common Dreams.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#1 Nov 11, 2012
What's leadership?

[T]here "aren't many climate-change deniers anymore." CBS
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#2 Nov 12, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
What's leadership?
Darn good question.

I learned it as someone who can unite disparate and feuding factions behind him to move forward.

But another definition is 'someone who runs to the front of the mob and yells 'follow me'.

And there is some truth to that. Leaders generally come out of a trend in the public that they 'symbolize', like Martin Luther King Jr.

As such they don't unite a movement so much as represent a united movement.

But I would say that leadership is needed to propose and consolidate opinion behind real action (such as a 'Revenue Neutral Carbon Tax') that will address an important issue such as nuclear weapons limitations, world peace, and global warming.

That 'leadership role' doesn't necessarily represent ONE man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Obama pledges federal support in fl... 4 hr Peter 13
News SJC grants new trial to homeless man in trespas... 5 hr Golf club 3
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 7 hr silly rabbit 96
News Climate change implicated in France floods 8 hr Into The Night 23
News Global warming made Paris floods far more likel... 8 hr Into The Night 114
News New York Attempts to Fight Street Homelessness ... Tue Ice Man 1
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Jun 27 Jim 776
More from around the web