Fiscal cliff: unhappy Republicans attack GOP leadership - US politics live

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Guardian Unlimited

John Boehner's tenure as Speaker said to be under threat as House Republicans spread blame for fiscal cliff debacle Speaker of the House John Boehner entering the House chamber to vote on fiscal cliff legislation last night.

Comments
1 - 20 of 317 Comments Last updated Jan 21, 2013
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#1 Jan 2, 2013
Since Boehner has been Speaker of the House we've had nothing but self-made deadlines that they can't make, fiscal "crisis" after fiscal crisis", failed promises to deliver voters, wasteful symbolic votes, and a House that he can't control, and a rebellious caucus that doesn't respect him.

He's been the worst Speaker of the House in recent memory. Absolute worst.
liberals are heros

Urbandale, IA

#2 Jan 2, 2013
OneRyder wrote:
Since Boehner has been Speaker of the House we've had nothing but self-made deadlines that they can't make, fiscal "crisis" after fiscal crisis", failed promises to deliver voters, wasteful symbolic votes, and a House that he can't control, and a rebellious caucus that doesn't respect him.
He's been the worst Speaker of the House in recent memory. Absolute worst.
Hope your post doesn't make him cry...:)

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 2, 2013
OneRyder wrote:
Since Boehner has been Speaker of the House we've had nothing but self-made deadlines that they can't make, fiscal "crisis" after fiscal crisis", failed promises to deliver voters, wasteful symbolic votes, and a House that he can't control, and a rebellious caucus that doesn't respect him.
He's been the worst Speaker of the House in recent memory. Absolute worst.
Except for Pelosi that started the spend a thon our Children and Grandchildren will be stuck with.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Jan 2, 2013
liberals are heros wrote:
<quoted text>Hope your post doesn't make him cry...:)
AND TO THINK, THERE WASN'T MONEY FOR BENGHAZI.........

NASCAR PARTY FAVORS BURIED IN 'CLIFF' BILL...

MILLIONS FOR RUM PRODUCERS...

$59 million for algae growers...

HOLLYWOOD GETS BREAK...

...AFTER RECORD BOXOFFICE YEAR

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#5 Jan 2, 2013
Quoting repubs Christie and Peter King, Beohner's leadership of the house is "disgusting".
Fire the GOP

San Jose, CA

#6 Jan 2, 2013
The GOP TEA Party RINOs prove time after time that they do not know how to govern. Time after time they have pushed our economy to the brink just to win an election. BUT they do a great job at serving Grover Norquist and the rich 1%. All at the expense of the working middle class.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#7 Jan 2, 2013
You think there won't be any more deadlines? There is another budget one in February, and since we are already exceeding our debt level they have to do something about a new debt level. If you haven't had sense enough to do some saving, and stocking food, and buying additional guns, and ammo to keep thieves from your door step you can just wait for the Government to provide. Good luck. You better take your guns to a friendlier state like Indiana, because Illinois will come right to the door to pick up all your guns. Then they will brain wash you into thinking you don't need them anyway.
Next election, if there are any more, vote right.
Fire the GOP

San Jose, CA

#8 Jan 2, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Except for Pelosi that started the spend a thon our Children and Grandchildren will be stuck with.
Please be politically honest. The spendathon began when the GOP were in control along with Bush. They kept writing each other blank checks to keep the Iraq war going. A debt that is STILL unpaid for. If you REALLY care about our Children and our Grandchildren then you will quit your whining and pay down your Bush GOP war debt.

Otherwise, it's just phony outrage/concern.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#9 Jan 2, 2013
OneRyder wrote:
Since Boehner has been Speaker of the House we've had nothing but self-made deadlines that they can't make, fiscal "crisis" after fiscal crisis", failed promises to deliver voters, wasteful symbolic votes, and a House that he can't control, and a rebellious caucus that doesn't respect him.
He's been the worst Speaker of the House in recent memory. Absolute worst.
Just another GOP mainstay doing what they do best.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 Jan 2, 2013
OneRyder wrote:
Quoting repubs Christie and Peter King, Beohner's leadership of the house is "disgusting".
They are right. He is a sell out.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#11 Jan 2, 2013
Fire the GOP wrote:
The GOP TEA Party RINOs prove time after time that they do not know how to govern. Time after time they have pushed our economy to the brink just to win an election. BUT they do a great job at serving Grover Norquist and the rich 1%. All at the expense of the working middle class.
Do you really think your left wing propaganda even fools your little voices in your head. Wouldn't count on it.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#12 Jan 2, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text> Pelosi
Yes, jumbles, Mrs. Pelosi seems to have the leadership skills that poor ol' Boehner lacks.
liberals are heros

Urbandale, IA

#13 Jan 2, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You think there won't be any more deadlines? There is another budget one in February, and since we are already exceeding our debt level they have to do something about a new debt level. If you haven't had sense enough to do some saving, and stocking food, and buying additional guns, and ammo to keep thieves from your door step you can just wait for the Government to provide. Good luck. You better take your guns to a friendlier state like Indiana, because Illinois will come right to the door to pick up all your guns. Then they will brain wash you into thinking you don't need them anyway.
Next election, if there are any more, vote right.
this fruit-cake with a gun.....gawd help the entire world....she's bat-shyte nutz.....

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#14 Jan 2, 2013
OneRyder wrote:
Since Boehner has been Speaker of the House we've had nothing but self-made deadlines that they can't make, fiscal "crisis" after fiscal crisis", failed promises to deliver voters, wasteful symbolic votes, and a House that he can't control, and a rebellious caucus that doesn't respect him.
He's been the worst Speaker of the House in recent memory. Absolute worst.
He's such a boehner, huh?

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#15 Jan 2, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>They are right. He is a sell out.
They aren't calling him a sellout. Thats you.

They are saying he's disgusting because he didn't allow a vote on Sandy Bill.

But if you're angry with Boehner for Fiscal Deal, also say same about McMconnell, and the guy you voted for VP Ryan. We told you Ryan was a liar and he was no "fiscal hawk".

But you drank that koolaid.

Start calling almost every Repub in the Senate, Your House Speaker, your former VP candidate, and 83 other repub "a sellout".

That well over 130+ Repubs in office...not just Boehner.

Told you GOP was hot mess....didn't I?

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#16 Jan 2, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, jumbles, Mrs. Pelosi seems to have the leadership skills that poor ol' Boehner lacks.
who can argue with leadership skills like,
"we'll find out what's in it after we pass it"?

hardly a surprise you're a fan.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#17 Jan 2, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Except for Pelosi that started the spend a thon our Children and Grandchildren will be stuck with.
Eight Fiscal Cliff Corporate Boondoggles:

1. Help out NASCAR - Sec 312 extends the seven year recovery period. This one was projected to cost $43 million over two years.

2.A hundred million or so for Railroads. Not AMTRAK

3.Walt Disney Studios Gotta....Sec. 317 is “Extension of special expensing rules for certain film and television productions”

4. Help a brother mining company out – Sec. 307 and Sec. 316 offer tax incentives for miners to buy safety equipment and train their employees on mine safety.

5. Subsidies for Goldman Sachs Headquarters – Sec. 328

6.$9B Off-shore financing loophole for banks – Sec. 322

7. Tax credits for foreign subsidiaries – Sec. 323

8. Bonus Depreciation, R&D Tax Credit

First in line are the corporate pigs.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#18 Jan 2, 2013
Grover Norquist says "technically, these were tax cuts".

....oh look another repub "sellout"?

LOL.

Repubs are a hot mess. Doing all they can to blame Pres Obama and Dems while half the repub party voted "yes".

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#19 Jan 2, 2013
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
who can argue with leadership skills like,
"we'll find out what's in it after we pass it"?
hardly a surprise you're a fan.
Pelosi delivers on every promise of votes she makes.

Fan or not, If you think Boenher has shown the same level of Leadership as Speaker as Pelosi you're delusional.

Oh wait, you are delusional.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#20 Jan 2, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Eight Fiscal Cliff Corporate Boondoggles:
1. Help out NASCAR - Sec 312 extends the seven year recovery period. This one was projected to cost $43 million over two years.
2.A hundred million or so for Railroads. Not AMTRAK
3.Walt Disney Studios Gotta....Sec. 317 is “Extension of special expensing rules for certain film and television productions”
4. Help a brother mining company out – Sec. 307 and Sec. 316 offer tax incentives for miners to buy safety equipment and train their employees on mine safety.
5. Subsidies for Goldman Sachs Headquarters – Sec. 328
6.$9B Off-shore financing loophole for banks – Sec. 322
7. Tax credits for foreign subsidiaries – Sec. 323
8. Bonus Depreciation, R&D Tax Credit
First in line are the corporate pigs.
So you wanted to remove these tax credits to increase taxation by the Gov?

Since when were repubs against tax credits?

Don't tax credits pay for themselves?

Oh wait, only when Bush did them and told you they were free of charge?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuban migrant boat turned away from Caymans des... 4 hr Liger 3
Lake Superior's freezing weather is making amaz... (Feb '14) 5 hr Natural 2
Hurricane Cristobal unlikely to cause problems ... 5 hr Natural Disasters... 1
Marie and Cristobal: Two Storms and Lots of Que... 5 hr Natural Disasters... 1
Two Port of Long Beach terminals resume operati... 6 hr going to get worse 1
Kittens: The New Mascot Of Global Warming 6 hr FatLadyMe 4
Low temps, high bills (Feb '07) 7 hr Coletrane_exe 18
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weather People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••