Police Remind Parents, Children Of Cu...

Police Remind Parents, Children Of Curfew | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio...

There are 30 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jun 17, 2010, titled Police Remind Parents, Children Of Curfew | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio.... In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Summertime brings with it warm weather, longer days, and a curfew for Columbus children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

United States

#1 Jun 17, 2010
I think curfews for young children and young adults is a great idea. We have too many crazy things happening to innocent people of all ages late at night.
Hippie73

Mount Vernon, OH

#2 Jun 17, 2010
My curfew was 9:00pm. I didn't have to worry about being picked up by the police, my mother and one of her lectures would be waiting for me when I got home. I made it a point to be in on time.
Solomon

Bowling Green, OH

#3 Jun 17, 2010
The curfew offers an additional tool to deal with problem kids on the street after dark. Young teenagers can be just as dangerous if not deadly as older adults, if they are armed and aggressive, and many can be in the city. While challenges could be made to the legitimacy of the curfew, it is probably a fitting thing to have in order to address problems of serious juvenile crime. Just remember the curfew if you see kids out after dark or after curfew and they seem to be getting into trouble. You can call in a curfew violation if there is nothing else that you see. I know that I will keep this in the back of my mind this summer.
Sharon

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 17, 2010
There is no reason a child under 17 needs to be out til midnight. When i was a child curfew was 11 kids out after that were taken to detention home not to be taken home til; they went to court. Even then there were not a lot of kids out. There was also not near as much crime.
Bullseye

Zanesville, OH

#5 Jun 17, 2010
Funnier, more interesting article:

Children Remind Parents of Curfew for Police
ronald

Columbus, OH

#6 Jun 17, 2010
this curfew is not doing nothing in these streets
u2me1

Pickerington, OH

#7 Jun 17, 2010
richardson ave is full of the punks.times is a big joke to them.(like father like son.)
Solomon

Bowling Green, OH

#8 Jun 17, 2010
Do you call in curfew violations? If not then be silent. Start calling them in, wherever you live.
West Side Sally

Frankfort, OH

#10 Jun 17, 2010
I agree with kids should not be out after a certain time but punishing the parents is not good. Punish the kids...make them go to jail or do community service...don't threaten the parents!
2 cents

Elmhurst, IL

#11 Jun 17, 2010
Don't forget 16 and 17 yr olds if they are on their way home from a job are allowed to be out.

@jokester - I find it disturbing that we can't post on that news story. Could be that lots of hate would be posted up and the station doesn't want to deal with it! Anyhow isn't nice to see a lots of workers lose a days pay so someone can flap their gums.
grshppr

Westerville, OH

#12 Jun 17, 2010
FCCS is not jail for curfew violators. Take them to Juv Det Ctr @ 399.
Creampie Jones

Columbus, OH

#13 Jun 18, 2010
Just another act of political grandstanding from Mayor McCheese and our so called city leaders.

They arrested ONE person last year.. one!

I'm sure all the street punks are really, really scared right now.

“I can be very special!”

Bottom, Bikini

#15 Jun 18, 2010
I am against any curfews regarding kids or adults in times of peace being enforced by city officials - but I am also for telling parents to keep an eye on their kids so they are safe or make no nonsense.

Curfews are normally enacted when there is a state of uncontrolled aggression going on somewhere.

I think the city would be wise to admit that the crime rate is not controllable with giving its citizens liberties to walk freely 24/7 in public, and so they restrict liberties by enacting a curfew. I like to see the city officials being more honest to the public. This curfew is not enacted to keep the teenagers safe who are out on street at night, but to keep the public safe of them acting up and to keep the crime rate down.

“I can be very special!”

Bottom, Bikini

#16 Jun 18, 2010
How about another curfew at OSU campus for older "kids"?

just a thought to tease some of the older kids here on the board.
Col Blake

Columbus, OH

#18 Jun 18, 2010
ronald wrote:
this curfew is not doing nothing in these streets
Why,because too many parents married or not just don't take the necessary responsability that comes with having kids which would also explain why so many kids are acting like the punke they are.
Dirk Digler

Columbus, OH

#19 Jun 18, 2010
Have you been to Easton on a Friday or Saturday night there are kids standing on the street corners everywhere...It is scarey!!! I am more irritated by the trash they leave all over the place because they are to lazy to throw it in a trash can. Security do your job.
WSG

Columbus, OH

#21 Jun 18, 2010
u2me1 wrote:
richardson ave is full of the punks.times is a big joke to them.(like father like son.)
What is the deal with people always talking about Richardson avenue here?
Kristine

Lucasville, OH

#22 Jun 18, 2010
I had a strict curfew until I left home to go to college. My parents kept a close eye on me and my siblings, and at the time I hated it but looking back I am really appreciative that my parents cared that much about my safety to enforce rules. It's really sad when parents do not keep a watchful eye on their children. I think the city-wide curfew is a good idea. Now all the city needs to do is enforce it 100 percent.
u2me1

Pickerington, OH

#23 Jun 18, 2010
WSG wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the deal with people always talking about Richardson avenue here?
Move over there and u will c. 1. trailer park 2. moving on up (richardson ave). Lmao
marnew

Canal Winchester, OH

#24 Jun 18, 2010
sometimes I see children as young as 12 or 13 years old on the street when Iam coming home from work and the police park looking at them but will not get out of their car and get them. when their are 5 or more children at one time the police will not mess with them and they the children know this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bethenny Frankel thanks Alyssa Milano for chari... May 20 The Bay 1
News Energy companies, city hold public meeting rega... May 20 guest 1
News The listing for the Accomack County town is an ... May 17 Anne Mason Eiler ... 1
News Heat wave hits Hampton Roads (Jul '11) May 17 martin garey 3
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) May 15 tyl 961
News Storms cause isolated damage on Peninsula (Apr '09) May 15 martin garey 3
News 'This is a huge shock to us': What climate chan... May 13 hydro shock 1