Lake Erie 'essentially' frozen over

Lake Erie 'essentially' frozen over

There are 11 comments on the Erie Times News story from Jan 24, 2014, titled Lake Erie 'essentially' frozen over. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

The recent spell of cold weather has left Lake Erie almost completely frozen over, which could cut into snow and cloud cover through the rest of the season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

Sir Erie Realist

Flat Rock, OH

#1 Jan 25, 2014
Crank's ice road trucking venture from Harborcreek is a go ! what a maroon

Since: Nov 08

Canton, OH

#2 Jan 25, 2014
Lake Erie frozen? I think not. I live on the lake in Harborcreek and can see water all the way to the horizon.
Original Erie Realist

United States

#3 Jan 25, 2014
It would be nice if the Lake REALLY froze over but what they call frozen is in reality a skim of ice which can & will disappear very quickly from any slight warming trend & wind.
If the Lake really froze solid ....then the Canadian furtrappers can come here to our Convention Center/Field House on the Bay for a convention.
Probably a hundred thousand or so just like the parade last fall.
The correct spelling is "MORON not MAROON".....If you are going to insult someone, get the spelling correct so you are not displaying your own Moronic ability.
cheetos

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2014
"What a maroon"
-Bugs Bunny
Erie surrealist

Flat Rock, OH

#5 Jan 25, 2014
Original Erie Realist wrote:
It would be nice if the Lake REALLY froze over but what they call frozen is in reality a skim of ice which can & will disappear very quickly from any slight warming trend & wind.
If the Lake really froze solid ....then the Canadian furtrappers can come here to our Convention Center/Field House on the Bay for a convention.
Probably a hundred thousand or so just like the parade last fall.
The correct spelling is "MORON not MAROON".....If you are going to insult someone, get the spelling correct so you are not displaying your own Moronic ability.
guess you werent a bugs bunny fan. As for you what a maroon ! But you know what you are.
Erie surrealist

Flat Rock, OH

#6 Jan 25, 2014
cheetos wrote:
"What a maroon"
-Bugs Bunny
thank you... education does pay !
Original Erie Realist

United States

#7 Jan 25, 2014
"Moron".....Merriam- Webster Dictionary; Maroon might be find for Bugs Bunny but if you wish to comment on someones level of intelligence ....don`t display your lack of it.
cheetos

United States

#8 Jan 25, 2014
Original Erie Realist wrote:
"Moron".....Merriam- Webster Dictionary; Maroon might be find for Bugs Bunny but if you wish to comment on someones level of intelligence ....don`t display your lack of it.
Reflections of a sad childhood eh? Forced to watch PBS on Saturday mornings, unlike us who enjoyed watching Bugs and eating Captn' Crunch straight out of the box.

Life was good :)
Erie surrealist

Flat Rock, OH

#9 Jan 25, 2014
Original Erie Realist wrote:
"Moron".....Merriam- Webster Dictionary; Maroon might be find for Bugs Bunny but if you wish to comment on someones level of intelligence ....don`t display your lack of it.
your mothervwas an eggplant and your father was an american indian...look in the mirror. You are maroon.
cheetos

United States

#10 Jan 25, 2014
I thought it was "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberry"
Sir Lancelot

Canton, OH

#11 Jan 25, 2014
cheetos wrote:
I thought it was "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberry"
That's only if you were once changed into a newt but got better.]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bethenny Frankel thanks Alyssa Milano for chari... May 20 The Bay 1
News Energy companies, city hold public meeting rega... May 20 guest 1
News The listing for the Accomack County town is an ... May 17 Anne Mason Eiler ... 1
News Heat wave hits Hampton Roads (Jul '11) May 17 martin garey 3
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) May 15 tyl 961
News Storms cause isolated damage on Peninsula (Apr '09) May 15 martin garey 3
News 'This is a huge shock to us': What climate chan... May 13 hydro shock 1