Rescues needed as storms drench the S...

Rescues needed as storms drench the Southeast

There are 19 comments on the WXOW-TV La Crosse story from Apr 7, 2014, titled Rescues needed as storms drench the Southeast. In it, WXOW-TV La Crosse reports that:

Authorities say severe thunderstorms punching across the Southeast have forced the evacuation of an Alabama mobile home park as heavy rains cause scattered flooding and power outages and snarl rush hour commutes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXOW-TV La Crosse.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 7, 2014
Why don't they just walk on the water ?
Evilgelicals R Mental

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Apr 7, 2014
snyper wrote:
A pair of little birdies told me they don't noah how to do that.

(See what I did there that I shouldn't have?)

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 8, 2014
God's wrath on bigotry, perhaps?

Location hidden

#4 Apr 8, 2014
RalphB wrote:
Naw. I'm just cranking the machine up.

Remember. I've been trying to send tornadoes through Oral Robert's "prayer tower" and the Phelps compound for a number of years. I might just drop one on Regent University, but the collateral damage will be fierce, and there are some kittens that will be born in the neighborhood that won't deserve the grief.

(sigh)

The job of a dominion is far harder than it might seem.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5 Apr 8, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember. I've been trying to send tornadoes through Oral Robert's "prayer tower" and the Phelps compound for a number of years. I might just drop one on Regent University, but the collateral damage will be fierce, and there are some kittens that will be born in the neighborhood that won't deserve the grief.
(sigh)
Good work requires diligence and attention to detail. Keep at it,. In the end it will be worth all the effort.

Location hidden

#6 Apr 8, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Good work requires diligence and attention to detail. Keep at it,. In the end it will be worth all the effort.
Also, SOME seem to be waking up.

Rainbow Control Central

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Apr 8, 2014
The Water will be drained immediately after the first Legalized GAY Weddings in Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia
We'll be listening for those wedding bells now; ya'heah?
Moral Truth

Hockessin, DE

#8 Apr 9, 2014
You [email protected] are worthless POS. Hope some disaster befalls you all.
Talibangelical Fatwa

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Apr 9, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
are worthless POS. Hope some disaster befalls you all.
Closet case, no one here is going to go on a date with you, so stop referencing imminent disasters befalling us.
Talibangelical Fatwa

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Apr 9, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
(sigh)
You could always try for a nocebo effect.(Yes, that's a real word.)

Apparently, to take one variation, if you tell people that your sticking a pin into an effigy of them will sicken them, and that you're doing so, they will have heart attacks or otherwise get sick at more than normal rates....
Moral Truth

Hockessin, DE

#11 Apr 9, 2014
Talibangelical Fatwa wrote:
<quoted text>Closet case, no one here is going to go on a date with you, so stop referencing imminent disasters befalling us.
Get lost shiteater, there's no little boys here for you.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 9, 2014
Talibangelical Fatwa wrote:
<quoted text>
You could always try for a nocebo effect.(Yes, that's a real word.)
Apparently, to take one variation, if you tell people that your sticking a pin into an effigy of them will sicken them, and that you're doing so, they will have heart attacks or otherwise get sick at more than normal rates....
You know how to play!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#13 Apr 9, 2014
snyper wrote:
According to the story two people died, one just a 9 yo girl. Your joke is about as funny
as that Rutger's student that jumped off a bridge.

Location hidden

#14 Apr 9, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the story two people died, one just a 9 yo girl. Your joke is about as funny
as that Rutger's student that jumped off a bridge.
Oh now that's sad.
Talibangelical Fatwa

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Apr 9, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how to play!
I have never tried that.

Once I put a kind of impromptu, verbal, ornate, all encompassing hex - a curse in that sense - on a driver (and his kin) who had cut me off. I assume he is a multi millionaire in fine health.
Justin

United States

#16 Apr 9, 2014
RalphB wrote:
Poor black families get flooded out of their trailer homes, and you see that as God's wrath ???
Talibangelical Fatwa

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Apr 9, 2014
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor black families get flooded out of their trailer homes, and you see that as God's wrath ???
Hey Cletus, he is mocking the fundierai$ing preachers who always say such tripe about natural disasters...gawd's wrath on feminists or homosexuals or, well, they don't say it, but they think it, jews.

Location hidden

#19 Apr 9, 2014
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>
If we listen to the fundie preachers it certainly is ... and it's all our fault, too.

" ... who is this that even the winds and the sea obey him?... "
Talibangelical Fatwa

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Apr 9, 2014
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, homosexuals got no compassion for them poor black families that were flooded out.
Again, it's clearly a riff on the high on the hog tv preachers who always assign blame for natural disasters on some left wing cohort.

It's appropriate to mock that sort of "thinking," even if fundie bigots are too stupid or too disingenuous to acknowledge the point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drones meet drought in skies of storied Califor... 5 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Macedonia's tiny Jewish community, JDC help flo... 11 hr BISER BALKANSKI--- 21
News Heavy Rain Caused More Than $100K In Damage To ... 20 hr shoot 1
News Why it Matters: Climate Change Mon Timmy 1
News Warmer weather and experimentation lead to new ... Sun Stephany McDowell 1
News Hay fever cases set to soar across Europe Aug 26 Pollution probs 2 1
News Severe thunderstorm watch ended for Halton Aug 26 BIA 1
More from around the web