Heavy snow shuts down Massena

Most Massena businesses and retailers were closed Thursday, as residents dug out cars, driveways and sidewalks from under 16 inches of snow.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
walker

Massena, NY

#1 Dec 28, 2012
This storm did not come as a surprise days before the storm every weather station radio station news channel were telling about it so there was no reason for Massena to be so called SHUT DOWN .....Just lazy over paid DPW workers made the streets of Massena a mess by not plowing till they felt like it ...And by the way WHY dont you DPW workers not wanna clean the sidewalks ? THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT DO STILL WALK
nobody cares

Ogdensburg, NY

#2 Dec 28, 2012
walker wrote:
This storm did not come as a surprise days before the storm every weather station radio station news channel were telling about it so there was no reason for Massena to be so called SHUT DOWN .....Just lazy over paid DPW workers made the streets of Massena a mess by not plowing till they felt like it ...And by the way WHY dont you DPW workers not wanna clean the sidewalks ? THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT DO STILL WALK
nobody cares. What are you, lost?
walker

Massena, NY

#3 Dec 28, 2012
Nope not lost... are YOU ?
Driver

New York, NY

#4 Dec 28, 2012
Just another cry baby who thinks everything should be handed to him.
nobody cares

Ogdensburg, NY

#5 Dec 28, 2012
walker wrote:
Nope not lost... are YOU ?
Why would you complain about the streets in Massena, when your on an Ogdensburg Forum? Yeah, your lost.
help me

Massena, NY

#6 Dec 28, 2012
where can i find a sled for my kids?? walmart has nothing!!!
Lucy

Ogdensburg, NY

#7 Dec 28, 2012
try Kinney Drugs for sleds or Tractor Supply Store
Driver

New York, NY

#8 Dec 28, 2012
Price chopper had some before Christmas you could try there also.
theif

Ogdensburg, NY

#9 Dec 28, 2012
Lowes had some a few days ago.
walker

Massena, NY

#10 Dec 28, 2012
Driver wrote:
Just another cry baby who thinks everything should be handed to him.
And just what is it I want handed to me ? Clean sidewalks to walk on ?
Driver

New York, NY

#11 Dec 28, 2012
walker wrote:
<quoted text>And just what is it I want handed to me ? Clean sidewalks to walk on ?
Go knock on everyone's door and complain to the homeowners. They are responsible for snow removal on the sidewalk.

If you are referring to downtown they were working on it yesterday but kept getting stuck and there were too many cars in the roadway to remove the snow.
nobody cares

Ogdensburg, NY

#12 Dec 28, 2012
walker wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what is it I want handed to me ? Clean sidewalks to walk on ?
What, you to good to lend a hand at a time like this, and go out and shovel your own damm sidewalk. Should somebody come and shovel your driveway also. Could you put this on the Massena forum, where it should be? Man, you people in Massena have it made, if the town DPW comes and does your sidewalks.
Driver

New York, NY

#13 Dec 28, 2012
nobody cares wrote:
<quoted text>What, you to good to lend a hand at a time like this, and go out and shovel your own damm sidewalk. Should somebody come and shovel your driveway also. Could you put this on the Massena forum, where it should be? Man, you people in Massena have it made, if the town DPW comes and does your sidewalks.
This is the Massena forum?
nobody cares

Ogdensburg, NY

#14 Dec 28, 2012
Driver wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the Massena forum?
Wow, you have to be on drugs, you are not only lost in the real world, but you are lost in cyberspace also.
walker

Massena, NY

#15 Dec 28, 2012
its on both Ogdensburg and massena
Driver

Massena, NY

#16 Dec 28, 2012
nobody cares wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you have to be on drugs, you are not only lost in the real world, but you are lost in cyberspace also.
What drugs are you on?
Interesting guy

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Dec 28, 2012
"Nobody Cares" is a depressed adult who needs therapy and meds....

I like the mall in Massena (cute MILFs) however I don't like driving there. I rather order online than drive miles for stuff.
Stacy

Massena, NY

#18 Dec 28, 2012
To the idiot who said this is the Ogdensburg forum-learn to read...it's the Potsdam forum. #2 obviously you don't go to Massena, because all the sidewalks are plowed. BUT lazy ass people would rather walk in the road where it's bare then have to deal with the maybe 1-2 inches of snow that the plows can't dig up from the sidewalks.
nobody cares

Ogdensburg, NY

#19 Dec 28, 2012
Stacy wrote:
To the idiot who said this is the Ogdensburg forum-learn to read...it's the Potsdam forum.#2 obviously you don't go to Massena, because all the sidewalks are plowed. BUT lazy ass people would rather walk in the road where it's bare then have to deal with the maybe 1-2 inches of snow that the plows can't dig up from the sidewalks.
To the idiot who said this is the postsdam forum, this is the ogdensburg forum, go to the top of the page and read. Your right, I don't gor to Massena, why would I. Wow, I wish the burg plowed sidewalks, why don't we?
help me

Massena, NY

#20 Dec 28, 2012
thanks will check these places in the morning

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Balkans hit by fresh flooding; three dead 5 hr blimey 7
a Dangerously hot weathera in Southland shows n... 15 hr Jack D 4
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Mon Lynessa 438
Man in hospital, used stove for heat (Jan '09) Sun maddog2008 118
Police chief: Crime down 23 percent in Moss Point Sun Kelly 1
Hurricane Odile to Hit Baja California Mexico o... Sun Kelly 1
Slim chance of big floods, RID says Sun steen 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••