Where have all the hurricanes gone?

Sep 14, 2013 Full story: KOCO-TV Oklahoma City

Once you're logged in, at the top of each article, video or slideshow you will see a list of your Facebook friends who recently visited Choose to share stories you'e read with your friends or turn sharing OFF to keep your reading experience anonymous .

Full Story

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Sep 16, 2013
Was not just Hurricanes. The typhoon season was also slow to start.

Main reason was the long term production of blocking anticyclones in the temperate rainbelt which diverted a lot of rainbearing cloud over particular areas on the map,(Such as Manchuria for example).

The high pressure cells stable during summer dur to the low equator-pole temperature gradient over the N. Hemisphere now appears to be breaking down as the N. polar region cools in Autumn.

Looks like after the slow start we now have a windup situation. The high pressure blocking anticyclone droughts in the N. Hemisphere have now just about gone.

This blocking situation may also have something to do with winter weather in the S. hemisphere over the last few months, and also something to do with an awful lot of central Andean snow.

We remain @ present in climate mode#3 which is a mite more efficient than climate mode#2 @ cooling the planet. This probably has had a lot to do with the summer hurricane drought (up until now).

May be a busy late season.

have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There's a blizzard warning in effect for ... Ha... 9 hr IBdaMann 8
Philippines hardest hit by extreme weather in 2... 11 hr Manuel de Jesus B... 2
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 14 hr polomy 1,124
Massive rainfall floods So. GA 15 hr Will Dockery 1
Get furnace checked or face a fine 21 hr silly rabbit 47
Temperatures expected to drop to near freezing ... Sat not John Colby 3
Severe flooding in Southeast Asia: 100,000 Mala... Dec 26 Grubers Golf Guilt 1
More from around the web