Columbus Cracking Down On Most Wanted...

Columbus Cracking Down On Most Wanted Graffiti Artists | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 33 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from May 18, 2011, titled Columbus Cracking Down On Most Wanted Graffiti Artists | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

With warmer weather coming, city prosecutors on Wednesday were preparing to go on the offensive against graffiti artists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Krylon

Powell, OH

#1 May 18, 2011
They should really put the focus on the gun - toting thuglets that are rampant in the graffiti ridden areas of the city.

Maybe after they get gun violence to decline they should consider going after these vandalists with a can.
JustSayin

Columbus, OH

#3 May 18, 2011
Krylon wrote:
They should really put the focus on the gun - toting thuglets that are rampant in the graffiti ridden areas of the city.
Maybe after they get gun violence to decline they should consider going after these vandalists with a can.
YES! Why not give them higher fines, MORE community service, and FORCE them to clean up the mess? We have too many REAL & VIOLENT criminals walking the streets, and they should be sitting in the occupied cell of a graffiti artist instead! Just ridiculous....
Angst

Wellston, OH

#4 May 18, 2011
From the "Style book" graffiti vandal. By no means are these criminals "artists. If the amount of damage is over $500 it is a felony.
Get the Real Thugs

Westerville, OH

#6 May 18, 2011
Yeah graffiti looks bad, but really CPD needs to be checking ID's of thugs on the streets first.
How many are walking the streets with serious violent crime warrants out on them?
They just got 2 who have murder charges against them and they were on the streets for 6 months.
Get the worse thugs off the street first!
street justice

Newport, KY

#7 May 18, 2011
Cut off a finger each time they get caught till they can't hold a can of spray paint!!! S*** Bags!!!

Since: Jan 10

Grove City

#8 May 19, 2011
Excellent use of your resources Mayor, that should help you get re-elected in November.
JustSayin

Columbus, OH

#10 May 19, 2011
tidedude2009 wrote:
Excellent use of your resources Mayor, that should help you get re-elected in November.
EXACTLY! All crises have been avoided now that we are nabbing the MOST dangerous criminals to EVER walk on the streets of Columbus! Hip-Hip-Hooray!
someone who knows

Athens, OH

#11 May 19, 2011
Stop bashing the police or the elected administration. There are different sections that govern specific patterns of crime ie...Crimes against persons, Crimes against property, Economic crimes etc...each branch has a most wanted list of offenders. Just because someone is wanted out of a graffiti charge doesn't mean that homicide suspects aren't being followed up on by a totally different group. Each group is involved in their particular area of expertise.
Sparky

New York, NY

#12 May 19, 2011
Anybody hear how "Seed" has been getting along in the big house?
ENDER

Columbus, OH

#13 May 19, 2011
YOU WILL NEVER CATCH MEEEE!!!! ENDER PBJ IOK 2011
westside

Athens, OH

#14 May 19, 2011
some graffiti look's good when a great artist tagges it, but when you have gang quotes and territory markings it looks giberish. i see more trash and debre scattered in the alleys more than graffiti, but thats just idiots that have no respect for a neiborhood than they do for themselves. i wish there was professional tagging all over col. if the owner don't care. i bet they ran into all kinds of potholes scoping out tagging.
Smawgunner

Columbus, OH

#15 May 19, 2011
"Artists?"..... "Taggers"? How about VANDALS 10TV? These thugs are being glorified.
west sider

Reynoldsburg, OH

#16 May 19, 2011
I agree that if this was "art" it would be different. This is crap and it's on our garages and in our park. The "gun toting thugs" are the same ones claiming OUR property as their territory! Graffiti tagging is the same as a dog peeing on it's property!
BlackBetty

Columbus, OH

#17 May 19, 2011
ENDER wrote:
YOU WILL NEVER CATCH MEEEE!!!! ENDER PBJ IOK 2011
I love graffiti.....so keep on making amazing work! But hell, if you are going to get caught for doing something, why not get caught for making something amazing??
cory

Columbus, OH

#18 May 19, 2011
PLEASE EXPLAIN to me how they put Julian on the top 4 wanted graffiti artist???REALLY?? Do you people not look at the facts before reporting? Look for yourself!!! He was picked up in 2007, He never did it agian, he has worked at the same place for years, for 2 of those years he worked two jobs, paid his own bills,and stayed out of trouble. If anyone was even trying to find him since 2007 it would of been EASY!! Now, all of a sudden, he's one of Columbus's top Graffiti offenders They will not find any graffiti that he has done....he has not done ANY since 2007! Talk about twisting the facts. It's disgusting they are that desperate. If your gonna have a top 4 list could you at least pick someone that has tagged in the last 4 years?.....or how about focusing on some of the horrible murders Columbus has had this year and last. Easy to see why so many are unsolved...our paid officals are to busy chasing after the dangerous graffiti artist that got caught one time...4 years ago, and never did it again.
Val

Columbus, OH

#19 May 20, 2011
I want to see their work. What kind of reporting is that?
Val

Columbus, OH

#20 May 20, 2011
Instead of jail how about creating a community service team to remove gang realated tagging by the ones who did it. They wouldn't seem too cool to their buddies in an orange jumpsuit.
Just wondering

Columbus, OH

#21 May 20, 2011
cory wrote:
PLEASE EXPLAIN to me how they put Julian on the top 4 wanted graffiti artist???REALLY?? Do you people not look at the facts before reporting? Look for yourself!!! He was picked up in 2007, He never did it agian, he has worked at the same place for years, for 2 of those years he worked two jobs, paid his own bills,and stayed out of trouble. If anyone was even trying to find him since 2007 it would of been EASY!! Now, all of a sudden, he's one of Columbus's top Graffiti offenders They will not find any graffiti that he has done....he has not done ANY since 2007! Talk about twisting the facts. It's disgusting they are that desperate. If your gonna have a top 4 list could you at least pick someone that has tagged in the last 4 years?.....or how about focusing on some of the horrible murders Columbus has had this year and last. Easy to see why so many are unsolved...our paid officals are to busy chasing after the dangerous graffiti artist that got caught one time...4 years ago, and never did it again.
Really? Where is he working?
lover of trains

Columbus, OH

#22 May 20, 2011
I think those that spread graffitti need a stiff sentence ... like cut their hands off.
the fartman

Columbus, OH

#23 May 20, 2011
i dont see the problem. giraffes are loving and kind animals. you all make me SICK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winter weather returns tonight 24 min Maggie 10
News US cold snap was a freak of nature, quick analy... 3 hr C Kersey 2
News In Whitesboro, residents fight another damaging... 5 hr KnockKnock 1
News It is abnormally cold in the United States. Tha... 5 hr Red Crosse 450
News Ice sends Tennessee drivers spinning as winter ... 6 hr Butthatsnoneofmyb... 1
News Texas towns hit hard by Hurricane Harvey work t... 12 hr Focus on THIS 2
News Lady Gaga dedicates emotional show to Houston f... 13 hr Monster 24
More from around the web