Unplowed roads dangerous for storm patients

Feb 12, 2013 Full story: Connecticut Post 6

The weekend blizzard left the usual rash of storm-related injuries and illnesses in its wake -- car accidents, heart attacks, asthma attacks, falls and carbon monoxide exposure, among them.

Full Story
upset

Bridgeport, CT

#1 Feb 13, 2013
Price Street in Bridgeport has not seen any kind of snow plowing effort from the city of Bridgeport. The mayor has the luxury to stay home if he pleases after all we do pay enough taxes for him to have that luxury. The tax payers that live on Price Street had to dig themselves out in order to get to work. CAN WE GET THE CITY TO PRICE STREET? WE ARE RIGHT OF PALISADE AND TWO MINUTES FROM BRIDGEPORT HOSPITAL. How dare Mayor Finch take credit for clean streets in Bridgeport when the ambulance cant even get through the streets to save life's. SHAME ON YOU! We pay the most and get the least!

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 13, 2013
upset wrote:
Price Street in Bridgeport has not seen any kind of snow plowing effort from the city of Bridgeport. The mayor has the luxury to stay home if he pleases after all we do pay enough taxes for him to have that luxury. The tax payers that live on Price Street had to dig themselves out in order to get to work. CAN WE GET THE CITY TO PRICE STREET? WE ARE RIGHT OF PALISADE AND TWO MINUTES FROM BRIDGEPORT HOSPITAL. How dare Mayor Finch take credit for clean streets in Bridgeport when the ambulance cant even get through the streets to save life's. SHAME ON YOU! We pay the most and get the least!
Your last sentence is the very essence of living under ironclad democrat rule. Oh and by the way, traveling is against the rules in Bridgeport.
BPT

Derby, CT

#3 Feb 13, 2013
there will be plenty of lawsuits.......

“'never'”

Location hidden

#4 Feb 13, 2013
BPT wrote:
there will be plenty of lawsuits.......
Did you see the news this morning? A young man died of an asthma attack on an unplowed street, 1000' from St. Vincents hospital.
BPT

Derby, CT

#5 Feb 13, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the news this morning? A young man died of an asthma attack on an unplowed street, 1000' from St. Vincents hospital.
i saw that story last night.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#6 Feb 13, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>i saw that story last night.
Can you imagine how that young lady is feeling? It's just such bad luck. I know a family who dragged in a family member and she literally died on the elevator ride up to the emergency room- one of those slow elevators.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 12 min pit 1,120
Canada In For Storm On Christmas Day: Snow Fore... 52 min Mother Nature 1
Activists try to rile up Chris Christie, pile u... 2 hr Le Jimbo 14
Humboldt's homeless examine options for winter ... (Feb '09) 13 hr ariel thompson 122
The Fed's next land fight: New Mexico ranchers ... (May '14) 15 hr Ralph 36
Get furnace checked or face a fine 16 hr silly rabbit 46
D.C. has passed sea level rise 'tipping point,'... Sun Earthling-1 1
More from around the web