Severe Weather Prompts Cancellation of 'Mongo' McMichael Fundraiser

Mar 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

A winter storm that could dump 10 or more inches of snow on Romeoville and the Chicago area prompted organizers to postpone a fundraiser for mayoral candidate Steve "Mongo" McMichael.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Mar 6, 2013
Preacher

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Ok, I'll be the Pat Roberson of Romeoville and say that God is showing his displeasure of Mongo running for Mayor and causing the snow storm. It's just a joke so no I'm going to hell replies.

On a serious note, if he held it Romeoville he could have probably still had it at his place. But then again, we are a WORKING community who can't shell out the $150.00 appearance fee, sorry, campaign contributions that he charges to meet ballplayers from 30 years ago.

I would like for him to answer the questions though about having his fundraiser downtown. Was it that your place did not have the room or is it because his “guests” wouldn’t drive to Romeoville to support him? It seems to me that Romeoville is not good enough for him host a fundraiser to be mayor OF Romeoville. Says a lot about his character doesn’t it?

And don’t bring up the safety issue. I have seen his bar open during worse weather than is being predicted. He sure as the heck did not tell the staff to not come to work. Got to deliver the pizzas and serve the beer.

My last question is, when are you going to have a debate with the mayor? Your bar patrons convinced you enough with village business to run so you must be “privy” to some things. I really am interested in what you have to say on the issues that you yourself claim to be the major complaints that you hear from residents. That is not a joke. Bring up valid points though that actually affects the village and her constituents with a four year business plan on HOW you plan to make it work. Not just buzz words and phrases that have been floating around.

Oh, and by the way, Mayor Noak just received another endorsement from a taxpayer and we have yet to see one for you. Not even by your own campaign staff if that is what you could call them. Not by the people who are touting support for you on here. To me personally, this speaks volumes!
2052NotEnough

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Like my ancestors say:
ten się śmieje, kto się śmieje ostatni.
BTW, Noak can have all the endorsements he can carry, but the only thing that matters are the votes on April 9, we find out if he has enough in 36 days
And

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

You are correct. With the voter turn out in Romeoville judging by days gone by, it would be hard pressed to predict the votes at this time. I am personally voting for Noak and there there is nothing that Mongo or his crew could say to make me think otherwise.
2052NotEnough wrote:
Like my ancestors say:
ten się śmieje, kto się śmieje ostatni.
BTW, Noak can have all the endorsements he can carry, but the only thing that matters are the votes on April 9, we find out if he has enough in 36 days
how much for 1 rib

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

That's good, I was so concerned for the attendees - Not really. Who cares anyway !
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

With the event not happening that just means marky mark and the felons will be roaming the streets of our town. I would lock down cuz they will be out creepin thru the streets
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Oh ya two events tanked. Hmmm two out of 3 ain't good
Horse

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

That isn’t the only reason it got cancelled.
curious

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Do tell...
Horse wrote:
That isn’t the only reason it got cancelled.
omg

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Anyone listen to biigjohnandamy.com for Mongos newest delusions?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••