Mayor Dale Janway: Expect more growth in Carlsbad for 2013

Jan 5, 2013 Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus 16

It's no secret that Carlsbad is growing, and more people means more city projects for 2013.

Full Story
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

#1 Jan 5, 2013
"The focus will be on street reconstruction, sidewalks and streetlights," :-)
Caver

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Jan 6, 2013
What about all the speeders in town? Is that not a safety issue? No Cops around to monitor the stop sign violators and speeders on Canal.
In the earlier mornings you know you see them trying to get to work before their late.
Dale, are you going to do something about that?
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

#3 Jan 7, 2013
There are some streets just 2 and 3 blocks away from the mayor's office their disgraceful, no curbs weeds and grass growing in the street, and potholes dirt driveways, and he is worried about the cities appearance.

I laughed so hard I spotted myself thanks for the good laugh mayor.

vicki newell

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Jan 7, 2013
Carlsbad Resident wrote:
There are some streets just 2 and 3 blocks away from the mayor's office their disgraceful, no curbs weeds and grass growing in the street, and potholes dirt driveways, and he is worried about the cities appearance.
I laughed so hard I spotted myself thanks for the good laugh mayor.
property owners are supposed to cut the weeds etc.... doc the code enforcer needs to do some work!!!!!
Caver

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Jan 9, 2013
Who is this Doc guy? I need to send other properties to him to get weeds cut down? He always sends me a notice to cut my weeds down and I cut them down. Does he only work if people send him complaints of properties that need attention?
Caver

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Jan 9, 2013
What about that house that house that caught fire on 713 N Alameda last week with weeds everywhere for a year? Was this doc suppose to do any thing about that? Who is this Doctor?
Caver

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Jan 9, 2013
Doctor who?
Realist

United States

#8 Jan 17, 2013
Before you bash Mr. Janway, you need to remember what the last mayor done for Carlsbad and thats a big fat 0. I think he's doing a great job the economy is great and we made it through the recession with ease. It's like a ray of light is on Carlsbad every since he's been in office. he is down to earth and he actually grades his own progress and makes it public. That to me is a person who is trying to better Carlsbad without a doubt. All we need is clothing stores and resteraunts and more housing. But I think he's doing a great job, mayor Janway keep doing what your doing, your doing great!
School

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Realist wrote:
Before you bash Mr. Janway, you need to remember what the last mayor done for Carlsbad and thats a big fat 0. I think he's doing a great job the economy is great and we made it through the recession with ease. It's like a ray of light is on Carlsbad every since he's been in office. he is down to earth and he actually grades his own progress and makes it public. That to me is a person who is trying to better Carlsbad without a doubt. All we need is clothing stores and resteraunts and more housing. But I think he's doing a great job, mayor Janway keep doing what your doing, your doing great!
You are realistically an idiot. Realistically speaking of course.
Caver

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Jan 19, 2013
Realist wrote:
Before you bash Mr. Janway, you need to remember what the last mayor done for Carlsbad and thats a big fat 0. I think he's doing a great job the economy is great and we made it through the recession with ease. It's like a ray of light is on Carlsbad every since he's been in office. he is down to earth and he actually grades his own progress and makes it public. That to me is a person who is trying to better Carlsbad without a doubt. All we need is clothing stores and resteraunts and more housing. But I think he's doing a great job, mayor Janway keep doing what your doing, your doing great!
The mayor has nothing to do with the massive economic growth this city is expercing. If he thinks he is the master mind behind this growth, then he is crazy.
carlsbad 1

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Jan 20, 2013
if your concern about the weeds, get your lazy ass up and cutt them yourself.
Carlsbad 2

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Jan 23, 2013
"More people" being the influx of temporary oilfield workers who are trashing the town and terrorizing the roads paying no attention to the other drivers. I'm definitely all for Carlsbad growing, but the actual residents are NOT benefitting from any of this new oilfield boom. No new restaurants, no new shopping; all we're getting are more hotels and apartments that in 5-10 years time will all be run-down and completly empty when the boom collapses.
Blind

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Jan 24, 2013
Carlsbad 2 wrote:
"More people" being the influx of temporary oilfield workers who are trashing the town and terrorizing the roads paying no attention to the other drivers. I'm definitely all for Carlsbad growing, but the actual residents are NOT benefitting from any of this new oilfield boom. No new restaurants, no new shopping; all we're getting are more hotels and apartments that in 5-10 years time will all be run-down and completly empty when the boom collapses.
IHOP, Tractor Supply Company, Rue 21....no new restaurants or shopping huh? Maybe stop wearing your butt as a mask and take a look around? Housing comes in because there's no where for people to live.
Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#14 Jan 24, 2013
Carlsbad 2 wrote:
"More people" being the influx of temporary oilfield workers who are trashing the town and terrorizing the roads paying no attention to the other drivers. I'm definitely all for Carlsbad growing, but the actual residents are NOT benefitting from any of this new oilfield boom. No new restaurants, no new shopping; all we're getting are more hotels and apartments that in 5-10 years time will all be run-down and completly empty when the boom collapses.
""we're getting are more hotels and apartments that in 5-10 years time will all be run-down and completly empty when the boom collapses"".

Why do you think all of the prices of these rooms are so grossly inflated, they are going to make as much money as they can during this 5-10 year BOOM they can.

After the boom they made their money, they will just walk away !

""but the actual residents are NOT benefitting from any of this new oilfield boom. No new restaurants, no new shopping"";

The reason why there will be no new restaurants and new shopping it will be direct computatio to the city insider good old boys good old girls and their CITY elected cronies , they control just about everything that comes into Carlsbad, if it benefits them it will be allowed to come in.
The Moron Files

Carlsbad, NM

#15 Jan 24, 2013
Carlsbad Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
""we're getting are more hotels and apartments that in 5-10 years time will all be run-down and completly empty when the boom collapses"".
Why do you think all of the prices of these rooms are so grossly inflated, they are going to make as much money as they can during this 5-10 year BOOM they can.
After the boom they made their money, they will just walk away !
""but the actual residents are NOT benefitting from any of this new oilfield boom. No new restaurants, no new shopping"";
The reason why there will be no new restaurants and new shopping it will be direct computatio to the city insider good old boys good old girls and their CITY elected cronies , they control just about everything that comes into Carlsbad, if it benefits them it will be allowed to come in.
You must really be jealous of "the good old boys" whoever the he11 that is. I've been here for eight years now (moved from Colorado) and have yet to see any proof of the BS the Hobbs ISP person claims. Even if there was some truth to your rants, it aint happening now- in Carlsbad. I must be a good old boy since my business is making money and I haven't had cr@p with anyone except a couple of drugged-out EX employees and a theft of one of my company vehicles.

I think you need to find another conspiracy or go back to the nursing home.
Carlsbad 2

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Jan 24, 2013
BLIND wrote:
"IHOP, Tractor Supply Company, Rue 21....no new restaurants or shopping huh? Maybe stop wearing your butt as a mask and take a look around? Housing comes in because there's no where for people to live."

Maybe I should have been more specific, Blind. I should have said, "No new restaurants, and no new shopping where people ACTUALLY want to eat and shop." As far as the apartment issue, there is still nowhere for Carlsbad RESIDENTS to live because the prices for these places are outrageous thanks to the oil boom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 36 min Skeeter 440
Pot bust in Tulare County leads to arrest of 21... 1 hr TBN 1
Rain From Tropical Storm Begins Falling on Arizona 5 hr Gary 1
Winter storm: What you need to know now 6 hr Francesco Sinibaldi 1
Wet, windy storm heading to Southern California (Jan '07) 16 hr grafting 2
Pacific storm blast pushes rain into Arizona 16 hr Phoenix 1
Utahns stranded in hotel destroyed by Hurricane... 16 hr Phoenix 1
•••

Weather People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••