A tale of the chase: the Hattiesburg tornado

There are 3 comments on the Feb 13, 2013, Mississippi Business Journal story titled A tale of the chase: the Hattiesburg tornado. In it, Mississippi Business Journal reports that:

Almost a half-million people have clicked on the 5 and-a-half-minute YouTube video of a stormchaser racing down Hardy Street , only to be cutoff by an EF4 tornado as it plows into the south side of the University of Southern Mississippi campus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mississippi Business Journal.

lack of notice maybe why

Toronto, Canada

#1 Feb 15, 2013
chris

Pearl, MS

#2 Feb 15, 2013
The NWS out of Jackson recently updated their systems to allowe notice of tornados soon as debree flys giving people advanced notice. One of the videos from inside hattiesburg shows two funnel clouds at brief moment. The stormchasers came close to running into the storm itself. My sisters mother-in-law lives about one-half mile southeast of Oak Grove school. The mayors home was damaged. Last friday the Institutions of Higher Learner in the state hired the first Afri an American Dr. Bennett from Georgia to lead USM. A first in Mississippi and they gave Dr. Bounds authority to sign contracts on Wednesday to rebuild the University. Dr Bennett has hit the ground running.
TGIF

Toronto, Canada

#3 Feb 21, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Early morning thunderstorm slams San Antonio area 37 min Thomas 0 Caldwell 5
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 2 hr Holotta Wytrache 641
News Putin threatens nuclear war: Russian leader wil... 3 hr George 14
News Is the Drought Triggering Earthquakes? 5 hr Local 2
News A look at California's drought 13 hr the Fear tator 8
News Startup Sault: We're knee-deep in new businesses 17 hr chiefs-of-ontario 1
News HMS Prince of Wales Bridge Sets Sail Sat James 1
More from around the web