Photos: Grave sites sinking in Carlsbad

Photos: Grave sites sinking in Carlsbad

There are 27 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Jul 18, 2013, titled Photos: Grave sites sinking in Carlsbad. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Two days of heavy rain in Carlsbad, New Mexico, caused roughly a dozen grave sites in a newer section of the Carlsbad Cemetery to begin sinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 18, 2013
Really CurrentArgus? You had to post Kevin and Kyle's graves when no need. How disheartening of you without regards to Christie and Gary who still have fresh wounds and pain that is unimaginable of their babies being killed 6 months, one week and one day ago. And let's not forget the others who have their loved ones graves showing as well. You state you cant fix the problem right away, well, how hard is it to go get dirt from the piles behind the house on the cemetery to fill in the gaps? At least if you are going to show what the rain has done then at least FIX it and NOT stress the families out and cause more stress.
You really pissed off my loved one, their mother.

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Jul 19, 2013
Michelewith1l wrote:
Really CurrentArgus? You had to post Kevin and Kyle's graves when no need. How disheartening of you without regards to Christie and Gary who still have fresh wounds and pain that is unimaginable of their babies being killed 6 months, one week and one day ago. And let's not forget the others who have their loved ones graves showing as well. You state you cant fix the problem right away, well, how hard is it to go get dirt from the piles behind the house on the cemetery to fill in the gaps? At least if you are going to show what the rain has done then at least FIX it and NOT stress the families out and cause more stress.
You really pissed off my loved one, their mother.
Nothing new Ellvis, I mean Michele. The CA has always been a filthy rag.
Ysoangry

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Jul 19, 2013
The people who refill the graves didn't fill them back up fully.
sir bundy

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Jul 19, 2013
Ysoangry wrote:
The people who refill the graves didn't fill them back up fully.
yer all morons...they cant compact the graves when there filled lest they crush whats in em!!! cant fix em until the surrounding area dries out!!! as for whose grave is in the photo? I could not read the name with a magnifying glass!
You sir are an idiot

Dallas, TX

#5 Jul 19, 2013
Doesn't matter, that nosey, craptastic mother of four neglected kids will still open her d1ck guzzling hole to comment on anything and everything to make herself feel important.
Please

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Jul 19, 2013
This happens after the rain as the dirt settles. I know it is hard to look at from personal experience,but better to know in advance then to go to the graveyard and discover it yourself. It will be filled in when everything is done settling and the dirt has dried. By the way this happens everywhere and is not a result of mistakes on anyone's part. For the boys mother your sons are not in the ground just the shell of their bodies I imagine they are laughing about going mudding together whereever they are at.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 19, 2013
sir bundy wrote:
<quoted text>yer all morons...they cant compact the graves when there filled lest they crush whats in em!!! cant fix em until the surrounding area dries out!!! as for whose grave is in the photo? I could not read the name with a magnifying glass!
It really doesn't matter if you can read them or not, it is the family who knows what is there just like with Kevin and Kylie's mom. I knew it was their graves. She was very upset. Those are her babies and the current artist already put a picture of their bodies still in the vehicle and more before they were removed. It is sad you lack empathy and sympathy but then again it isn't anything new. You don't talk with the mother either, I do. And I would not have said anything if she was not very upset. Those are her babies, not yours. Obviously you never had a child or TWO that died in a very tragic way.

Location hidden

#8 Jul 19, 2013
You sir are an idiot wrote:
Doesn't matter, that nosey, craptastic mother of four neglected kids will still open her d1ck guzzling hole to comment on anything and everything to make herself feel important.
Oh really? My kids are not neglected and I do not sleep around at all. You may be a dick hoarder, but I'm not. Too bad someone doesn't take your worthless ass out of this life. That's probably why you don't give your name.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 19, 2013
Please wrote:
This happens after the rain as the dirt settles. I know it is hard to look at from personal experience,but better to know in advance then to go to the graveyard and discover it yourself. It will be filled in when everything is done settling and the dirt has dried. By the way this happens everywhere and is not a result of mistakes on anyone's part. For the boys mother your sons are not in the ground just the shell of their bodies I imagine they are laughing about going mudding together whereever they are at.
Honestly, she is worried like a mom about her babies bodies. She said they went through enough and yes, she is pissed because they did out her kids graves up without her permission and. It fixed. She is still living in hell and ways will. She is a great mom who loves her babies no matter what. If you didn't notice they put their picture up twice. She lives out of state. Thanks for the comment about them, true!
Ysoangry

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Jul 20, 2013
sir bundy wrote:
<quoted text>yer all morons...they cant compact the graves when there filled lest they crush whats in em!!! cant fix em until the surrounding area dries out!!! as for whose grave is in the photo? I could not read the name with a magnifying glass!
You must never have filled back in a hole. These folks are in a solid object (a coffin). Refilling it correctly and compaction is a must so this does'nt happens everytime. Notice all the other graves didn't sink. It's because they did fill it correctly. Period.
Morbid Michele

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jul 20, 2013
Once again Michele lets her black morbid side leak out. How many personalities do you have?
Its obvious you get off talking about dead bodies. You are just as bad as the Current argus coming on here talking about your "friend's" sons' bodies being photographed, exhumed, and their sunken graves. You could have come on here once and posted that the picture offended and upset the families of these men or better yet get your whiny voice on the phone and call the CA, but NO you had to come on here and let those words flow off your pudgy little fingers, exciting your demented mind.
I find that you have disgraced this family by airing something that if they felt important to air on this forum would have done themselves. Are you a representative of this family or just one nosey woman who can't help herself?
sir bundy

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Jul 20, 2013
Ysoangry wrote:
<quoted text>
You must never have filled back in a hole. These folks are in a solid object (a coffin). Refilling it correctly and compaction is a must so this does'nt happens everytime. Notice all the other graves didn't sink. It's because they did fill it correctly. Period.
thats b.s., in order to compact a grave ya have to use a tamper and start on the sides of the box...the hole aint wide enough! but if ya ever backfilled a pipeline you would know that. the next time ya see a wacky tamper in the graveyard let us know.
Morbid Michele

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jul 20, 2013
Oh and my add not very trustworthy? If this mother did not ask you to post this for her, then it is you who "fishes" for information to bring on to these forums. It is you who has broken trust and used this poor woman as a vehicle for your sick posts. I wonder if people realize you are not really a friend, but just a busybody with no life?

Sicko

Location hidden

#14 Jul 20, 2013
Morbid Michele wrote:
Once again Michele lets her black morbid side leak out. How many personalities do you have?
Its obvious you get off talking about dead bodies. You are just as bad as the Current argus coming on here talking about your "friend's" sons' bodies being photographed, exhumed, and their sunken graves. You could have come on here once and posted that the picture offended and upset the families of these men or better yet get your whiny voice on the phone and call the CA, but NO you had to come on here and let those words flow off your pudgy little fingers, exciting your demented mind.
I find that you have disgraced this family by airing something that if they felt important to air on this forum would have done themselves. Are you a representative of this family or just one nosey woman who can't help herself?
what you feel doesnt matter. their mom said thanks. btw my fingers are skinny. obviously you dont know me with what you wrote. thanks for the laugh and you made yourself look like a moron.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 20, 2013
Morbid Michele wrote:
Oh and my add not very trustworthy? If this mother did not ask you to post this for her, then it is you who "fishes" for information to bring on to these forums. It is you who has broken trust and used this poor woman as a vehicle for your sick posts. I wonder if people realize you are not really a friend, but just a busybody with no life?
Sicko
again, you are grasping at straws and it isnt working out for you, is it? lol!!
mike

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Jul 20, 2013
Please wrote:
if it rained more often in Carlsbad you would notice it more
S P Blue

Longview, TX

#17 Jul 20, 2013
Ysoangry wrote:
<quoted text>
You better educate yourself Grave settling is a normal occrance and take months to stop sinking. Take off the blinders and you will notice that the soil has yet to grow little if any grass End or discussion.
Jeeter

Carlsbad, NM

#18 Jul 20, 2013
Yep, they should change the name of this town to
Tobacco Road! "Oh, I was born in a dump My mama died, daddy got drunk He left me here to die or grow In the middle of Tobacco Road..."

Just let my grave sink all over my dead a$$!!

Don't care! Don't care one bit!

Hey, but the "Directors" get a $12,000 pay raise
for what a good job they are doing!!!

The real dead a$$holes in this town are the mayor
and city council!!!
MicheleWithNoSma rts

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Jul 21, 2013
Are you really getting worked up about this? They're dead! It's just dirt!

Location hidden

#20 Jul 21, 2013
MicheleWithNoSmarts wrote:
Are you really getting worked up about this? They're dead! It's just dirt!
What? I wrote what I wrote. The mom to the boys was pissed. The CA already published a picture of them still in the truck. I do not blame her and it really was not right for them to do that. You talk about me being morbid. I would NEVER publish someone's loved one deceased from a wreck with their blood on the ground. The caretakers of the cemetery should have put extra dirt on the tops of the new graves.

It does not surprise me that you do not have sympathy and empathy for those who lost a loved one and do not understand the loss of a child, much less two children. You do not know the HELL the mother lives in. You do not know all of the facts to the case either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas city offers Hurricane Harvey relief only ... 12 hr who defines lies eh 1
News What 'bad' year? Facebook's Stock up 50% 12 hr who defines lies eh 1
News Trump: Puerto Rico was a 'disaster' before hurr... 12 hr youll shoot your ... 74
News Many Trump voters who got hurricane relief in T... 13 hr Fart Salad 4
News Donald Trump blames hurricane-hit Puerto Rico f... 16 hr Concerned 32
News 'Breaking Bad' actors hosting fundraiser for Pu... 18 hr Flynn aka Walter Jr 2
News Rochester City School District brings in new st... Fri dick 1
More from around the web