Winter Making A Return To Tri-State Area With Snow, Record Cold Possible

Apr 15, 2014 Full story: CBS Local 16

The week began with downright summerlike temperatures, but the grip of winter slipped back onto the Tri-State Area late Tuesday.

Full Story
BPT

Hamden, CT

#1 Apr 16, 2014
clearing my windshield this morning was more difficult than any morning this winter. thick ice.
alzanape

New Milford, CT

#2 Apr 16, 2014
At least it keeps the stink down at Kennedy Park.
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#5 Apr 16, 2014
We already put our outdoor plants which are in huge ceramic pots out on the deck , orange trees ,limes palms, hibiscus and others.My husband is away so even though we were not having snow we have a freeze warning.Thank goodness our neighbor came to the rescue and got them back in the sunroon for me. I could have never done this even with a dolly Crazy weather all over! 80 one week and a freeze the next.Next week it will be back to warm weather :)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Apr 16, 2014
Ava
We do not care about your and your husband worthless and hopeless life in South Carolina.. Go away Please.
Tippy

Wallingford, CT

#7 Apr 16, 2014
Ava
We do care about your and your husband. God bless.
Judy

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Apr 16, 2014
More proof of Global Warming!!

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#9 Apr 17, 2014
Judy wrote:
More proof of Global Warming!!
God I hope you're kidding.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Apr 17, 2014
AVA-AVA-AVA wrote:
We already put our outdoor plants which are in huge ceramic pots out on the deck , orange trees ,limes palms, hibiscus and others.My husband is away so even though we were not having snow we have a freeze warning.Thank goodness our neighbor came to the rescue and got them back in the sunroon for me. I could have never done this even with a dolly Crazy weather all over! 80 one week and a freeze the next.Next week it will be back to warm weather :)
Am I wrong, or has the temperature done that all winter in SC?(go from florida-like temps to new england-like temps)

We are only 3 weeks away from putting plants outside up here. May 4th is roughly the last day of possible frost.
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#11 Apr 17, 2014
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I wrong, or has the temperature done that all winter in SC?(go from florida-like temps to new england-like temps)
We are only 3 weeks away from putting plants outside up here. May 4th is roughly the last day of possible frost.
YOU wrong? NEVER LOL . We have had some strange weather this year. When I lived in the North an old friend of my Mom and Dad said never plant till Memorial Day . The only thing I have planted right now is all kinds of gourmet
lettuce and cukes I have bought 4 different kinds of tomatoes , some Japanese eggplants and pepper plants the sweet kind and some sweet onions but I have not planted them yet. What are you planting?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#12 Apr 17, 2014
Ava.. Read #6 and go away.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#13 Apr 17, 2014
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Ava
We do not care about your and your husband worthless and hopeless life in South Carolina.. Go away Please.
Citizen cares about the weather in South Carolina, where AVA lives. lol. hahahahahaha. Pleeeeze.

Location hidden

#14 Apr 17, 2014
"AVA", please tell us again how Citizen called you in South Carolina so we can put this issue to rest. LOL

Location hidden

#15 Apr 17, 2014
Is the static in your phone line fixed since the last time Citizen called? LOL

Location hidden

#16 Apr 17, 2014
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, you are exactly correct. The weather here in South Carolina has varied between hot and cold. hahahahaha. Thank goodness you are here to validate "AVA"!
Judy

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Apr 17, 2014
MORE proof of Global Warming..

Minnesota got 2 feet of snow..
BPT

New York, NY

#18 Apr 17, 2014
Jackelope wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no, you are exactly correct. The weather here in South Carolina has varied between hot and cold. hahahahaha. Thank goodness you are here to validate "AVA"!
Well played!
The man has been looking for love on this Internet site for years.
Respond to their stupid off-topic posts using racial epithets - it drives them even crazier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Storm drops more than four inches of snow in Be... 35 min more taxes 17
Kimberly to purchase turnout gear for firefight... 4 hr Amber Johnson 1
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 12 hr pit 1,051
Russian ruble extends losses 19 hr anonymous 57
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 19 hr Bobster II 494
Palestinians to submit draft for UN vote 21 hr goldstone report 2
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Wed Fyi 18
More from around the web