No fireworks in Dalton

No fireworks in Dalton

There are 12 comments on the Dalton Daily Citizen story from Jul 4, 2013, titled No fireworks in Dalton. In it, Dalton Daily Citizen reports that:

The Independence Day festivities scheduled for Heritage Point Park for today have been canceled because of the threat of extreme weather.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dalton Daily Citizen.

flush rush

Athens, GA

#1 Jul 4, 2013
It's global warming. You'd better get used to it. Pretty soon, you'll have to tour New York City in a boat. It's going to be an interesting life for the next generation...
hey dummy

Dalton, GA

#2 Jul 4, 2013
flush rush wrote:
It's global warming. You'd better get used to it. Pretty soon, you'll have to tour New York City in a boat. It's going to be an interesting life for the next generation...
Really?? Just because it happened to rain on the 4th of July? Oh the horror!
Goon

Ringgold, GA

#3 Jul 4, 2013
They traded them for meth.
lil_tejanagirl

Dalton, GA

#4 Jul 4, 2013
this sucks

“Just here”

Since: Nov 07

USA

#5 Jul 4, 2013
Well, even though I still want to go, I know it is only going to be a repeat of last year and the year before that and so on and so on!!
Hi Genius

Athens, GA

#6 Jul 4, 2013
hey dummy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? Just because it happened to rain on the 4th of July? Oh the horror!
I see that you're one of those geniuses who sides with the three out of a hundred pseudo scientists, that the oil and coal companies sponsor, because you're either to lazy or incapable of critical thinking. Stupidity is not new - it took centuries for the densest members of society to accept that the earth isn't flat, or that the sun doesn't revolve around it. People believing Rush Limbaughish, no nothing blabbermouths, isn't new either...
Not Really

Dalton, GA

#7 Jul 5, 2013
It didn't rain on my daughter's birthday. We had a great picnic with our family and her friends. It was a beautiful spring day. I thank global warming for that.
Really

Duluth, GA

#8 Jul 5, 2013
Not Really wrote:
It didn't rain on my daughter's birthday. We had a great picnic with our family and her friends. It was a beautiful spring day. I thank global warming for that.
Ignorance is bliss...
Not Really

Dalton, GA

#9 Jul 5, 2013
So is a warm, sunny spring day.
Really

Chickamauga, GA

#10 Jul 5, 2013
Not Really wrote:
So is a warm, sunny spring day.
What about an EF 5 tornado or Category 5 hurricane?
moran carpet workers

Ringgold, GA

#11 Jul 7, 2013
Um it's not global warming its called pole shift,
Fact

Dalton, GA

#12 Jul 25, 2013
People don't realize that fireworks are very expensive, the county would be better off, if they didn't have them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One year anniversary of Gatlinburg wildfires br... 3 hr figgypops 5
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 9 hr Flyerzzzzz 940
News Rep. Buck Wants To STOP Settlement Of Sexual Mi... Wed surfeagle 1
News Wood fire advisory issued Tuesday for fourth ti... Wed Paul Bunyan 1
News 'Alaskan Bush People' are 'On the Prowl' on Dis... (Feb '15) Wed JKH 72
News Cookeville Regional feeling effects of Hurrican... Tue Maggie 1
News Wet snow creates power woes; some without elect... Tue Coal Country Save 1
More from around the web