Charleston bar and restaurant owners ...

Charleston bar and restaurant owners hope for hurricane parties, not an empty town

There are 2 comments on the Post and Courier story from Sep 11, 2018, titled Charleston bar and restaurant owners hope for hurricane parties, not an empty town. In it, Post and Courier reports that:

When Hurricane Hugo whipped through the Lowcountry in 1989, chef Jonathan Kaldas of Uptown Social was 6 years old and slept through the whole thing. He woke up to a neighborhood pulling together to rebuild fences, share fresh water and cook food before it spoiled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post and Courier.

ThomasA

Guntersville, AL

#2 Sep 11, 2018
People ignored warnings back in 1969 when Camille hit the Gulf Coast, they stayed put and had hurricane parties and stayed to ride out the storm and as a result, 259 people that stayed behind lost their lives with just a 24 ft surge. Sure, there will be those that thumb their noses at hurricanes BUT why take the chance when the weather service has much more information than in 1969.
DEBT CRISIS

Sarasota, FL

#3 Sep 18, 2018
US Infrastructure is collapsing because the izzreeli lobby siphons our blood and treasure to the zio- racist cult of apartheid kosher nostra kibbutz commies..........SPECHLER v. TOBIN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 16 hr Lonnie 456
News Inside The Herald - If a community is only wort... (Jan '08) Fri Next Baloney 70
News The Latest: Storm cancels Polar Express train i... Wed EarthQuake 2 eh 1
News Milton's indoor turf field dome expected to ope... Wed Slots cash helps ... 1
News Colorado River drought plan: Gov. Doug Ducey te... Wed Solarman 1
News Snowstorm coming, but W.Va. will only get a gla... Dec 12 meat for joe 5
News Witnesses Say Fatal PA Blaze Burned Quick Dec 11 weapon X 3