More Than 100 Await Rescue In New Ber...

More Than 100 Await Rescue In New Bern, N.C.

There are 2 comments on the New Hampshire Public Radio - story from Sep 14, 2018, titled More Than 100 Await Rescue In New Bern, N.C.. In it, New Hampshire Public Radio - reports that:

Michael Nelson floats in a boat made from a metal tub and fishing floats after the Neuse River went over its banks and started to flood his street in New Bern, N.C. Thursday. More than 100 people are waiting to be rescued from homes and vehicles in New Bern, N.C., after Hurricane Florence brought severe flooding to the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Hampshire Public Radio -.

RedSoxFan-inGeor gia

United States

#2 Sep 14, 2018
Sally wrote:
These people were told !!!! WARNED and still put first responders at risk. I would let the dumb asses figure it out themselves!!!!! Why should hard working good people stand up for idiots!
Those dim-wits are darn lucky the winds hadn‘t reached 50 mph yet. Gov Cooper made it crystal clear that no first reponders would be sent out under those conditions.
RedSoxFan-inGeor gia

United States

#3 Tuesday Sep 18
Sally wrote:
These people were told !!!! WARNED and still put first responders at risk. I would let the dumb asses figure it out themselves!!!!! Why should hard working good people stand up for idiots!
People were ordered to evacuate most of the SC and all of the NC coast and, because a Wilmington man disobeyed the order, his wife and child were killed by a tree falling on their house and he was badly injured.
Also, both governors repeatedly told people not to drive on flooded roads and not to drive around baricades, so this dumb woman drives around a barricade and her 1-year-old is swept away and drowned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 4 hr weapon X 330
News Trump praises Florida gov's 'incredible' hurric... Wed Rubber Ball 8
News Hurricane Michael: Fate of costly stealth fight... Wed Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Downpour floods White Rock Creek, swells Trinit... Wed Trinitard 4
News Hurricane Michael nearing Category 4 strength Wed Anonymous 25
News Thousands of legal immigrants face daunting dec... Tue Billoryfartmuch 19
News After Michael's rampage on Florida Panhandle: '... Tue Clarke 3