West Orange Information and Updates, Saturday, November 3, 2012

Nov 3, 2012 Full story: The Alternative Press 16

The situation for West Orange residents without power is improving. With the ongoing efforts of PSEG and crews from around the country, power has been restored to about 70% of the township.

Full Story
Jmd

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Nov 3, 2012
No way it is 70%
clarken drive continues without any power as well as west orange high
The worst part is no one gives you correct information why how and when restoration will occur
Aspen Road

Bronx, NY

#2 Nov 3, 2012
Jmd wrote:
No way it is 70%
clarken drive continues without any power as well as west orange high
The worst part is no one gives you correct information why how and when restoration will occur
I agree! NO chance it's 70%. Aspen, Hickory, and Beech Rd in WO near the Livingston border NO power and forgotten about as usual! This town is a god damn joke.
Adam

Somerville, MA

#3 Nov 3, 2012
I've tried calling PSE&G six times and cannot get through. No information, no communication. That 70 percent numbers sounds dubious to me, I know a lot of people still without power.
tmd

New York, NY

#4 Nov 4, 2012
What about the Township of Orange? No mention of their priority on the repair schedule?. Where's the Mayor after days with no utilities. Can he make a statement or comment on behalf of he residents and tax payers with no heat or electricity.
bishounenlover

United States

#5 Nov 4, 2012
I will freeze to death before these people get around to pleasant valley way.
Jmd

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Nov 4, 2012
This town is such a joke
PSEG reports false numbers
Christie says to check the web site for current information that gives you false hope
And then the press publishes stories that power is returned
The high school and surrounding areas and traffic lights are dark for christ sake
With no one providing TRUE information
steve

Newark, NJ

#7 Nov 4, 2012
So much for the pseg restoration schedule. Our home in the st cloud section and family by 280 are still out. We will go on tomorrow just to lose it again during upcoming storm. When I sneeze power goes out and a fart sends down trees. We live in a glass town!
max

Linden, NJ

#8 Nov 4, 2012
Gregory ave is still without power. The guy across the street from me still has a down power line. Pse&g passes looks points and keeps driving. Why do we pay such high taxes if we cant get lights or basic township services. Two blocks down from me has lights. As for orange. I had to take my mom to the shelter her street in orange (hickory street orange) has no lights either. At the shelter i saw two other resedents from hickory as well. Wow

RNE

Since: Nov 12

Whippany, NJ

#9 Nov 4, 2012
Most of Pleasantdale still without power. No power on Stanford Avenue, Lakeview Drive, and surrounds as of 1:30pm on 11/04. We need power at West Orange High to vote!
Ajs

New York, NY

#10 Nov 4, 2012
I feel all your frustrations. My four siblings and mother live in Livingston and each of their respective households have been restored. Maybe it's more like 70 percent of town "without" power.
MSW

Billerica, MA

#11 Nov 4, 2012
We are still without power just south of Gregory Ave (Yale, Harvard etc.) We have children...this is ridiculous. The CVS shopping Center on Valley has power so why don't we???
Thew

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Nov 4, 2012
Walker rd and most of Gregory is out. How is that 70% there has been no aprox. For this area.
What is going on?
Jules

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Nov 4, 2012
This is insane. We still have no power on stanford ave. with the high school and pleasantdale school on the corner we should have been the very first restored. My taxes are sky high yet we're still suffering. What are my taxes paying for???
MSE

Whippany, NJ

#14 Nov 4, 2012
The Pleasantdale section of West Orange seems to have been completely forgotten. Children were within feet of a downed power line on Lakeview Dr. earlier today. I'd worry if I thought there was any chance of power going through those lines any time soon. A group of residents from Lakeview Dr., Stanford Ct. and Stanford Ave. gathered informally on the street to talk and share info. Not surprisingly, no one had seen any sign of PSE&G since the storm. With two of the area's largest schools without power, and dark traffic lights stretching for blocks on Pleasant Valley Way one has to wonder about their priorities.
Fat ass Gov Christie

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Nov 4, 2012
Lies, lies and more lies from the incompetent boobs that run WO and NJ. I betcha Christie is roasting marshmallows and eating turkey legs like Henry VIII. PSE&G can suck my nuts. I've seen this same nonsense with power out forever without any real info. on repairs or restoration 2x in less than 365 days. Never gonna let this bs happen again: whole house generator here I come. The grid can bend over and kiss my freezing dimly lit asscheeks!
Marcus

Livingston, NJ

#16 Nov 5, 2012
Population-wise, it may very well be 70%, as the valley has a high concentration of people and as such, since the power was largely restored there, may have boosted the numbers. But yes, a large section of W.O. (namely the parts that are close to the Roseland border) are still without power, and have been without it for 7 days. This is getting ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proposition 1 could lessen future water shortag... 1 hr Mata Faka 1
One year after concealed carry, Chicago homicid... 1 hr Kentucky-Mitch 7
Dog interrupts weather forecast 13 hr wichita-rick 5
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 20 hr Sloozer 464
5 worst problems faced by Las Vegas Mon creditrepairlasvegas 1
Remains of Hurricane Gonzalo set to hit Britain... Mon hope no deaths 1
Fish Tales - Conditions ripe for snaring kingfish Sun -Persephone- 6

Weather People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE