We're parched

The summer drought lives on, though area reservoirs are filling up again. Could use a little more rain: Mike Robinson, who said he fishes every chance he gets, tried his luck Wednesday in Morse Reservoir, where ... Full Story
Its Hot

United States

#1 Aug 23, 2007
It's Hot.
ELJ

Pryor, OK

#2 Aug 23, 2007
Drought? Where? I still see green lawns all over the place. You want to see a drought go out west. Now *that's a drought. Out there they actually have the "water police" that will fine you if you water on the wrong days, or at all. They teach their kids in school how to conserve water like not running the faucet while brushing teeth, turning off the shower when soaping up, waiting for a full load of laundry, etc.

“Global warming is a myth”

Since: Dec 06

I do not have one.

#3 Aug 23, 2007
I guess it is good I do not live out west.
Indiana Res

United States

#4 Aug 23, 2007
ELJ wrote:
Drought? Where? I still see green lawns all over the place. You want to see a drought go out west. Now *that's a drought. Out there they actually have the "water police" that will fine you if you water on the wrong days, or at all. They teach their kids in school how to conserve water like not running the faucet while brushing teeth, turning off the shower when soaping up, waiting for a full load of laundry, etc.
News flash....we don't live out west for a reason. The water problem there is a more common occurrence. Who cares about their water woes? We have our own due the privatization of the water company and development. We need to add an additional reservoir and delivery capacity or use reclaimed water for watering people’s lawn ect.
Spirit

Naperville, IL

#7 Aug 23, 2007
It seems odd that Veolia is asking customers to use less water. The company makes money on every gallon it sells. Can you imagine any other business saying "please use less of what we produce so we can earn lower profits"? Unless they are expecting a permanent major downward change in water demand in the near future, why do they want to sell less? They seem to be unwilling or unable to invest in infrastructure improvements to meet current and probable future demand.
Take Cover

Mishawaka, IN

#8 Aug 23, 2007
We've had more than enough rain here in da' Bend. There has been some flooding in the area. To make matters worst, we are now under a Thunderstorm Watch. These storms are currently in Illinois and our producing tornadoes near Chicago.
C Brizzi

United States

#10 Aug 23, 2007
If you use water, I will prosecute you.
M Jean Johannigman

Greensburg, IN

#13 Nov 7, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heavy Snowfall To Finish The Weekend 3 hr Devil Kyle Obama ... 14
Ap Photos: Deep freeze in eastern Us, snow in M... 4 hr HIGh ya 2
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 10 hr Bethea 534
Putin threatens to cut gas to Ukraine as showdo... 13 hr Zeppelin 1
Putin may cut off gas to Ukraine 14 hr Zeppelin 1
Gov. Hickenlooper in DC for Israel policy confe... 14 hr kardnal 1
Winter's reach: Southwest gets snow, California... 16 hr paddyoalley 1
More from around the web