Promoted by financial motives

Promoted by political motives

Other (leave a comment)

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#2909 Jun 22, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>I never heard green day, but they have a better attitude about our earth than you do. Comprehension my ass, you vote repug cos yer ole' daddy did. You know NOTHING!
The world got this way in the last 100 year since the autos & planes were invented, so with the technology available, with cooperation from repubs, we could clean this planet in 20 to 30 years. Population control is one answer. You assume that I have a limited vocabulary, well, I do not want to sound pompous, but I can speak Japanese, just say this real fast a few times.... "A KEY TO MY HONDA".... "TIE MY SHOE SHOE MY TIE" "KAWASAKITOYOTAAAAAA ". LOL
To those who think the planet is dying:
Celebrate HAPPY HOUR not EARTH HOUR and realize that this is the best time in history to be alive. If we have such poor access to quality healthcare and its a polluted planet, explain our surging longevity rates please? Your constant chants of SAVE THE PLANET are taken literally now as a laughably transparent death warrant and can’t possibly be sustainable in support for another 24 years and we new greens think environmentalism needs to change course. Anyways, back to “Living in the dark for an hour”, we are celebrating environmentalism itself as we raise a toast to Rachel Carson’s achievements. We celebrate nature, we don’t throw it under the bus like you misguided members of the current environMENTAL movement do. Our street is having bonfires, fireworks and CARBONATED drinks. We will raise a beer to the green doomsdaying “SAVE THE PLANET” fools. If you spent as much time loving nature as you do worrying about it, your efforts for responsible environmentalism would be channeled more effectively. Don’t you all want that? We all want environmental responsibility but not this hysterical Carbon this, CO2 that and “emissions” and “tones of emissions” and on and on. Fear is never a sustainable motivator so let the mistake of the climate change thing die because this lie that CO2 is pollution, in any sense of the word can’t be sustainable for another 24 years with the one’s in control eventually, us voters. This tide is up and needs to back down a notch in reckless hysterics. m
Your God is a fat politician promising to lower the seas with taxes. Are you greens even capable of being embarrassed? Be real rebels and doubt, question and challenge authority, not bow like obedient goose-stepping Greenzis that history is already laughing at and cursing you all for.
Have the maturity to preserve, protect and respect nature, not fight a false enviro WMD war like a bunch of fear mongering neocons. Remember this: it’s voter consensus that counts, not a green lab coat consultant. Funny isn’t that we were so “green” and naive to see that scientists are just as fallible as us, and yes even politicians.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2910 Jun 22, 2010
The climate is a complex system, it's not a simple matter to "Stop, go back!" Now that climate has adapted to man made CO2, we've got to put more into the air, to get the same effect. You've got to run, just to stand still.

Emit carbon dioxide today, sing a song, pray or say something nice to someone. Singing emits more CO2 than sighing.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#2911 Jun 22, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>"MY" loosing? You misspelled "LOSING". I am not losing anything. You have so much wrong with your ideals that I do not care to cover it all, as it would take too long, and even then, you would hang on to your republican beliefs.
The only POINT you have is on the top of your head.
If your not then why results to the insults. Only those who are loosing the argument have to resort to name calling.

Norfolk va

#2912 Jun 22, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>successful war??? hahahahaha, it has never been declared a WAR, and something has to come to an end to declare it SUCCESSFUL. Yes, it was successful for those who got big government contracts. I served in Vietnam, and was wounded badly, my friggin purple heart has done nothing to help me, and I am not proud of any of the medals I got. Bush was not even in the country, and so what if Kerry's wounds were minor, he was in a danger zone and got hit by shrapnel. You sound like that idiot bush. I am not being a smartass when I say I can't think of anything good bush did, but if you name some of them, I will tell you if I agree. I honestly can't think of anything he did except help the rich.
One of the things that Bush did was cheap gas. In some places under a dollar a gallon. That allowed the economy to bloom. After all people could afford other things including those eversized SUV's. That resulted in more jobs.

Also Iraq was legally a war. Bush followed every step necessary to have be a legal war including having congress vote on it. Of course after 9/11 any politician who voted against it would of been acosted so much that they could forget running for reelection.

Norfolk va

#2913 Jun 22, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>They may or may not have an effect on global warming, but I think by destroying the ozone they probably are, and as for bush, I just want to see him and his cronies bite the bullet.
Actually it turned out after further research that the hole in the ozone layer turned out to be natural. You should try updating yourself before commenting. It helps you look more intelligent if your facts are up to date.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#2914 Jun 22, 2010
End CAFE fleet mileage standards, conservation and trying to get by with less. Encourage energy and fuel use and production. Time for a change.

A good change is coming, the argument gets clearer.
The Democratic Party wants climate taxes and I don't.
The Democratic Party wants cap and trade and I don't.
The Democratic Party wants green technology and I don't.
The Democratic Party wants renewable energy and I don't.
The Democratic Party doesn't want fossil fuel and I do.
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

#2920 Jun 22, 2010
Bill wrote:
I don't know what "results to the insults" means. But I do know that you think by "winning" an arguement
It should read,'resorts' to the insults.
Argument.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#2921 Jun 22, 2010
Gas can be cheap, oil is liquid garbage, case in point, Gulf of Mexico.

Norfolk va

#2922 Jun 22, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>I just think you are stupid, and I hate stupidity. I don't know what "results to the insults" means. But I do know that you think by "winning" an arguement on here will make you feel like you are right, when in reality, it changes nothing. I am not trying to win, I am just giving my opinion. I would have the same opinion if I was the only person on earth who believed like I do. You want to be on a winning team, so you join the majority, even if the majority is wrong.
Of course you want to believe I am stupid. Because if not then you would have to change what you believe, to admit yuour opinion is wrong. For you it is all about feeling like your the superior one. That your the one that is right.

As for who is on the winning team it isn't about winning. It is about challenging who I am and what I know and expanding both. About growing and changing. When it seemed like the majority believed in AGW I still didn't. When Topix was stocked with those who believe like you do I still challenged them.

But what this comes down to is making the world over in your image. Making yours the only opinion counts. To feel like your the superior being.

Norfolk va

#2923 Jun 22, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>If you think you look intelligent, look in the mirror. Whether there's a hole or not, we are destroying our earth in many ways. I say this as they try to find a way to stop the worst disaster the world has ever seen, and repubs try to blame the dems for that oil spill. One drop of oil in a small pond will cover the entire surface. The ocean is big, but we are not talking about drops here. We are talking about a gushing well pumping millions of galons a day. I suppose you think that is not bad for our environment.
I need not look in a mirror to know who I am. Nor do I need to crow about I scored on some old test either.

As for your proof that we are destroying the earth, where is the prrof. So far everything people like you have ponied up has been soundly proven to be nothing of the sort. As for the worst disaster the world has ever seen. It has seen far worse from mega volcanos. to rather large items from outer space rearragning the landscape and forming several large bodies of water like the Hudson Bay or the one that has been blamed for taking out the dinosuars.

Nor does your bit about one drop of oil being able to cover an entire pond. Maybe a small mud puddle. But that isn't what you were really aming for now was it. You wanted that dramatic flare that is suppose to get everyone all spun up and wanting to go out to thier local BP station and burn it to the ground.

Also the democrats were in charge when it happen so why not blame them. The democrats hold the majority in both the House and the Senate, not to mention the White House. I sure you had no problem blaming the Republicans and Bush for Katrinia so why not hold Obama and the Democrats to the same standard.

Norfolk va

#2924 Jun 22, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>It still has not been declared a war,...
Gas for a dollar a gallon,... hahaha, yes, in Iraq, but it was 6 dollars a gallon here in Tennessee. You sound like the typical repubs who drive diesel pusher motorhomes, and hate the fact that middle class people have something nice. The only difference between an suv and a pickup truck is the extended roof all the way back to cover the bed area. The cab part would be there even on a truck, and the only extra thing is a not so heavy extended roof area and an extra seat. Nobody ever mentioned the rich people traveling all over in those big ass motorhomes. You focus the blame where you want it.
Back in 2005 there were parts of the US where gas was under a dollar a gallon. Now that it was more expensive in good old Tennesse would not surprise me. After all that is pretty much a democrat state and they have a tendacy to have money problems and higher taxes on everything.

As far as hating the middle class. I leave that to you. Then again I am part of that middle class. And I don't hate myself.

It is funny how you hate those big old motor himes since it is usally retired middle class driving them. Normally they have put the kids through school and downsize from that several bedroom house to one on wheels so they can take a little time out to see the rest of the country. They buy those things so that they can save on hotels and air fare.

But be that as it may. Is your changing the subject to motor homes that can actually go places unlike the one that you have up on blocks is that your wanted to forget about the fact that congress voted on that war and voted yes. Completely in line with the consititution? That a formal declaration of war was delivered to Saddam? Every international legal and US legal I was dotted and T crossed just so. In other words every formality for declaring war both US and world was followed and a war took place.

If not then tell the rest of us what it takes to declare war.
dats all good

Rayne, LA

#2927 Jun 22, 2010
butt, dont take my m t v
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

#2930 Jun 23, 2010
Well done, Bill, not only are you jealous of wealth, but a complete racists a well.
Probably not too religious either when dressed in your pretty white outfit with the pointy hat.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#2934 Jun 23, 2010
Is is logical to follow the lead lemming off the cliff, after you ask, "Why?"
BreakinFree

Owasso, OK

#2937 Jun 25, 2010
Cyclic

“It's winter again.”

Since: May 07

Anywhere I hang my hat.

#2938 Jul 1, 2010
Brian_G wrote:
Is is logical to follow the lead lemming off the cliff, after you ask, "Why?"
No Brian. Logically, after asking "why" and not reviving a reasonable answer one would not follow the lead lemming off the cliff. That would seem obvious. Did you have a point?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#2939 Jul 1, 2010
There still are no experimental tests showing climate change mitigation might work, or be worth the effort.

That counts as bad science.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

Nuneaton

#2940 Jul 2, 2010
Earthling wrote:
The latest cyclical change appears to be taking a little longer than usual.
If it doesn't arrive soon, I may convert back to the church of warmism, luckily I didn't burn my cult membership card.
Panic ye not.

The solar cycle behaves rather like an RV Tauri or SRB/RV variable but being a yellow dwarf cycling at deep levels it is rather slower than the surface pulsators whith the big visible variations.

The supermin will take a while to recover from as the sun was smaller than previously, and will spend some time recovering to a normal minimum level before returning to a max.
Being RV tauri type the nex maximum will be double and separated by 3 to 4 years between peaks with a fair amount of time spent in the max and the saddle.

The recovery on Earth heat wise will be rapid as the cooling affected shallow seas and polar snowpack and mountain glaciers & Permafrost which will heat up quite quickly.

Have a nice day: Ag
Bob Henry Baber

Glenville, WV

#2941 Jul 7, 2010
How can one discount the number of people living on the plant and the energy we are "consuming" that ends up in our environment? Here in Appalachia we are stripping vast chunks of the mountains for coal with very little reclamation. On my farm, at nearly 4,000 feet elevation, ticks have appeared for the first time, ever. Yes, it snowed like never before this year, but the temperatures were relatively warm. The winters of -2-, even -30 seem to be a thing of the past.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#2942 Jul 7, 2010
BHB writes:

"How can one discount the number of people living on the plant and the energy we are "consuming" that ends up in our environment?"

The answer is simple, don't let coincidence and guilt make you believe things that aren't true. The way catastrophists see it, each exhaled breath and gram of waste adds up as environmental burden, but it's obvious to anyone who'd ever owned a compost heap, waste can be good. Nature has a way of cleaning things up over time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allentown plans solution for flood-prone West End 4 hr silly rabbit 5
My prayer to God: 'please heal my little daughter' (Jul '11) 5 hr Sam 6
Christie Shouldn't Bother Apologizing 10 hr Steve Bondell 1
Storm damage hurt business, attorney says (Jul '13) Thu Michael2327 5
What Ebola response says about Chris Christie Thu WeTheSheeple 14
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Thu clemson 465
Home sales climb 2% in October (Nov '12) Wed Mekano 21

Weather People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE