Detroit Emergency Mgr staff intention...

Detroit Emergency Mgr staff intentionally cut power during heat wave, stranding people in elevators

There are 3 comments on the Daily Kos story from Sep 16, 2013, titled Detroit Emergency Mgr staff intentionally cut power during heat wave, stranding people in elevators. In it, Daily Kos reports that:

Last week on Wednesday, September 12th, during a 90+ degree heat wave and just two days after an escaped prisoner terrorized the city, Detroit Chief Compliance Officer Gary Brown intentionally and without notice cut power to major buildings in downtown Detroit to avoid cascading blackouts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

kev

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 16, 2013
Over three times his former salary. Good use of tax dollars in a rapidly declining revenue city. Good decision makers. I bet others cities and counties yearn for this areas local government and county upper echelon talent. How will this be looked on in history?
Bensleys reality

Nashua, NH

#2 Sep 16, 2013
ahhhh rebuilding Detroit with the finest minds in the area. real seven level thinking by this keen mind.

They propose rebuilding the city with these leaders?

Come on man this is lame even by Detroit very low standards.

Save the money just pave the city over use it as a parking lot staging area for illegal immigrants swimming into the former city of Detroit to apply for food stamps.
Bob the Builder

Washington, VA

#3 Sep 16, 2013
Paving the city over using the simple driveway spec at $2.30/ft. would cost $8.9B. That's less than I expected and possibly less than will be spent in the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kevin's Weather Blog (Jan '08) 10 hr Lookyloo 6
News Bill Clinton visits Puerto Rico, distributes re... 18 hr Solarman 1
News Canadians told to brace for a 'classic' Canadia... Mon costs 2 1
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Sat SlimShady 934
News Despite Health Risks and Exploitation, Undocume... Nov 18 freebird 3
News When did it last rain in Phoenix? 85 days ago a... Nov 18 Whiny1 1
News White House plans to seek another $45 billion i... Nov 17 VP Mullah Elect P... 1
More from around the web