Should men wear pantyhose for warmth?...

Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not much of stretch

There are 223 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 29, 2009, titled Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not much of stretch. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Question: First of all: I am not a cross-dresser. I would just like to know if there is any such thing as pantyhose for men.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Hans Delbruck i B

Since: Aug 10

Jacksonville, FL

#123 Feb 20, 2012
Iceman wrote:
Hey Mans Man, give it up already. It's only a piece of clothing. One that has been marketed to women for so long that it's been ingrained in us that it's taboo for men to wear them. Truth is, it's just a piece of fabric and yes they can add extra warmth for cold days. UnderArmor now markets tights and puts a masculine spin on them betting that most men feel the way you do and will pay the extra $30 per pair not to feel like a sissy. Truth be told, It's all in how secure you are in your masculinity. If you're totally secure then all the hype doesn't matter. If not, then you lash out at people to make yourself feel more manly. But, most of us oil workers here in Alaska wear them, AND tights, just to keep our manhood from freezing solid, and Roughnecks are not the kind of people you want to be calling sissys. So come on up and we'll have a little chit chat about it. Just make sure all of your affairs are in order before you do.
Iceman brings home the bacon, and fries it up in a pan...

Hans Delbruck i B

Since: Aug 10

Jacksonville, FL

#124 Feb 20, 2012
steve wrote:
I wear pantyhose at wk to keep legs warm, I also shave legs to get a more comfortable fit and feel to my legs
What perfume do you wear?

Charleston, WV

#125 Feb 23, 2012
I was advised, while in the Marines, to wear pantyhose in swampy areas where leaches were a problem. They worked very well for something they were not intended. Now I just wear them because I like the way the feel!
May surprise you

Brownsville, KY

#126 Mar 8, 2012
Hans Delbruck i B wrote:
<quoted text>
What perfume do you wear?
I'm 47, straight, and have a family...and yes, I wear pantyhose occasionally. They feel good and look good if you're brave enough to wear them under shorts. They only look good on male or female legs if the legs are toned. I've worn them openly under shorts several times.

What does your question have to do with men wearing pantyhose?

Faridabad, India

#128 Mar 13, 2012
I am a boy and i every day wear skirts ,stockings, panties,leggings,girls tops etc. I am a boy and I like cross dressing .

Saint Paul, MN

#129 Mar 15, 2012
Im a 50 year old guy that wears pantyhose all the time. Ive worn them for years. They feel great even to sleep in! My girlfriend thinks they're sexy.
Perfect under jeans at work for support and on the motorcycle for extra warmth. Buy the ones with Lycra that are shiny or smooth so they glide easily under your pants.
I love to wear two pairs at a time for more compression while at work on my feet all day. They're are also great for lounging around the house, just have a pair of pants nearby in case someone shows up at your door if your worried about it.

#130 Mar 15, 2012
Tights/pantyhose and leggings are unisex for men and women to wear, it not gay or anything and think about your own health include legs need energy to aviod from weak,cramps,blood clots and keep warm that important. i would say both men and women are equal as crossdressing, im wear black tights with denim shorts that look nice also short skirts as well for keep cool when it hot weather plus nice warm leggings as well that ok to wear as it your business to buy and wear never mind people staring or anything as it not thier business to tell you what to wear. wear it and go out in public and feel relax walking :-)

#131 Mar 15, 2012
May surprise you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 47, straight, and have a family...and yes, I wear pantyhose occasionally. They feel good and look good if you're brave enough to wear them under shorts. They only look good on male or female legs if the legs are toned. I've worn them openly under shorts several times.
What does your question have to do with men wearing pantyhose?
yes it still unisex as online store selling men much more than women, good for yoy to wear shorts same as myself, it feel so good and yes it good look on men legs as well :-)

Canterbury, UK

#132 Apr 9, 2012
I often wear opaque tights and sometimes to work under my trousers, even sleep in them ocassionally. I work with women, i am not sure if they know or if there is any way to tell. I just feel comfortable wearing them, i love the soft feeling they have. I am 100% straight and in no way a crossdresser although i do get a little turned on. I like seeing women wearing tights or leggings. I also have support tights as well and i have noticed my legs being less tired after being on my feet all day. I work in the healthcare sector and i know some people have to wear to wear stockings/tights to help with circulation, etc. With the opaque tights, they are good in the winter as they keep you warm which helps when you don't use the car.

Birmingham, UK

#133 Apr 16, 2012
i also feel great wearing ladies pantyhose because they so smooth and so silky

Birmingham, UK

#134 Apr 16, 2012
i feel so good i about to put on pantyhose and walk outside so everybody see me wearing them

Tustin, CA

#136 Sep 5, 2012
Lindsay wrote:
My boyfriend wears smooth Pantyhose for me, and of course I wear silky ones for him - yes they help with circulation and thrombosis and warmth and the fit of your outer clothes and exercise, but we wear them for the sexy texture. Feeling eachother through them and against eachother is ultra erotic. The biggest piece of advice I can give on this topic is to try many different pairs. 9 times out of 10 the higher quality pairs will feel and fit best.
As for the 1 (or 2)'guys' that think it's actually 'gay'(?) or ...whatever - they are obviously not too intelligent. MEN have worn Pantyhose/Tights for approx. 1 Thousand years.
Women have worn them for approx 70 years. And if you are so afraid of something that is silky & sexy (and simply nothing but a man made material) then you obviously have security issues on yourself.'Mans Man' was correct in choosing his screen name. Women wouldn't be into him. "Watch the 'man show'" "man-up"? This 'guy'(not a 'Man') will buy anything *they* tell him. We know who he voted for!
My girlfriend got me to wear sheer pantihose for her also. She finds it sexy! It started out one night just to see how it would feel with our silky legs and privates rubbing together throuth the hose. We both loved the feell and I loved just the feel of the hose on. Next day she had bought me a dozen pair and also shaved my legs for me! We had a great time in bed that night and did not sleep much! I now wear pantihose under my trousers most days. It is amazing how much more confortable trousers are on with pantihose under. She has said she would love to see how my legs would look in high heels, but her shoes are too small for me to try on. OMG do I dare ask her to buy me a pair, or would that develop into something wierd?

Westford, MA

#137 Oct 2, 2012
I wear pantyhose everyday. They provide warmth, support, and are very comfortable.

Hanover Park, IL

#138 Oct 27, 2012
I really love the feel of pantyhose but I am concerned that others will know of my wearing them under my clothes. Nylons seem to have a order about them that is feminine. I am here tring to get past this issue but so far I won't wear them in "public". Anyone can help? I appreciate the help a lot. rk

Clermont, FL

#139 Oct 29, 2012
It's a sign of repressed male gayness hot spiked heels next .... Va va voom !
Football Fan

Chester, VT

#140 Nov 12, 2012
OJ Simpson (before he got Infamous) wore pantyhose during football games for warmth without the bulk and swore by them.

Chicago, IL

#141 Jan 2, 2013
I honestly thing that mens should wear pantyhose. I love the way it feels and how it looks. I love wearing woman's thong and the best pantyhose out there. I love to have a woman in my life to accept that and wear them with me.
nylon lover

Spodnji Duplek, Slovenia

#143 Jan 10, 2013
I'm buying mine here,cheap and good:

Rockford, IL

#144 Jan 16, 2013
Pantyhose under shorts or pants, no big deal. Feel good, look good.
guy in shorts

Atlanta, GA

#145 Jan 17, 2013
I do wear hose for about few years now for support and wife is fine with it. Shorts and hose at home a year around and in spring and summer after office work. I had to explain to my son that I have to wear it for support, and he is small kid, but said "ah ok". My parents and relatives fine with it as well.
purchase them: Support hose or thigh highs are great, I buy them on eBay - cheaper than if my insurance cover part of the cost.

My wife encourage me not to worry about it, if I wear hose with shorts, she now says who cares? she don't want me to sweat in pants in summer, she saying that she needs me healthy.
I would say dont worry about what other might think, if you need it for your reason, go and ware it. I wear it with church retreat in summer, pastor did not said a word, but it was visible and obvious. No one said a word, but everyone noticed. So what does that say to you? that says that if you need to wear it, do it and make sure you are comfortable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Graham opposed Sandy aid but wants help in S.C. 1 hr Cujo 7
News Federal investigators hope to find cargo ship's... 5 hr Davy 1
News Coast Guard: Missing ship sank, 1 body found, s... 22 hr Davy 5
News Marine shot dead during training exercise invol... 22 hr Davy 1
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Tue Nekrabeg 691
News Feds Launch Probe Into How Cargo Ship Sank Duri... Tue Davy 1
News Splash pads are the place to be (Jul '13) Tue bob 3
More from around the web