Should men wear pantyhose for warmth?...

Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not much of stretch

There are 246 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 29, 2009, titled Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not much of stretch. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Question: First of all: I am not a cross-dresser. I would just like to know if there is any such thing as pantyhose for men.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

DaddyRich

San Antonio, TX

#22 Feb 1, 2009
WAs gonna leave a comment,but their way too many sickos on this blog!!!!
Real men wear long johns! Enuff SAID!
Goldie H

United States

#23 Feb 1, 2009
Hey I've heard of man hoes before...I see nothing wrong with men wearing panty hose..but if they start wearing man bras on those man boobs then that's just wrong.

I can't imagine seeing my husbands pantyhose hanging over the shower curtain. geesh!
Georg

Schwarzenbruck, Germany

#24 Feb 1, 2009
Hi DaddyRich,

where are the sickos you've mentioned? I've noticed only one: YOU!
Marcus

Lansing, MI

#25 Feb 2, 2009
I like wearing pantyhose because they are like some kind of high-tech underwear. I started wearing them under my jeans for warmth during cold Michigan winters. One day I realized they also have a cooling effect when worn with shorts (how is that possible?). Since then I also wear them in the summer with shorts from time to time, but I'd boil in them underneath pants as summers here are very humid.
I have to admit that I'm not too crazy about the look, they remind me of older ladies (grandmas?), so they are better hidden under jeans. My wife never wears them and tbh I'm glad as I so much prefer bare leg look.
I wear them more for utilitarian purpose then fashion statement
Sandra

Plano, TX

#26 Feb 2, 2009
just a piece of clothing...right?? i guess i'm a crossdresser as i too find some men's brief/boxers more comfy...and Daddybroke does seem like the ONLY sicko here haha

Since: Jun 08

Kansas City, MO

#27 Feb 2, 2009
The transvestite underworld must have gotten hold of this thread. ;)

As someone who's had to live and work in extremely cold temperatures, including Alaska and northern Minnesota, Im open to wearing anything to keep warm. But technology has made thermo underwear far superior to just throwin' on a pair of ladies' pantyhose.

So if utility is your motivation, then there is men's thermo underwear which comes in all shapes and sizes.

As for athletics, there are different kinds of men's support wear, like supporters, girdles, etc. Men's support gear fitted and fashioned for men can actually improve athletic performance by providing the necessary support and resistance needed for optimum muscle use. And Im not reading a promo either.

So all that being said, why are men wearing women's panty hoses?
HoseGuy

Tampa, FL

#28 Feb 2, 2009
I wear pantyhose,(sheers in various color tones) and Tights (also in various colors) every day with shorts, whether running errands, bike riding, or just hanging out. They do wonders for my legs and circulation, besides making a nicer appearance.(Suntans look great).
My SO does not mind, and now she is also wearing lots more to eliminate leg fatique. Most ppl have too much on their minds to notice or care.
Try it, they feel great and massarge your legs. It is a win win.
Quite Frankly

Eden Prairie, MN

#29 Feb 2, 2009
I've been a cross-dresser all my life. I hate to get up and put on my clothes. I get real "cross" and swear. I'd rather stay in bed and read and listen to the radio.
Darrell

Port Orchard, WA

#30 Feb 2, 2009
I'm married straight guy , been wearing pantyhose for many years I am 56 and have no problem wearing pantyhose JMS has some pretty nice fitting tights if your looking for warmth and support.
Quite Frankly

Eden Prairie, MN

#31 Feb 3, 2009
I'm a ragged individualist in sheep's clothing.
South Shore Honey

United States

#33 Feb 3, 2009
Americans for Ignorance wrote:
As someone who's had to live and work in extremely cold temperatures, including Alaska and northern Minnesota, Im open to wearing anything to keep warm. But technology has made thermo underwear far superior to just throwin' on a pair of ladies' pantyhose.
So if utility is your motivation, then there is men's thermo underwear which comes in all shapes and sizes.
As for athletics, there are different kinds of men's support wear, like supporters, girdles, etc. Men's support gear fitted and fashioned for men can actually improve athletic performance by providing the necessary support and resistance needed for optimum muscle use. And Im not reading a promo either.
I would imagine the cost factor has something to do with it as well. Men's supportive products can be so costly.
Quite Frankly

Eden Prairie, MN

#34 Feb 3, 2009
Just wear two pairs of jogger pants like I do. And two pair of socks.

I am as smug as a rug on a bug.
Marcus

Lansing, MI

#35 Feb 4, 2009
Americans for Ignorance wrote:
Cost is the big issue. I need at least 3 pairs to rotate. That means $120-$150 for underarmour, while good 3 pairs of pantyhose run $15-$30.
In reality there is not much difference between them, except the name - the stigma associated with the term 'pantyhose'. Both are tight fitting garments. So why would I spend so much more on underarmour?
There are pantyhose made for men too which I tried, but there is not that much difference between men and women pantyhose IMO (sizing it the main factor; unless you're 6'4 and 230lb and need big size
DeLaunhardt

United States

#36 Feb 4, 2009
I am a married 42 year old, 5'10" well muscled, race car driving, individual who often wears tights!
NO ONE would accuse me of being anything but a "real male". My wife supports my choice and has even bought me a few pair of tights. I prefer the thicker tights to the thinner pantyhose. I like my legwear to be opaque as I am NOT going to shave my legs. And I wear for comfort and simply because I want to. Although I usually wear underneath a pair of jeans or slacks, as soon as the weather permits, I plan to start jogging in shorts and tights around my own neighborhood...unabashedly and unashamed...

And yes, I think my legs look great in them, and so does my wife!
True American

AOL

#37 Feb 7, 2009
I am 41 straight male, married. I am an avid bicyclist and have been riding for over 32 years. Over the years I have been riding more and more Century rides and yes, I absolutely wear support hose when riding in the cold. They do provide warmth and help with circulation. I'll wear them to work under my jeans or slacks during the colder months. My wife often says "I love seeing your legs in hose..." When i tell my fellow bikers about them, they laughed at first, now almost all of them are believers and ride with them on the colder days. Plus, us men need the extra support for the parts, if you know what I mean, for under those bike shorts.
Mans man

Carrollton, TX

#38 Feb 7, 2009
What the world is going on here. Men do not wear pantyhose!!! What are are you pantywastes going to wear next, womens panties? I can see you fairies now at the bar wearing high heels and complaining about your bra's pinching your skin. Man up already
bodacious babe

Reynoldsburg, OH

#39 Feb 7, 2009
Mans man wrote:
What the world is going on here. Men do not wear pantyhose!!! What are are you pantywastes going to wear next, womens panties? I can see you fairies now at the bar wearing high heels and complaining about your bra's pinching your skin. Man up already
Thank you for being a real man. I thought they all died and went to Texas.
bob orlando

Oviedo, FL

#40 Feb 9, 2009
this is to all you males out there that think its not normal freakish or what ever. A lot of men do wear pantyhose for support for their legs. it does help improve circulation. It does help if you have vercious veins. also in the colder months tights and pantyhose help keep you warm.i would do something skin tight over bulk. under my pants.and to all the ladies that are supportive of men wearing pantyhose way to go! who knows maybe men should wear openly with shorts what do you ladies think of that ? i am one that would be willing to do it if your willing to be supportive in public
Mans man

Carrollton, TX

#41 Feb 9, 2009
bob orlando wrote:
this is to all you males out there that think its not normal freakish or what ever. A lot of men do wear pantyhose for support for their legs. it does help improve circulation. It does help if you have vercious veins. also in the colder months tights and pantyhose help keep you warm.i would do something skin tight over bulk. under my pants.and to all the ladies that are supportive of men wearing pantyhose way to go! who knows maybe men should wear openly with shorts what do you ladies think of that ? i am one that would be willing to do it if your willing to be supportive in public
Another man fallen by the wayside. There is a line between what men should and should not do. Now go wash that mascara off od your face and turn on the Man Show.
Typical Black Guy

United States

#42 Feb 9, 2009
I wear pantyhose when I rob the local Publix. Dude, they have a great staff and low prices everyday.(not that I spend any money there)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Southern Ontario community issues state of emer... 38 min Ice Watch eh 1
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 16 hr weapon X 161
News Roughly 6 inches of snow covers most of region,... 19 hr Liberace 5
News Flooding in Brantford remains 'unpredictable & ... Fri will be lots more 1
News Rising flood waters prompts state of emergency ... Thu Welly 2
News These eight tips will protect your home from th... Thu Pardon Pard 1
News Denver shatters record low temperature for firs... Wed surfeagleOrg 1
More from around the web