Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not much of stretch

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Question: First of all: I am not a cross-dresser. I would just like to know if there is any such thing as pantyhose for men.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of205
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
tom

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Judged:

i wear the hell out of womens pantyhose...love EVERYTHING about them
steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Judged:

Although I prefer wearing men's hose (i.e., from Comfilon.com ), in a pinch women's hose will do just fine, as long as you've got the right size. I wear them for leg support, but they definitely provide added warmth w/o the bulkiness of longjohns, or even UnderArmor.

There ARE differences in the way they're proportioned, but it's not like someone's going to be able to tell the diff, unless they're grabbing your waistband to see if it says "Leggs" or "Comfilon". If so, they're getting WAY to personal.

Also, get the support style, as they'll tend to slide down less than the regular (i.e., non-support) styles. If you need them in a hurry and have to opt for the women's brands at the supermarket, get the control-top kind. They're not so bad for comfort, and they'll also keep from sliding down during the day.
Bubba

Winter Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Judged:

I like panty hose too, just not when I have to poop. They feel good on my skin!
bob orlando FL

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Judged:

hello everyone!
i am a 43 yr old married male and yes I do wear leggs sheer energy daily under my pants.I personally see nothing wrong with it. i do wear for better circulation and leg support. I am not affraid to tell others i do wear.if society was more accepting i would consider wearign a nude color with shorts. I would like to find an openminded female that might be open to working with a male on wearing openly.
Barrack Obama

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Judged:

I used to wear long johns.
Now I wear sweat pants under my pants. They are way warmer, comfortable and really make my butt look good
trtsmb

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Judged:

Funny how women are ditching pantyhose and men are starting to wear them.
David

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Judged:

I wear men's pantyhose everyday, as the support they provide men are no different than for a woman. It's just a fabric woven to assist legs of men and women around the world. My varicose veins have not progressed one bit since I started wearing hose over 20-years ago.

Another benefit is in preventing or minimizing RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). I rarely have concerns about the effects of RLS anymore. Also my knees do not ache at all while I am wearing hose. The support in this area is also very beneficial to negate worn out knees from the abuse caused by the pounding effects of running.

Warmth in the winter is also a blessing in the use of hose by both men and women. I would recommend and advocate the wearing of pantyhose to anyone, as they sure make a big improvement in my life.

Comfilon makes great men's hose for many sizes and needs. I am not ashamed to wear hose openly with shorts, as no one seems to notice or care what men put on their legs. And yes, I a married and straight!
Johs

Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2009

Judged:

I am a 62 yo married male and I have worn sheer pantyhose under my suit the last 30 years. I see nothing worng with men wearing pantyhose and I don't care if they are made for men og women as long as they fit. But it is a big progress pantyhose now are made for men as well
Dave

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Judged:

I am a 66 yr old male, strait and proud of it. I have had to wear Pantyhose for the past 15 years. I had veins stripped from ny legs and pantyhose was recomended by my DR. My late wife was present at the time and fully supported the wearing of support pantyhose.
I wear everyday to work, shopping, and whatever else I might be doing. I had the support fo my late wife until her passing in 2004. She was the one who encouraged me to wear openly in public with shorts.
My time wearing in public had been nothing but positive in the comment world. I've had ladies say that they wished that their men would wear to give them more energy in the leg department.
This is not a fetish thing, it is the real world. At this time, I feel naked if I don't have my Pantyhose on.
When I first started to wear, there weren't any men's hose available, so I started with womens hose, I did a lot of trial and error to find the right fit.
Whoever you are, don't knock it, you may have to do it yourself some day
Tim in Ohio

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Judged:

I read in a motorcycle magazine 25 years ago that they recommended hose or tights underneath to add warmth without bulk for cooler days. Riding a bike can be chilly even in 60 degree weather, so I tried them.

They do add warmth and the support type hose will help with leg fatigue on those long rides.

I love they way they feel under jeans and wear them pretty much all winter long.

Get past the silly gender bias and try them. The help a ton!

Your wife might even like you them them or at least get some amusement out of watching you put them on for the first time.
beavis

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

ok, pantyhose are just another piece of clothing. i have never tried any on and don't plan to unless advised by a doctor but it is no different than pants, socks, shirt, etc... why the fuss?
Maddy

Suwanee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Judged:

My husband used to be a lineman for our power company. He and his co-workers all wore panty hose for warmth while hanging off power poles in the dead of winter. He always said that real men wear panty hose, but never panties, lol.
South Shore Honey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Judged:

On the reverse side, I like my husband's tighty whitees. When I was expecting my daughter, they seemed to provide more support than my regular underwear. I just don't understand why women's underwear is so flimsy. Men's briefs provide comfort and support without having to wear a girdle.

And I know some guys who wear girdles too.
Bubba

Winter Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Anonymous wrote:
valdemings.com
I don't know Val demmings

Judging from this link I would have to say you are someone insecure about your sexual equipment. There is something phallic about that large megaphone that Barbara Jones is handling. Seems this woman threatens you very identity.
Georg

Burgthann, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Judged:

I am a 49 year old male living in Germany and wear pantyhose for more than 15 years. Due to chronic venous insufficiency I started with support pantyhose but had to switch to medical compression pantyhose after a deep vein thrombosis in 2003. For nearly ten years I wear pantyhose with shorts.

Men should have the guts to wear pantyhose visibly. They enhance the look of legs in men and women! But don't forget to shave hairy legs before putting on sheer pantyhose.
Laura Maria Martini

Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Judged:

I first started wearing tights during some TDY in Chicago, during the winter. Thet have since become a permanent part of my winter wardrobe.
Michael

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Judged:

I wear pantyhose regularly. The support they provide is great, and they really helped during the cold snap we had here in Florida. I don't see any reason at all why men shouldn't wear them. People should wear what they want to, and be who they want to be without fear. Comfilon.com makes great men's pantyhose.
David

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Judged:

I've been wearing pantyhose since I was in high school - under pants, with shorts, whatever. They're more comfortable than traditional underwear, keep me warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and make my legs look great.
bodacious babe

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Judged:

steve wrote:
Although I prefer wearing men's hose (i.e., from Comfilon.com ), in a pinch women's hose will do just fine, as long as you've got the right size. I wear them for leg support, but they definitely provide added warmth w/o the bulkiness of longjohns, or even UnderArmor.
There ARE differences in the way they're proportioned, but it's not like someone's going to be able to tell the diff, unless they're grabbing your waistband to see if it says "Leggs" or "Comfilon". If so, they're getting WAY to personal.
Also, get the support style, as they'll tend to slide down less than the regular (i.e., non-support) styles. If you need them in a hurry and have to opt for the women's brands at the supermarket, get the control-top kind. They're not so bad for comfort, and they'll also keep from sliding down during the day.
Let me guess, you live in the short north, campus, or Grandview, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of205
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••