Queensland and Western Australia short of milk, as national production declines

There are 6 comments on the ABC News story from Jul 29, 2014, titled Queensland and Western Australia short of milk, as national production declines. In it, ABC News reports that:

It's not uncommon for Queensland to run low in the colder months but the problem has increased in recent years as farmers leave the industry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

Goats milk is a fukwit

Sydney, Australia

#2 Jul 30, 2014
I don't care how processed my milk is, or if it comes from pregnant cows. It goes good in fruit loops and coffee.
Goats milk Australia

Sydney, Australia

#3 Jul 30, 2014
There is one goat farm that is doing just fine. The problem is these factory style farms where the emphasis is on production. The emphasis needs to be on quality. Lactations should be 2 years, cows should not be having a calf every year. That is not natural.
Goats milk Australia

Sydney, Australia

#4 Jul 30, 2014
If the dairy industry made a rule that a cow can only have a calf every two years,
all milk would be low in hormones. Cows also produce richer milk in extended lactations, and because the milk is from a non pregnant cow, it's low in hormones.

Quality over quantity. Stop the pressure on production.
pete

Sydney, Australia

#5 Jul 30, 2014
The camels do well up in the heat of Queensland. All tge more reason for camel milk. Also, what about just trucking some milk up?
Goats milk Australia

Australia

#6 Jul 30, 2014
Nobody ever listens to anything I say yet I go on and on and still nobody cares. I change my name to back up my own posts but still nobody cares about my milk.
Goats milk Australia

Sydney, Australia

#7 Jul 30, 2014
I know that I am sounding like a broken record, but milk is a staple food, this is important guys. Don't we want to know how our food is made and where it comes from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dutch cyclist retraces Terry Fox route on his o... 49 min other routes 1
News Weather hailed on social media 8 hr is it HAARP 1
News Growing global demand for airconditioning as cl... 19 hr Earthling 1
News Two Burlington women allegedly assaulted as the... Sat crime on increase 1
News Putin threatens nuclear war: Russian leader wil... Sat bindebird 16
News Heavy rain to continue Fri Nederland Texas 1
News Classy, casual, cool Fri Hail 1
More from around the web