Weather service: Three tornadoes touc...

Weather service: Three tornadoes touched down on Thursday

There are 1 comment on the WFAA-TV Dallas story from Apr 5, 2014, titled Weather service: Three tornadoes touched down on Thursday. In it, WFAA-TV Dallas reports that:

The National Weather Service now says there were three tornadoes in the storms that hit North Texas on April 3. Meteorologists who spent time reviewing the damage south of Cooper in Delta County said it was the result of straight-line winds, not a funnel cloud.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFAA-TV Dallas.

Lone Oak, TX

#1 Apr 7, 2014
What I tracked on WFAA Doppler had a rotation that fluctuated between 9 and 10 (on a scale of 1 to 10) when it crossed the lake. This rotation I believe is the same rotation the hit between Greenville and Celeste. I began tracking it when it was at the Hwy 24 rest area at that time it had a rotation of 7. From there it traveled along Hwy 24 til it began veering to the right near Klondike with the rotation strength of 8, sometimes 9. As it crossed the lake the rotation was 10, and stayed a constant 9, 10 as it continued to Tira.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Incredible' Manitoba tornado lasted up to thre... 1 min hmmm 1
News 'I'm Canadian': Expat actor Donald Sutherland b... 1 min Sad 1
News Transit officials: Officer uses pepper spray on... 1 min Responsibility 9
News James Hansen Spells Out Climate Danger Of The '... Tue don t drink the k... 7
Langham Science Research Derby U.K. Tue Andrew John Langham 1
News Halton Hills designates summer Cooling Centres Tue CFRB 1010 am 8
News Building heat for Central New York peaks Wednesday Mon jamal 1
More from around the web