Governor declares a drought emergency

Governor declares a drought emergency

There are 6 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Feb 28, 2009, titled Governor declares a drought emergency. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Despite recent weeks of overcast and rain-filled skies, three years of drought culminated in a statewide emergency declared Friday by Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

“THE REAL WORLD”

Since: Jan 08

Vallejo, CA

#1 Feb 28, 2009
A water crisis is the looming threat to humans on planet earth, not the false panic of "global warming", which is not happening.

Hard science, not junk science supported by computer modeling based upon assumptions rather than fact, proves that water is the problem. Climate change is a natural occurance, clearly beyond the control of humans.

As our finite supply of water is consumed by more people, more farming and more industrial use, we face the real threat of global drying.
puppywatcher

San Jose, CA

#2 Feb 28, 2009
The muscle man should declare "global warming" is real like Al Gore saying.Anyone among scientist can testify or prove that there's warming around the earth ??? Please don't use your muscle...
Aqua Vitae

Suisun City, CA

#3 Feb 28, 2009
This should of been declared last year.

Once again the leaders of this state wait until the last minute before doing something about a problem that's been predicted for years.
Dan

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Mar 1, 2009
I HAVE THE SOLUTION to the drought problem but it seems that nobody is helping me besides sending words of encouragement. If you look at my web site NewAgeHygienics.com and you will see that I can save $10 million worth of water a day in California alone, 12 billion dollars worth of water per year in US and may SOLVE THE PROBLEM. However, it needs some investment, not only words, and some more support from the California's water agencies that so far are giving me the run around. Support from the Federal Government would not hurt either.

Dan

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Mar 1, 2009
I HAVE THE SOLUTION to the drought problem but it seems that nobody is helping me besides sending words of encouragement. If you look at my web site NewAgeHygienics.com and you will see that I can save $10 million worth of water a day in California alone, 12 billion dollars worth of water per year in US and may SOLVE THE PROBLEM. However, it needs some investment, not only words, and some more support from the California's water agencies that so far are giving me the run around. Support from the Federal Government would not hurt either.

“Ex Astris Scientia”

Since: Dec 08

Space Town

#6 Jan 19, 2014
If it's brown: flush it down
But if it's yellow: let it mellow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 11 hr weapon X 161
News Roughly 6 inches of snow covers most of region,... 14 hr Liberace 5
News Flooding in Brantford remains 'unpredictable & ... Fri will be lots more 1
News Rising flood waters prompts state of emergency ... Thu Welly 2
News These eight tips will protect your home from th... Thu Pardon Pard 1
News Denver shatters record low temperature for firs... Wed surfeagleOrg 1
News Drenching Downpour Brings Flash Floods to Ohio ... Wed Kornho Granny 3
More from around the web