Ocean Breaches Dunes; 97 MPH Gusts, Roads Under Water In Berkeley

Oct 29, 2012 Full story: Patch.com

Roads are under water and the ocean is breaching the dunes in South Seaside Park as Berkeley Township has been dealing with Hurricane Sandy's 97 mph gusts, officials said.

Read more
greg presnal

United States

#1 Oct 30, 2012
I own a home on. 186 Central Ave. Could the police post a photo for insurance reasons since it is not safe to go there ? Posting photos of the area for the home owners would be helpful for insurance reasons. The quicker the insurance settlements are made , the faster the rebuilding will occur. Although , its going to take a very very long time to get back to "normal".
greg presnal

United States

#2 Oct 30, 2012
By the way , I don't want any police or anyone else taking photos of the area if it is unsafe. I just meant while surveying the area , if practical, photos would be helpful. Thank you
Jim

United States

#3 Oct 31, 2012
Looking for any info on the area by bum Rodgers. Own a condo. Haven't seen any photos or heard any news.
kath

Carnegie, PA

#4 Oct 31, 2012
I heard 22nd and 23rd may have made it thru.
water came over 20th and 24th but
we might be luckier than the heights
Eric

Maspeth, NY

#5 Oct 31, 2012
Have house on 22nd ave and bayview....does anyone have any info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 10 min bigrick 582
News Region of Halton aims to prevent basement flooding 9 hr Sunshine List 1
News Indiana Gov. Pence signs religious objections bill 16 hr goonsquad 5
News Will Alaska's weird winter be followed by equal... 20 hr Sneaky Pete 43
News Novel is a deluge of depression Fri depressionman22 1
News Extreme cold will continue through the night Fri same again 2nite 1
News New AP Stylebook Entry on 'Global Warming',... Fri SpaceBlues 2
More from around the web