Global warming may cause extremes by ...

Global warming may cause extremes by slowing "planetary waves"

There are 1 comment on the Reuters story from Feb 25, 2013, titled Global warming may cause extremes by slowing "planetary waves". In it, Reuters reports that:

Global warming may have caused extreme events such as a 2011 drought in the United States and a 2003 heatwave in Europe by slowing vast, wave-like weather flows in the northern hemisphere, scientists said on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

PHD

Cibolo, TX

#1 Feb 26, 2013
But a build-up of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, blamed on human activities led by use of fossil fuels, is heating the Arctic faster than other regions and slowing the mechanism that drives the waves,“the study suggested“.
"This is quite a breakthrough," he wrote. The scientists added that the 32-year-period studied was too short to
” predict”
future climate change and that natural variations in the climate had not been ruled out completely as a cause.
The study
“only considered”
the northern part of the globe, in summertime. Petoukhov led another study in 2010

“suggesting”
that cold snaps in some recent winters in Europe were linked to low amounts of ice in the Arctic Ocean.
Predict,consider, and suggest looks like more scientific science fiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canadians told to brace for a 'classic' Canadia... 1 hr costs 2 1
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Sat SlimShady 934
News Despite Health Risks and Exploitation, Undocume... Sat freebird 3
News When did it last rain in Phoenix? 85 days ago a... Sat Whiny1 1
News White House plans to seek another $45 billion i... Nov 17 VP Mullah Elect P... 1
News Ash creates a haze in Kodiak, as seen on this F... Nov 17 Sundance79 1
News More 'biblical" rain coming to Texas? A leading... Nov 16 L Craig s Hush Pu... 10
More from around the web