Mayor Tweeted Before Crippling Storm: 'Atlanta, We Are Ready For The Snow'

Jan 30, 2014 Full story: CBS Local 29

The snow and sleet had stopped falling and traffic was moving again around Atlanta following a crippling storm - but officials warned that ice-covered roads remained a threat for drivers Thursday morning.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fun Fact

New York, NY

#21 Jan 31, 2014
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>
Atlanta has a real "snow storm", just like New York never has a real "heat wave".
I concur. Atlanta's has had heat waves of the like that no other city has ever seen. For instance, in 1864, it became so hot that the entire city went up in FLAMES!
Justin

United States

#22 Jan 31, 2014
Fun Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur. Atlanta's has had heat waves of the like that no other city has ever seen. For instance, in 1864, it became so hot that the entire city went up in FLAMES!
I recall seeing NYC go up in flames more recently, and it didn't even take an army to do it.
Cat Marnell

New York, NY

#23 Jan 31, 2014
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>
WAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAH! We lost the Civil War!!! WAAAAAAH!
I recall seeing NYC have a blizzard that brought over a foot of snow recently, and it didn't even shut the city down.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#24 Jan 31, 2014
I had no problem with the ice and snow, I was prepared because I have a 4 wheel drive truck. Mayor Mohammad should have been prepared for the predicted weather problems which have shown to have superseded his ability level of leadership. Bless his little heart.

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#25 Jan 31, 2014
Isn't it time we ban fully automatic snowstorms?
Take this

Whittier, CA

#26 Jan 31, 2014
lighteredknot wrote:
I had no problem with the ice and snow, I was prepared because I have a 4 wheel drive truck. Mayor Mohammad should have been prepared for the predicted weather problems which have shown to have superseded his ability level of leadership. Bless his little heart.
More lies. You have nothing you slobbering racist jizz bucket.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#27 Feb 1, 2014
We knew something was coming and the mayor and everyone else failed to heed the weather bureau severe storm warning issued at 3:39 am before the storm. Politicians made their decisions bases on the weather reports of the day before which changed over the night.
Dagmar

Lawrenceville, GA

#28 Feb 1, 2014
Wow, so now everyone believes the weather forecasters? One of the biggest east jokes about Atlanta weather is that it is always changing and no one listens to media and their hyped up forecasts like the Wizometer on 11 Alive. What a bunch of hypocrites, liars in fact! Hysterical how everyone is now blaming the local and state governments for scoffing at this ever changing forecast when the vast majority of citizens NEVER do. It is pathetic that most people would rather tell complete lies on the internet, rather than admit the failed themselves. Our society is definetly filled with a lot of sociopathic LIARS.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#29 Feb 1, 2014
Robert wrote:
We knew something was coming and the mayor and everyone else failed to heed the weather bureau severe storm warning issued at 3:39 am before the storm. Politicians made their decisions bases on the weather reports of the day before which changed over the night.
in fact, the The Weather Channel,( which if freakin' based in Atlanta!) clearly predicted just what happened over a day before it hit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 34 min Scholar 1,083
The Fed's next land fight: New Mexico ranchers ... (May '14) 7 hr Notexactly 31
Get furnace checked or face a fine 11 hr silly rabbit 45
Russian ruble extends losses 14 hr Dimitri100 65
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 19 hr RamapoU 495
Lake Effect Snow and Bitter Cold Air Fri larry 2
Protective Coatings, Decorative Paints and Coat... Fri Gerald Vonberger 1
More from around the web