Oklahoma tornadoes end quiet storm season

May 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Reporter

The violent tornado outbreaks of the past several days, including the killer twister that hit Moore, Okla., on Monday, have shattered the calm of what had been a very quiet tornado season so far.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
USA

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Sam I Am

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

44 people were killed in the same town by an EF-5 tornado in 1999, about half of them kids. In fact, this is the 4th time this town has been hit by a major tornado. I don't want to sound insensitive, but what's so awesome about Oklahoma that makes raising your kids in the path of this kind of danger sound like a great idea? And why don't the schools in that area have underground reinforced bunkers for evacuating kids when one of these comes through? Just seems like people aren't taking these storms seriously enough. Each time they rebuild, they seem to assume it's not going to happen again. And then it does.
yardsale junkie

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
44 people were killed in the same town by an EF-5 tornado in 1999, about half of them kids. In fact, this is the 4th time this town has been hit by a major tornado. I don't want to sound insensitive, but what's so awesome about Oklahoma that makes raising your kids in the path of this kind of danger sound like a great idea? And why don't the schools in that area have underground reinforced bunkers for evacuating kids when one of these comes through? Just seems like people aren't taking these storms seriously enough. Each time they rebuild, they seem to assume it's not going to happen again. And then it does.
Those 44 deaths were not in Moore alone. That total also includes people from OKC, Midwest City and Dell City. Oklahoma is a wonderful place. Storms can happen anywhere. It's no different than people raising their children on the coasts of Florida, Louisiana, or the Carolinas. But I'd take Oklahoma over those states any day.
Hopeful

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
You're very stupid.
Sam I Am

Salem, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Obama and his puppets = Lying POS, Don't believe a word they say.
yardsale junkie

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
Obama and his puppets = Lying POS, Don't believe a word they say.
Go back to your make believe Dr Seuss world.
Sam I Am

Salem, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

yardsale junkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to your make believe Dr Seuss world.
Obama and his puppets = Lying POS, Don't believe a word they say. And you too.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

Nuneaton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Nice to see that the spring subtropical air is finally starting to mix into the polar hood.

The Northern states have previously been complaining about a late spring.

Currently the climate mode is #3 which is a mite more efficient @ cooling the planet than mode#2. Expect as a result a "Pulsating" monsoonal flow which will produce large influxes of gulf moist air approximately every 3 weeks.

Being the follow on year from the mode change (April 2012) the perturbations have mostly evened out so there is not quite such a drought risk as last year.

One other note is that as monsoonal flows move from W to E in this mode rather than staying rooted in one spot, the bulk of developing hurricanes from Atlantic tropical waves will (as last year) recurve in the Atlantic rather than the Caribbean basin with the hurricanes in the Caribbean area relatively rare.

One other note of this W-E travel is that a hot pool will develop off the W. African coast (as happened last year).

Have a nice day: Ag
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/997/822/740/pu... #

Please sign the petition for shelters in our schools

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••