440 million gallons of water is pouri...

440 million gallons of water is pouring out of Pat Mayse Lake daily into the Red River

There are 44 comments on the EParis Extra story from Mar 25, 2012, titled 440 million gallons of water is pouring out of Pat Mayse Lake daily into the Red River. In it, EParis Extra reports that:

Almost 6.5 inches of rain has fallen on Pat Mayse Lake this month, raising the lake level almost five feet above the conservation level of 451 feet above sea level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EParis Extra.

bubba

United States

#21 Mar 28, 2012
I say sell it, then cut everyones taxes in Lamar county...
cash

Blossom, TX

#22 Mar 28, 2012
comments about selling water the lake wont hold makes everybody look smart
cash

Blossom, TX

#23 Mar 28, 2012
why do they let the water out
really

United States

#24 Mar 28, 2012
cash wrote:
why are you worried about it? get a life..
cash

Blossom, TX

#25 Mar 28, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you worried about it? get a life..
so you dont know
OldWhitey

Paris, TX

#26 Mar 28, 2012
cash wrote:
so tha fish can swum to the other side???
Except

College Station, TX

#27 Mar 28, 2012
bubba wrote:
I say sell it, then cut everyones taxes in Lamar county...
That would be great, but the money from water sales can only be used for water / sewer treatment and expenses of the City of Paris. The money could be used to upgrade the water treatment / sewer treatment plants, or used to replace aging water and sewer lines in the City of Paris. The water / sewer budget is a stand-alone item for the city and any income can only be used within that budget, no matter how large.
So, any sale of water will have NO impact on property taxes imposed by Paris. If anyone tells you different, keep your hand on your wallet while they are around.
peanut

Paris, TX

#28 Mar 28, 2012
there is not enough water that goes out to make it worth while to build a pipe line to cooper.an they want take a controled amount they want it all. an our water is what help us be able to attract new companys. thats my 2 cents.
InTheKnow

Paris, TX

#29 Mar 29, 2012
OldWhitey wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you are correct. I am not promoting selling of the water to Irving. I was against the idea. I am for keeping control to sell or contract. More water needs to be stored at the lake to give us a larger supply. This supply will be used to promote new industry. Should the voters make a decision to sell water to Irving, I have no problem with it as long as lake levels are under local control. I want to be able to fish, boat, and
camp at PM. I think the vast majority of locals agree.
There is a cabel working behind the scenes to make a deal with Iriving. PW is one of the ringleaders and he has influenced Pickle and Frierson to push to hire the new manager - and guess who is on board to sell the water?
InTheKnow

Paris, TX

#30 Mar 29, 2012
cabal
cash

Blossom, TX

#31 Mar 29, 2012
InTheKnow wrote:
cabal
same as a cartel only located in lamar county
Boomerang

Paris, TX

#32 Mar 29, 2012
peanut wrote:
there is not enough water that goes out to make it worth while to build a pipe line to cooper.an they want take a controled amount they want it all. an our water is what help us be able to attract new companys. thats my 2 cents.
Perhaps your 2 cents would have been better spent on literacy classes.
Boomerang

Paris, TX

#33 Mar 29, 2012
InTheKnow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a cabel working behind the scenes to make a deal with Iriving. PW is one of the ringleaders and he has influenced Pickle and Frierson to push to hire the new manager - and guess who is on board to sell the water?
Can't sell it without a vote. It'll never happen.
Information

United States

#34 Mar 29, 2012
The sell the water guys are trying to load the city council to make another run at selling the water to Irving. Remember, the good ole boys are running Pickle, Shelton, and Lancaster. A vote for these candidates is a vote to sell the water and privatize the trash collection.
boomerang

Paris, TX

#35 Mar 29, 2012
Information wrote:
The sell the water guys are trying to load the city council to make another run at selling the water to Irving. Remember, the good ole boys are running Pickle, Shelton, and Lancaster. A vote for these candidates is a vote to sell the water and privatize the trash collection.
Once again, the only way water can be sold is for the citizens to vote for it to be sold. Council cannot make the decision to sell the water no matter how it's stacked.
InTheKnow

Paris, TX

#36 Mar 29, 2012
boomerang wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the only way water can be sold is for the citizens to vote for it to be sold. Council cannot make the decision to sell the water no matter how it's stacked.
Where PW and company have a will, there is a way. They have probably figured out a way around the vote, or will have a real push to have the vote go their way. There has been a real battle waged by the Irving people and their consultants for about 12 to 15 years to get this water. A necessary step is to clear out any employee or city council member who opposes this and replace them with "yes" people. Stand back and watch - this will be interesting.
City Worker

Paris, TX

#37 Mar 29, 2012
FYI, EP has been trying to set up a meeting between the city of Irving and the Paris city council. Irving is the community that wishes to purchase our water. He does not have the votes on the council currently to sell the water but possibly could gain two votes in the upcoming city elections.
Citizen

Paris, TX

#38 Mar 29, 2012
What can I say? A lot of crooked people trying to be in control.
Redundant

Paris, TX

#39 Mar 30, 2012
City Worker wrote:
FYI, EP has been trying to set up a meeting between the city of Irving and the Paris city council. Irving is the community that wishes to purchase our water. He does not have the votes on the council currently to sell the water but possibly could gain two votes in the upcoming city elections.
One more time ... the council cannot vote to sell the water. The only way the water can be sold is if the citizens vote to sell it. Furthermore, a citizen cannot "stack" the council unless the voters allow him to do so by refusing to run themselves or even bother to go to the polls and vote. The whiners should quit whining and either run for the office or campaign to get more people to vote. If you don't do that, then you have no legitimate grounds for complaint.
just wondering

Atlanta, GA

#40 Apr 5, 2012
wondering why we pump so much out when back a few years ago city would not alow a budwieser co. to come in cause we didnt have enough water

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump: Puerto Rico was a 'disaster' before hurr... 3 hr youll shoot your ... 72
News 'Breaking Bad' actors hosting fundraiser for Pu... 8 hr LuzAranda 1
News Gang concerns draw crowd in Marysville (Nov '08) Wed hax0 17
News Beautiful, deadly creatures wash ashore in Engl... Wed Suezanne 4
News A couple watch waves break on the sea wall at P... Wed Atlantic 1
News Solar Industry Sees the Opportunity to Build Pu... Tue Solarman 1
News Trump's pick to lead NOAA pushed for privatizin... Oct 17 Sheriff Joe 529 7
More from around the web