Hurricane Sandy: Live from Mystic Island

Hurricane Sandy: Live from Mystic Island

There are 250 comments on the NJ.com story from Oct 28, 2012, titled Hurricane Sandy: Live from Mystic Island. In it, NJ.com reports that:

Hello all, welcome from Mystic Island. For those who have never heard of Mystic Island - I'm guessing that's about 95 percent of New Jersey - it's a community at the southernmost edge of Ocean County, part of Little Egg Harbor Township and next to Tuckerton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NJ.com.

marce

Jersey City, NJ

#230 Nov 4, 2012
4, 6, and 8 Ship Drive face water in front of house and also the back yard. Does anybody know the extent of the damage to any of those homes, or if any of them had a fire??? Marce
BO THE DUG

Glasgow, UK

#233 Nov 4, 2012
Your GOVERNMENT are TERRORIST,S...
CMD

Manchester Township, NJ

#234 Nov 5, 2012
Can I get into Mystic Island today...Need to go to Susquehanna and access damage for my father who is sick and in his home in Hoboken with no power.
Mike

Wayne, NJ

#235 Nov 5, 2012
Anyone have pictures or info on damage to homes on S Miami Drive? I am coming down to check on my family's house this week and I would like to get an idea of what to expect.
Patti

Du Bois, PA

#236 Nov 5, 2012
We are on W. Mohawk (old style/single level). Spent the weekend throwing everything away. Very little could be saved. The water climbed the insulation in the walls and all of the interior walls had to be removed. There is actually 5 inches of water inside of the sliding glass door (between the panes). Nothing left but the frame now. The pile of garbage in the front yard is bigger than the house.
We found that the wiring is old (cloth covered kind) so that will need updated too.
No one is sure where to begin.
Despite the unbelievable loss, there is an overwhelming spirit of friendship and love between the neighbors. Mystic has a heart like no other neighborhood. I'm saddened for everyone, but greatful to be surrounded by such wonderful people!
Be safe! Our prayers go out to everyone.
Patti

Du Bois, PA

#237 Nov 5, 2012
Website for relief information.

http://nj211.org/hurricane.cfm
ROMNEY 2012

Brooklyn, NY

#238 Nov 5, 2012
BO THE DUG wrote:
Your GOVERNMENT are TERRORIST,S...
DROP DEAD YOU VISCIOUS PIECE OF SHIT. YOU BELONG IN HELL.
John R

Winder, GA

#239 Nov 6, 2012
How much damage to Scott's Bait and Tackle and nearby businesses?
Rose

Trenton, NJ

#240 Nov 6, 2012
John R wrote:
How much damage to Scott's Bait and Tackle and nearby businesses?
Businesses all suffered damage. Here is a message from the owner of Scott's.
Hi all

Mo checking in from Scott's.
all family ok. Salvaging what we can.

Insomnia so exhausted. Staying at a friends house.

Baitshop closed until spring for first time ever to recover.
pennparts.com got back up n running so at. Least we still have some income.

So many people pulling together here means so much to us all.

Majorly overwhelmed cannot even watch news yet.

Going to try n get more sleep back to house to work on it in few hours.

Hugs and well wishes to all. We will get through this.

Mo

Toms River, NJ

#241 Nov 6, 2012
Kevin wrote:
Any news of West Creek? Got a place on Dock Road 3/4 mile down from Route 9 / Tipps Hardware. Any guess of the height of storm surge there?
Not sure exactly where she would live on Dock Road, but I heard Dock Road did not fair well at all:(
Mercy sakes

Buckhannon, WV

#242 Nov 8, 2012
After your state carried Obama I wish that Sandy would of washed your state out in the middle of tha Atlantic ! Bawhahaha !!!! I hope this new storm does a #!!!!
Concerned friend

Bensalem, PA

#243 Nov 8, 2012
Can anyone please tell me about 12 S. Baltimore Driv? Need to know if house still is standing and what damige there is. THank you.
lois

Philadelphia, PA

#244 Nov 8, 2012
pam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure exactly where she would live on Dock Road, but I heard Dock Road did not fair well at all:(
Dock road was hit hard, I hear the water reached 10ft in some areas and some of the marinas lost boats
snyder

Lyndhurst, NJ

#245 Nov 12, 2012
My heart to all of the life long residances of Mystic Island.Hopefully we can recover from this and move on .I just hope that the Island does not become an economicly despessed area after this.
If possible I would like to hear from someone in and around East Boat dr area.
snyder_74@msn.com
As of 11/12 is Radio RD closed??
snyder

Lyndhurst, NJ

#246 Nov 12, 2012
Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>I live on w brig going back on we'd morning to check things out charlie
DROP ME AN E-MAIL REF E Boat Dr
snyder_74@msn.com
Jim

Monroe, NY

#247 Nov 13, 2012
Just returned from W.Mohawk dr. off of Twin Lakes
Blvd. Family house on a slab had about two feet of
water damage. The entire street the same. Everything had to go, piles of house contents on the curb just about everywhere. Ripped out sheetrock and insulation at the 4 foot level throughout the house. Used a kerosene heater to
dry out each room, works great. Braced up the
kitchen and bathroom sinks with 2 by 4's and everything else was ripped out.
Just finished renovating the house before this happened, heartbreaking. If it is getting you down
just go next door to your neighbors and have a talk and a beer.Definitely helps!
Please keep this blog going, people are still looking for answers, especially if they are from out of state.
They still won't let you on S.Green st. without ID. Good luck to everyone.
Curious

Raleigh, NC

#248 Nov 13, 2012
Anyone heard anthing about changing the name from Mystic Island to Mold Island?
Kelley

Danielson, CT

#249 Nov 15, 2012
I have a mother on N. Forecastle Dr. and a brother and his family on Indian Valley Ct. or something like that. Does anyone know how those areas made out. I don't talk to them and I called my uncle in Vineland to find out and he hasn't called me. I have 2 nieces from my brother, ages 11 years and 9 years that I am worried about. My 11 yr. old niece is SEVERLY autistic. Thank you for any info.
Obama

Raleigh, NC

#250 Nov 15, 2012
They are probably OK. Not everyone has been acounted for, but we still have hope as we hear lots of gurgles from the Flood water. We should get the power restored by the next election.
snydr

Hoboken, NJ

#251 Nov 15, 2012
Curious wrote:
Anyone heard anthing about changing the name from Mystic Island to Mold Island?
just come up to nj and become a clammer,then we will see about mole
island.keep you good thoughts to your self

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Legislators call for NY Rising oversight 1 hr because 3
News Flood damage minimal (Feb '09) 9 hr rural pays 4 urba... 10
News Rain, wind damage Van Wert area 11 hr Thanks 2
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 13 hr Cait 635
News A look at competing math on pools versus lawns 15 hr Master planner 2
News New England's epic winter gives way to unusuall... 16 hr goldstone report 3
News Las Vegas ties record high of 104 degrees 18 hr spytheweb 1
More from around the web