New Roads mayor rejects police juror'...

New Roads mayor rejects police juror's request for restitution

There are 5 comments on the theadvocate.com story from Mar 19, 2013, titled New Roads mayor rejects police juror's request for restitution. In it, theadvocate.com reports that:

Mayor Robert Myer on Tuesday night shot down Pointe Coupee Police Juror Cornell Dukes' request for $1,500 in restitution because sewage flooded one of his rental properties in January.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at theadvocate.com.

Observer

Batchelor, LA

#1 Mar 20, 2013
Sounds like Cornell Dukes is trying to get one over the tax payers again. From what I hear, he is just trying to stir up controversy for the mayor because he wants to be mayor. Wouldn't that be a disaster! Mayor Robert Myers is doing a fantastic job in New Roads. He doesn't care who you are or what race you are, he will do what is right for the city. It has been a long time since we had a mayor like him.
Yessir

United States

#2 Apr 8, 2013
Indeed he is doing a good job....New Roads is doing well
Observer wrote:
Sounds like Cornell Dukes is trying to get one over the tax payers again. From what I hear, he is just trying to stir up controversy for the mayor because he wants to be mayor. Wouldn't that be a disaster! Mayor Robert Myers is doing a fantastic job in New Roads. He doesn't care who you are or what race you are, he will do what is right for the city. It has been a long time since we had a mayor like him.
Jarreau Resident

Benton, AR

#3 Apr 8, 2013
Yessir wrote:
Indeed he is doing a good job....New Roads is doing well
<quoted text>
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, or should I say rotten fruit doesn't fall from the poisenous tree.
Jarreau Resident

Benton, AR

#4 Apr 8, 2013
The Dukes, I mean!
jarreau

New Roads, LA

#5 Apr 12, 2013
Mayor been at work 5 times in last 3 months

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming made Paris floods far more likel... 8 min Into The Night 116
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 2 hr Serious Rabbit 98
News The Latest: Obama pledges federal support in fl... Thu sore but 15
News Climate change implicated in France floods Thu Earthling-1 24
News SJC grants new trial to homeless man in trespas... Wed Golf club 3
News New York Attempts to Fight Street Homelessness ... Jun 28 Ice Man 1
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Jun 27 Jim 776
More from around the web