Possible Seven Valleys bridge option sparks worry

There are only two current ways to get to The Valley Tavern and the neighboring Dietrich's Farm and Nursery in Seven Valleys. Full Story
oldyorktimer

AOL

#1 May 28, 2010
Perhaps the companies that deliver to the tavern and other local businesses use smaller trucks.
Solution

Red Lion, PA

#2 May 28, 2010
I just solved your problem folks. To hell with the bridge replacement. Penn Dot
can cancel the work and just say the hell with it. When the old bridge falls down
you can build one the way you want yourselves. They could also build a bridge way
over top your whole town. Penn Dot rules and Ron Millar don't have a clue.
They should rent a portable bridge from the Army Corp of engineers and use it while they build the new one.
Now the old geezers in the area have something to gabe about for the next year or two
and can take there lawn chairs down at the work site and supervise. They will have a
solution for every problem and Penn Dot won't have to have any engineers on site.
oldyorktimer

AOL

#3 May 28, 2010
oldyorktimer wrote:
Perhaps the companies that deliver to the tavern and other local businesses use smaller trucks.
Correction: Perhaps they could use smaller trucks.
Siebenthaller

Jerome, PA

#4 May 28, 2010
Or temporarily open the Cherry Street crossing for delivery vehicles.
DoverDude

York, PA

#5 May 28, 2010
Oh Me Oh My, NO-ONE WINS!
Lifetime SV Resident

York, PA

#6 May 28, 2010
Solution wrote:
I just solved your problem folks. To hell with the bridge replacement. Penn Dot
can cancel the work and just say the hell with it. When the old bridge falls down
you can build one the way you want yourselves. They could also build a bridge way
over top your whole town. Penn Dot rules and Ron Millar don't have a clue.
They should rent a portable bridge from the Army Corp of engineers and use it while they build the new one.
Now the old geezers in the area have something to gabe about for the next year or two
and can take there lawn chairs down at the work site and supervise. They will have a
solution for every problem and Penn Dot won't have to have any engineers on site.
Have you ever lived in Seven Valleys or in the area? If not, you have no clue how this would affect this wonderful, quite little town. Tell me honestly, how you would feel if they wanted to tear up the street right in front of your house for a year and you were stuck at home. How would you feel if you ran a business out of your home and had the same above scenerio to deal with. Do you really think your business would survive? And what if your house caught fire. The fire company is on the opposite side of the bridge. You would be the first one to lay blame when your house burns down because the fire company couldn't get there.

So if you have never lived here, then just keep your non-chalant opinions to yourself.
Solutions solution

York, PA

#7 May 28, 2010
I like "Solution's" solution as a solution, but a solution that pleases everyones solution is not a feasible solution to the unsolvable solution to the main solution. What to do, what to do, I'm devastated! And tear out that damn old railroad bridge while you're at it. Every time I get drunk at the Valley Tavern, I hit that dam bridge. Woe is me!
Dowg

York, PA

#8 May 29, 2010
Poor Dietrichs hope the hole place floods. Also maybe you losers should pick up all of your flower pots along the creek.
Solution

Red Lion, PA

#9 May 29, 2010
Lifetime SV Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever lived in Seven Valleys or in the area? If not, you have no clue how this would affect this wonderful, quite little town. Tell me honestly, how you would feel if they wanted to tear up the street right in front of your house for a year and you were stuck at home. How would you feel if you ran a business out of your home and had the same above scenerio to deal with. Do you really think your business would survive? And what if your house caught fire. The fire company is on the opposite side of the bridge. You would be the first one to lay blame when your house burns down because the fire company couldn't get there.
So if you have never lived here, then just keep your non-chalant opinions to yourself.
Careful there lifetime Resydent. Your getting your undergarments in a ruffle.
Close your dam business for a year and take a nice long vacation. Sounds like
you need it. If you think your life is in ruin because of this go to any hospital
and visit the cancer wards or an alzheimers unit at the nursing homes.
Keep

United States

#10 May 29, 2010
Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
you need it. If you think your life is in ruin because of this go to any hospital
talkin Solution. Everytime you open your mouth you sound more stupid. You're a definite nutcase.
Lifetime SV Resident

York, PA

#11 May 29, 2010
Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish people who posted on blogs like this one, would stay in school and learn English and how to spell ("Resydent"). As for cancer wards and the like, I have been a nurse for well over 30 years and have worked with cancer, alzheimers, HIV and Aids patients and more. I have to watch people suffer and die every day of my life including babies and little children because they can't get the kidney transplants that they need to survive.
Peetie

York, PA

#12 May 29, 2010
Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
I AGREE! I always volunteered and helped when I could till CANCER hit my other half, so now I still volunteer, only at home! Altho I hate it, I have always done it out of Love! Either at home or at HMC!
2459JDT

Mohrsville, PA

#13 May 29, 2010
I feel sorry for the Valley,They had to rebuild the place back up from the old owners kids running it into the ground.I eat there alot , they have the best broasted chicken that I ever ate.My wife gets the crabcakes. THE BEST SHE EVER ATE!!!The seafood feast is GREAT, you would never go to Red Lobster again, if you hsd it! GOOD LUCK VALLEY TAVERN ,GREAT FOOD, HOT BARMAIDS,FUN,FUN1
Solution

Red Lion, PA

#14 May 30, 2010
Lifetime SV Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish people who posted on blogs like this one, would stay in school and learn English and how to spell ("Resydent"). As for cancer wards and the like, I have been a nurse for well over 30 years and have worked with cancer, alzheimers, HIV and Aids patients and more. I have to watch people suffer and die every day of my life including babies and little children because they can't get the kidney transplants that they need to survive.
The misspelling was intentional it's to sound like hillbilly speak.
You have seen that there are worse things in life than a bridge
causing major disruption.We moan and complain about all kinds
of things we percieve as a major disaster but fail to realize things
could be much more devastating in out lives. To those who think I'm stupid
step up to the mirror and take a good hard look in there and honestly
think about who you are.
getaclue

Spring Grove, PA

#15 May 31, 2010
Tell me how you would feel if you had a child with serious health issues and lived on the wrong side of the bridge for medical emergencies? This is not only about the businesses. We all live here and will have to deal with this issue. That extra time ambulances will need to detour could mean my sons life.
Tip

Palm Bay, FL

#16 May 31, 2010
If you go on the assumption that the bridge is going to be replaced, and the shortest schedule is best for all. Consider the following:
Fire and ambulance service, house one fire engine of Seven Valley Fire Co at the Tri Community Ambulance Assoc facility, and visa versa house one of the Tri Community Ambulances at the Seven Valley Fire Co facility.
Request PennDot install a foot bridge over the creek allowing volunteers access between the Fire Co and the Ambulance Assoc facilities.
If there are costs incurred as a result of this displacement request funds from PennDot.
Open the Cherry Street crossing from 10AM to 3PM for local deliveries (including trash pickup) Monday thru Friday only.
If school busing is a problem, work with the school board and again use the Ambulance and Fire Co facilities as pickup and dropoff with school guards at the footbridge for children having to cross over between the pickup/dropoff points.
Just a concept to cover the roughly one year (if you believe PennDot) demolition/construction of the bridge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How hot will Columbus be after 100 more years o... 1 hr Randy 6
Balkans hit by fresh flooding; three dead 3 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 11
Dutch Fork Lake back in use after lengthy battl... 5 hr maskedtex 2
When The Power's Out, Solar Panels May Not Keep... 6 hr Solarman 1
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 20 hr ernie banks 439
a Dangerously hot weathera in Southland shows n... Mon Jack D 4
Man in hospital, used stove for heat (Jan '09) Sun maddog2008 118
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weather People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••