USA could see record quiet year for t...

USA could see record quiet year for tornadoes

There are 2 comments on the The Leaf-Chronicle story from Sep 29, 2012, titled USA could see record quiet year for tornadoes. In it, The Leaf-Chronicle reports that:

Two tornadoes spin in Grand Isle, La., in May. One of the tornadoes damaged several homes, but no injuries were reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Leaf-Chronicle.

He who knows

Cicero, IL

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Those flimsy homes! Not even built to withstand 70 mph winds, and then a tornado with winds to only 90 miles per hour damages them, even lifting the entire roof and even the side off one house as if it were made of paper! Whoever must have built those shabby homes probably had stones in their head! They likely used inferior light weight materials (tin, balsa wood, fiber paneling, etc) and did NOT bolt and nail everything together properly.
He who knows

Cicero, IL

#2 Jan 3, 2013
I am, of course, referring to the waterspout/tornado that hit Grand Isle, Louisiana.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Legislators call for NY Rising oversight 32 min water 9
News In Long Beach, a conflict over rental inspections 48 min Donna 1
News Flood damage minimal (Feb '09) 11 hr rural pays 4 urba... 10
News Rain, wind damage Van Wert area 14 hr Thanks 2
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 16 hr Cait 635
News A look at competing math on pools versus lawns 17 hr Master planner 2
News New England's epic winter gives way to unusuall... 19 hr goldstone report 3
More from around the web