Lieberman Meets With Area Soldiers In Iraq

Spec. David Williams, 22, of Boston, had two note cards in his pocket Wednesday afternoon as he waited for Sen. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dave

Cheshire, CT

#1 May 31, 2007
I appreciate Lieberman's respect for the troops; they deserve every bit of it. He took the time to listen to them. I wish he respected constituents of the state and listened to them half as much!
Mac

New Milford, CT

#2 May 31, 2007
Dave wrote:
I appreciate Lieberman's respect for the troops; they deserve every bit of it. He took the time to listen to them. I wish he respected constituents of the state and listened to them half as much!
Well said. He should answer the first question on solider Williams card.
Blame the Parents

Fond Du Lac, WI

#3 May 31, 2007
Dave wake up. Lieberman respects no one but himself and his bid for the white house. Look at his track record! Ran for Vice President AND his senate seat in the same election. That told CT that he didn't give a crap about us. THEN he attempts to run for president in the middle of his term. AGAIN telling CT "I couldn't care less about you". THEN in his primary which he LOST he told us that he would respect the state's decision and not run as an independent only to turn around 3 days later and RUN as an independent. JOE HAS GOT TO GO!
Mac

New Milford, CT

#4 May 31, 2007
Blame the Parents wrote:
Dave wake up. Lieberman respects no one but himself and his bid for the white house. Look at his track record! Ran for Vice President AND his senate seat in the same election. That told CT that he didn't give a crap about us. THEN he attempts to run for president in the middle of his term. AGAIN telling CT "I couldn't care less about you". THEN in his primary which he LOST he told us that he would respect the state's decision and not run as an independent only to turn around 3 days later and RUN as an independent. JOE HAS GOT TO GO!
Connecticut voters are easily fooled. How do we recall him?
Ned

Hartford, CT

#5 May 31, 2007
To bad he didn't get blown up so he could experience just what this war is like.
FAV

Manchester, NH

#6 May 31, 2007
Nice article. The author might heve mentioned the color of the glasses. Also they likely were heavily shaded so he wouldn't have to look a soldier in the eye. This is the sad case of Public Citizen man selling out to this war-mongering establishment. To think I once looked up to this man!
CT Soldier in Iraq

Columbus, OH

#8 May 31, 2007
Wonder if he plans on coming down to Tallil to see the 1048th Medium Truck Company from Connecticut so he can ignore our questions too??
Mick

Tolland, CT

#9 May 31, 2007
The sunglasses must have been a grateful gift from Bush & Cheney for all that Joe has done to support the war from the very beginning when he was leading the charge to his famous remark that there was finally cause for optimism in Iraq after he had been one of those who must have been lying all those times in prior years when he was proclaiming that victory was just around the corner. I wonder if the glasses were rose-colored?

How's this for blind optimism?

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20070423/scheer
Maura

Brooklyn, NY

#10 May 31, 2007
How dare Joe Lieberman lecture these troops and say "it's important that we not lose our will".

"Our" will?

Like he's there risking life and limb every day? Are any his kids -- who all are of age to serve -- over there fighting the war that Daddy thinks is so important? Of course not.

How DARE he talk about "will" when he has sacrificed nothing but other people's lives.
Ben

Haverhill, MA

#11 May 31, 2007
I hope Joe Lieberman reads this article. Doesn't it mean something that the troops on the ground think it's already a disaster?

Lieberman's view of this war is distorted... It's like he hears the opposite in the news....

A news story about 8 U.S. troops getting blown up is understood by Lieberman as 8 U.S. Troops getting a care package. Until he gets a reality check, he'll continue to put more troops in harms way.
DOGMA

Newington, CT

#12 May 31, 2007
Lieberman is a distatefull joke to our soldiers and one has to question the motives associated with his personal and vested interests.
Beyond the drive to aquire frequent flyer miles and well beyond the corporate war-profiteering being delivered, I would be more impressed by our Junior Senator if he were to hold the hand of a mortally wounded soldier and convince him he was dying for a real purpose or cause. Better more, if he were willing to trade places and then actually did so. That would certainly raise the level of my respect for him as a person of worth (presently below the baseline).
Do you wonder if Lieberman ever got the real message, if he would even listen or simply refuse to be confused by the accumulation of facts.
There must be noticable improvement when you merely require a flack-jacket to purchase a pair of sun glasses (rose-colored?). Mission accomplished.
Rich

Hartford, CT

#13 May 31, 2007
Great article. Thank you. Our senator, from a young man opposed to Vietnam young to a lover of this costly, bloody disaster. Doesn't he understand the limits of what is achievable? He's a poor excuse for a political leader...
jesse

Stevenson, CT

#14 May 31, 2007
DOGMA wrote:
Lieberman is a distatefull joke to our soldiers and one has to question the motives associated with his personal and vested interests.
Beyond the drive to aquire frequent flyer miles and well beyond the corporate war-profiteering being delivered, I would be more impressed by our Junior Senator if he were to hold the hand of a mortally wounded soldier and convince him he was dying for a real purpose or cause. Better more, if he were willing to trade places and then actually did so. That would certainly raise the level of my respect for him as a person of worth (presently below the baseline).
Do you wonder if Lieberman ever got the real message, if he would even listen or simply refuse to be confused by the accumulation of facts.
There must be noticable improvement when you merely require a flack-jacket to purchase a pair of sun glasses (rose-colored?). Mission accomplished.
It's all about Isreal with slimey Joe and always has been from the first Gulf War in 1992, to date.
xgolfer

Newington, CT

#15 May 31, 2007
And why is he there - to encourage them to kill more Arabs?? It's the one thing he doesn't waver on.
Clueless

Wayne, NJ

#16 May 31, 2007
Joe Lieberman lied to the voters last fall when he said that we could begin withdrawing the troops. And now he's lying to the troops, telling them that the situation is improving, while the soldiers doing the fighting know that there is no improvement.

If Lieberman truly believes that we can't afford to "lose" the war in Iraq, then he should submit legislation calling for a draft, so that those poor guys over there don't have to be the only ones to face death and maiming.

But that would entail Lieberman's putting his own children at risk. And that would never happen. Of course, the American people, who overwhelmingly oppose this war, would also balk. So it will never happen.

The more Shays and Lieberman travel to Iraq, the more clueless they appear when talking about that senseless war. They've both become parodies of legislators.

It would be funny, if not for the fact that over 29,000 young Americans have been killed and wounded.
Disgusted Taxpayer

Hartford, CT

#17 May 31, 2007
$500 billion and counting is our hard investment so far in Iraq -- billions more in heartache and a lifetime of injuries for many more here at home.

Lieberman's a disgrace -- and his arrogance to be standing among the troops, not really wanting questions, but taking up their time to eat with them -- and then has the audacity as he does all the time, to preach about not losing their will.

Will this SOB ever learn? Well done voters...you chose well. Give Liebernut a cot and gun...tell him to cowboy up in one of the unarmored humvees..love to see that.
Jim Lacey

United States

#18 May 31, 2007
Though most people tend to see only what they want to see and hear only what they want to hear, Senator Joseph Lieberman is a truly extraordinary example of self-imposed inability to see or hear the obvious.
Once a Army Sgt

Carlisle, MA

#19 May 31, 2007
Tell, Congress to return the troop. We did our job there. These people must know show the World that they have the will to fight their own battle since the dictatorship has been toppled. If they choose to let non Iraqi elements ride rough shot over them than they deserve what they get. It time to preserve our Homeland and Security!!!!!!!!!! Bush failed with his policies/history will not be kind.
Mitch

Portland, OR

#20 May 31, 2007
Holy Joe reminds me of my crazy uncle. Absolutely positive in his views, and absolutely wrong every time. And the picture in the flak jacket and helmet is precious. Why did your state elect my crazy uncle to the Senate?
Joe from CT

United States

#21 May 31, 2007
Agree with everybody !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Fed's next land fight: New Mexico ranchers ... (May '14) 2 hr Ralph 28
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 3 hr girl 1,074
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 3 hr RamapoU 495
Russian ruble extends losses 12 hr Just a guy 64
Lake Effect Snow and Bitter Cold Air 13 hr larry 2
Protective Coatings, Decorative Paints and Coat... 16 hr Gerald Vonberger 1
Weird weather lingers in Alaska's largest city Fri Pope Bennie s Closet 1
More from around the web