Pastors Blame Gay Civil Unions and Abortion for Colorado Wildfires

Jul 1, 2013 Full story: EDGE 24

Two conservative pastors took to their radio show last week to try to figure out why wildfires are currently destroying forests in Colorado Springs, Colo.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#1 Jul 1, 2013
I blame the reckless hostility of religion

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#2 Jul 1, 2013
Because it's natures way of clearing dead debris and clearing the way for new growth.

Since: Jul 13

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Jul 1, 2013
Wow, any opportunity for them to keep pushing their "God's gonna get you for that" mentality. They obviously don't know anything about nature, which is ironic. These wildfires are a natural occurrence and have been happening for thousands of years. It's just that people now live in the way and we have to pay the price for it sometimes. God is not punishing us! Get over it!

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#4 Jul 1, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Because it's natures way of clearing dead debris and clearing the way for new growth.
WOW. That means the Democrats are next.

Since: Feb 09

Southern California

#5 Jul 1, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
NO ! Thats too obvious and reasonable.

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#6 Jul 1, 2013
So God gets pissed and and starts fires. God, apparently, is Carrie.

If God is pissed off at the gays or people who perform abortions why not just smite the gays and the people who perform abortions? No confusion..no interpretation needed.

But no...s/he has to be "mysterious" and start random fires killing innocent animals and killing 19 firefighters the vast majority of whom were probably heterosexual and never performed an abortion in their lives.

Now I may be going out on a limb here but something doesn't seem quite right with that logic.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#7 Jul 1, 2013
KirkW wrote:
So God gets pissed and and starts fires. God, apparently, is Carrie.
If God is pissed off at the gays or people who perform abortions why not just smite the gays and the people who perform abortions? No confusion..no interpretation needed.
But no...s/he has to be "mysterious" and start random fires killing innocent animals and killing 19 firefighters the vast majority of whom were probably heterosexual and never performed an abortion in their lives.
Now I may be going out on a limb here but something doesn't seem quite right with that logic.
I'm a church-going Christian. Religion, of whatever denomination or kind, has nothing to do with logic.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#8 Jul 1, 2013
Has Focus on Family headquarters been burned to a crisp yet?
Friar Clandestine

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Jul 1, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
Has Focus on Family headquarters been burned to a crisp yet?
GOD is saving that HIS Grand Finale
Sir Andrew

Honolulu, HI

#10 Jul 1, 2013
Them durned homasecksuals. Why can't they just stay in the closet so we don't have no natural disasters at all? Surely God wouldn't allow hurricanes to hit the US of A if we had no homos.

Now the real comment: I wish I knew whether these guys actually believe the crap they spew. I can't decide whether they are stupid or merely slick and conniving. I suspect it's B. I also wonder how many people actually believe these guys.
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#11 Jul 1, 2013
It's too bad that all homosexuals are born of heterosexual relationships. Oh, dear, what to do now? Ban heterosexuality?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#12 Jul 1, 2013
Sir Andrew wrote:
Them durned homasecksuals. Why can't they just stay in the closet so we don't have no natural disasters at all? Surely God wouldn't allow hurricanes to hit the US of A if we had no homos.
Now the real comment: I wish I knew whether these guys actually believe the crap they spew. I can't decide whether they are stupid or merely slick and conniving. I suspect it's B. I also wonder how many people actually believe these guys.
What's in it for you, Mrs Gallagher?

A living.
BIG BODACIOUS BRUCE

Anonymous Proxy

#13 Jul 1, 2013
Juanpaul wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy smokes dude how long have you been rotting away from AIDS?
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#14 Jul 1, 2013
It's funny how God's wildfire destruction in Colorado against gays and abortion affected the homes of Colorado Springs. A population of mostly evangelical christians
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#15 Jul 1, 2013
BIG BODACIOUS BRUCE wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy smokes dude how long have you been rotting away from AIDS?
He looks healthy to me. Maybe you should have your eyes and your HIV status checked, since the eyes are one of the first organs to go.
The Troll Stopper

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Jul 1, 2013
Juanpaul wrote:
<quoted text>NO ! Thats too obvious and reasonable.
Hey you sickly looking pervert, put your shirt back on. You look like death warmed over.
Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Jul 1, 2013
The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you sickly looking pervert, put your shirt back on. You look like death warmed over.
Pepper; are you lookin' at nekkid gay guys again?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#18 Jul 1, 2013
Juanpaul wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.....sometimes I just can't help myself......lol!!!

Since: Jan 08

Chachoengsao, Thailand

#19 Jul 1, 2013
The really bad thing about his "prediction" is that there are so many fools who will believe him. What is it about human nature and stupidity?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#20 Jul 1, 2013
Dubya wrote:
The really bad thing about his "prediction" is that there are so many fools who will believe him. What is it about human nature and stupidity?
Do ya want the long version? or the short response? My guess is that for some people......stupid just doesn't hurt near enough........and some are so blind that they don't care about the truth or facts, just what supplies them with money and no questions about how they spend it!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Nino may bring drought to Tonga 6 hr jestr 1
Calif. Woman Fined for Saving Water 10 hr Here Is One 3
Body of Texas sheriff's deputy found in lake 12 hr paddyomalley 1
How hot will Columbus be after 100 more years o... 12 hr DadGum 7
Enjoy your winter holidays in Dubai Fri zennyloen 1
First Concrete Poured At Gnarly New Attraction ... (Oct '10) Fri Peter Simmons 8
New hurricane heads toward... Fri rollo 1
•••

Weather People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••