Shiveluch Volcano Eruption 01112013

Jan 21, 2013 Full story: Space.com

With more than 300 volcanoes crowded into a finger of land roughly the size of California, Russia's Kamchatka peninsula is home to the world's highest concentration of active volcanoes.

Read more

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Jan 23, 2013
Lovely pictures.

I especially liked the red dot on Tolbachik which appears to be a skylight type lava lake,(with lava flowing beneath and emerging @ another vent as a flow with a window of molten lava continually replenished by turbulence in a former crater open to the air traversed by a fissure).

The much vaunted slowly extruding lava flow on the NE.flank of the Shiveluch lava dome is difficult to see in the pic & appears to be a "blob" type flow.

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Volcanic Eruption Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Snowy Northeast To Get Brief Thaw Before Cold W... Mar 25 Carlos Burle Port... 1
News New Island Off Pakistan's Coast May Not... (Sep '13) Mar 16 Hamad 3
News Chilean Volcano Goes Quiet After Overnight Erup... Mar 5 active 1
News Volcano Villarrica erupts in southern Chile, vi... Mar 4 Tom 1
News Villarrica volcano erupts in southern Chile, th... Mar 4 Tom 1
News Impressive Lava Fountain as Villarrica Erupts i... Mar 4 3000 thousand-eva... 1
News Chile on alert as volcano spews smoke and ash Mar 4 3000 thousand-eva... 1
More from around the web