A year after black teen's death, town is healing

Full story: WDBO-AM Orlando
One year after the shooting of an unarmed black teenager thrust this small central Florida city into the national spotlight, life in Sanford is returning to its regular rhythm. Full Story

“Celery City Critic”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 24, 2013
That's not to say things have gotten any better.A different police chief now.And all the community activists have settled back into complacency.The community is still as polarized as it was.If a jury couldn't convict someone like Casey Anthony,do you really expect Zimmerman to get more than a slap on the wrist?
William Joyce

Marion, NC

#2 Feb 24, 2013
Johnboy109 wrote:
That's not to say things have gotten any better.A different police chief now.And all the community activists have settled back into complacency.The community is still as polarized as it was.If a jury couldn't convict someone like Casey Anthony,do you really expect Zimmerman to get more than a slap on the wrist?
Should not even get that for dispatching a feral negro thug. More like a testimonial dinner.
George Wallace

Lees Summit, MO

#3 Feb 25, 2013
Healing---Healing from what?????????
kraker

United States

#5 Aug 30, 2013
William Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>Should not even get that for dispatching a feral negro thug. More like a testimonial dinner.
i agree. i was never hurt in the first place...i think zimmerman did an excellent job and deserves a medal.
bannedagain3

Lexington, SC

#6 Aug 31, 2013
kraker wrote:
<quoted text> i agree. i was never hurt in the first place...i think zimmerman did an excellent job and deserves a medal.
Zimmerman should be names Man of the year in Sanford He is probably the best community organizer in Sanford After all isn't getting rid of scum part of organizing a good community?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'They Deserved It': The Repulsive Reaction to B... 5 min LEO 477 21
Political figures clash after slaying of NYPD o... 23 min Tro Olla Smash Ola 29
Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting 41 min nobody 3
Murder trial gets underway in Blytheville 3 hr well 7
Judge denies Ruark's probation bid (Feb '08) 6 hr TrueLoveNeverEnd 20
D.C. police arrest two suspects in unrelated sh... 7 hr PERVY 1
Hundreds march to protest recent grad jury deci... 9 hr Praxis33 8
More from around the web