Shiprock man detained on murder charge

A Shiprock man is in federal custody following the shooting death of a 28-year-old man. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dapoleesh

Kayenta, AZ

#21 Dec 24, 2010
Sic wrote:
<quoted text>
The best thing to do when you are corners or in trouble is to blame someone else for your corrupted behavior. The Navajo Government is not in the busy to control the behaviors, attitudes, and disciplines of individuals or off-springs. Those responsibilities rests with the parents at the home level. I do not believe bad roads or water or the givings of mother nature has anything to do with the beating, murders, robbers, rapes and stealing. The mother nature's givings should not be taken for granted and try to live in luxuries and convenience. I understand the ill and greedy behavior of the so-called elected Navajo leaders. They are not fiduciarily responsible, nor how to manage tribal funds, but rather chose to misappropriate money for themselves. They have lived that type of life and ignorant Navajo contiuents continue to vote them back in.
Although I agree with you on some of your comments about parental involvement in a childs growth and development. If you looked at some research Poverty and Lack of an Economy equal crime, destitution, murder, rape, etc....in numbers that are far more prevalent in in poor societies. I can guarantee you the more financial endowed societies and people dont murder and kill each other in numbers equal to the way poor people kill or steal from each other.
Shiprock Mad Man

Chinle, AZ

#22 Dec 24, 2010
we are a third world country alright....who's to blame? parents, NN government, non-navajos? I would venture to say, it's our government; ignorant navajos voting in uneducation or even educated leaders that do NOT care about anything but themselves; that's the main reason why we are a third world country..great leadership sparks attention to the rest of the rez communities, now people see there is hope and they to will began a march to get out of the third world mentality. Our government is at the front and that is why all these bad things are happening on our rez, get it??
lol

Albuquerque, NM

#23 Dec 24, 2010
lol wrote:
so the person in the back room slept (yeah ok) through the whole thing
You don't believe that? Obviously you've never seen or dealt with a drunk, passed out native before. They drink themselves to unconsciousness, to a near coma sort of state. You'll find them passed out in 10 degree weather outside, lying in ant piles, all kinds of wicked shit. It takes more than loud sounds to get em up. You usually gotta kick em in the ribs...a lot...
Whitey White

United States

#24 Dec 24, 2010
LADY DURANGO wrote:
what is happening to our People? we never use to have murders in our communities, and our own killing. it's very sad to read about another navajo being held on murder charges. somehow it doesn't seem right from a traditionl stand point. alcohol and weapons never mix well....
It's called assimilation.
observer

Rio Rancho, NM

#25 Dec 25, 2010
Dr Greenthumb wrote:
I love how they said they were drinking and smoking pot.....Im sure they will blame the murder on marijuana now
10 bucks says they were also out of work dropouts Too!
asdhlfkyweiuanvm

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Dec 25, 2010
Teach your kids- why expect the government, teachers or others to teach them for you. As a parent, you are the child's first teacher so don't run a long line of excuses. One is in control of their own destiny. If you want to get out of poverty you have to work hard to improve one's life. Most of all get an education! As you well know there's nothing on the rez.
chief bowels

Kayenta, AZ

#27 Dec 26, 2010
My Comment wrote:
At that age, an adult male person, should be mature about the life they are going to be leading in the positive direction if brought up/reared right, disciplined in their early life by their parents. They should be thinking about a home, family, employed with good income, what happened to the parents? Hazhoo'ii. Wake up parents, your children need your attention and don't just self indulge. Don't go around pointing fingers at other people.
I do believe your words are long forgotten by these savages. Next we'll all hear about
things alot worse than what you've read here. This is just the beginning of the end!
5 Star World Class

Salt Lake City, UT

#28 Dec 27, 2010
chief bowels wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe your words are long forgotten by these savages. Next we'll all hear about
things alot worse than what you've read here. This is just the beginning of the end!
Dine' are becoming more like US citizens. How sad if they lose their culture, traditional oral teachings, respect for relatives and older ones. Like the previous post, assimilation is evolving.

nighthawk

United States

#29 Dec 27, 2010
who in the f**k brought the booze and the guns and everything..?i would have been better off in a deer skin robe and a bow and arrows..!!
nighthawk

United States

#30 Dec 27, 2010
chief bowels wrote:
<quoted text>
who are you calling savages ill savage your a** alright>.!!!
never mislead the wise

United States

#31 Jan 31, 2013
its all about money n power..drugs are main reason people are killed..shiprock police are raciest and full of their own shit.. people get away with everything..but i pray for each one of them on judgment day.
NN Watchdawg

Farmington, NM

#32 Feb 4, 2013
Sic wrote:
<quoted text>
The best thing to do when you are corners or in trouble is to blame someone else for your corrupted behavior. The Navajo Government is not in the busy to control the behaviors, attitudes, and disciplines of individuals or off-springs. Those responsibilities rests with the parents at the home level. I do not believe bad roads or water or the givings of mother nature has anything to do with the beating, murders, robbers, rapes and stealing. The mother nature's givings should not be taken for granted and try to live in luxuries and convenience. I understand the ill and greedy behavior of the so-called elected Navajo leaders. They are not fiduciarily responsible, nor how to manage tribal funds, but rather chose to misappropriate money for themselves. They have lived that type of life and ignorant Navajo contiuents continue to vote them back in.
You hit the nail right dead in the head about our so called leaders!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder Charges Bound To Grand Jury Against Jess... 4 hr chickie0218 11
Erie police seek answers in city's latest homicide 4 hr Barack Obola 8
Ferguson police chief: 'I'm going to stay' 7 hr Tysean Jackson 4
Feds, state, locals duke it out over Ferguson i... 7 hr Tysean Jackson 7
James Holmes attorney admits to mistakes in pre... 8 hr Glen_B 6
Darren Wilson's account of Michael Brown shooti... 21 hr neveratfault 157
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 21 hr Righteous 3,566

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE