Shiprock man detained on murder charge

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

A Shiprock man is in federal custody following the shooting death of a 28-year-old man.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Local Resident

Chinle, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

It is sad to hear that this happened so close to our home. Mesa View Housing No.10 has been causing many problems in the past before. I've always seen and heard people partying, drinking, yelling and fighting at this home. Police have been seen there quite often making arrests. The owner of House No.10 has never done nothing and very much let this continue for too long. The NHA and Shiprock Police have not done much to isolate this problem before it grew to what it is now. Im not surprised to hear about what happen because something bad was bound to happen. It is very sad to hear that two young native americans lives are ruined over something that could of been avoided but instead exploded. If you didnt know both men were friends but alcohol and drugs can change anything and everything. I hope this is a wake up call for the community, NHA and Shiprock Police. Small problems shouldnt be ignored because later on they become bigger problems. This was a senseless disappointing murder. My prayers go to the victims family.
XXX

Towaoc, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

Two down, but this place still isn't safe.
Concerned

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

First off my prayers go to the victim's family. Wait till everyone teases him in prison...
Sic

Window Rock, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

And these conflicting and violent families have converted to Christians and they openly self-proclaim themselves as Christians. They abandoned the close knit ties and teachings of maintaining respectable Navajo families.
bottom ash

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

Too much Firewater. Get shot for teasing. Wow, what is up with these Navajo. What happens on the Rez, Stays on the Rez. Don't bring it to F-Town. Leave it down in Shiprock. Please.
Evol1

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

bottom ash wrote:
Too much Firewater. Get shot for teasing. Wow, what is up with these Navajo. What happens on the Rez, Stays on the Rez. Don't bring it to F-Town. Leave it down in Shiprock. Please.
Bottom ash where you living .. Crime, death , alcohol and drugs are everywhere not just on the reservation ... GET OUT OF YOUR BUBBLE !!!
Its EVERYWHERE

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

bottom ash wrote:
Puhleeeeeze ..... this happens everywhere, not just on the rez. This type of violence and killing is nothing new there in San Juan County. I know several innocent victims whose lives ended for stupidity of the killer. Like the previous post, where do you live or where have you been? Violent death is not new to Shiprock, Waterflow, Farmington, and all SJC, nor on the rez.

Shooter's excuse: I don't know what happened. I was in a blackout. It's because I was drunk and high. Yeah, right, heard that one before--a million times.

I'm sorry for both families, especially Ashike family.
DEVIANT

Tuba City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Sic wrote:
And these conflicting and violent families have converted to Christians and they openly self-proclaim themselves as Christians. They abandoned the close knit ties and teachings of maintaining respectable Navajo families.
hahaa........and YOUR point IS????
Evol1

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Sic wrote:
What in the world are you saying ???
GACuster

Window Rock, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

DEVIANT wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaa........and YOUR point IS????
I think his/her point is that self-appointed or self-made Christians are corrupted and prong to violence by maiming, killing and harming your own kind. The teachings against these violences was instilled in young ones as they are reared by their respected parents and grandparents. Another words, as Navajo, you do not kill, maim or injure your own kind, especially your kins.
Dapoleesh

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

Local Resident wrote:
It is sad to hear that this happened so close to our home. Mesa View Housing No.10 has been causing many problems in the past before. I've always seen and heard people partying, drinking, yelling and fighting at this home. Police have been seen there quite often making arrests. The owner of House No.10 has never done nothing and very much let this continue for too long. The NHA and Shiprock Police have not done much to isolate this problem before it grew to what it is now. Im not surprised to hear about what happen because something bad was bound to happen. It is very sad to hear that two young native americans lives are ruined over something that could of been avoided but instead exploded. If you didnt know both men were friends but alcohol and drugs can change anything and everything. I hope this is a wake up call for the community, NHA and Shiprock Police. Small problems shouldnt be ignored because later on they become bigger problems. This was a senseless disappointing murder. My prayers go to the victims family.
This tragedy is only a part of the community's, NHA, or Shiprock Police's problem...The main culprit in this problem is the Navajo Nation Governement and CD's.....The reason? This problem is what occurs daily in 3rd world nations such as ours i.e. Rawanda, Somalia, Congo, North Korea etc....These 3rd world nation government's are CORRUPT to no end. They exist only to serve themselves (CD's). The common citizens in these corrupt nations suffer at the expense of the governments lack of providing adequate security, housing, economy, jobs, roads, food, etc....We live within the borders of the GREATEST COUNTRY on the PLANET and the NN government still CAN NOT get WATER or a ROAD to grandma's house???? That should speak volumes to you about why our citizens murder, rob, rape, beat, and steal from each other. WE ARE A 3rd WORLD NATION!
My Comment

Window Rock, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

At that age, an adult male person, should be mature about the life they are going to be leading in the positive direction if brought up/reared right, disciplined in their early life by their parents. They should be thinking about a home, family, employed with good income, what happened to the parents? Hazhoo'ii. Wake up parents, your children need your attention and don't just self indulge. Don't go around pointing fingers at other people.
OMG

Chinle, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

GACuster wrote:
<quoted text>
I think his/her point is that self-appointed or self-made Christians are corrupted and prong to violence by maiming, killing and harming your own kind. The teachings against these violences was instilled in young ones as they are reared by their respected parents and grandparents. Another words, as Navajo, you do not kill, maim or injure your own kind, especially your kins.
It was a HOLY WAR!
LADY DURANGO

Durango, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

what is happening to our People? we never use to have murders in our communities, and our own killing. it's very sad to read about another navajo being held on murder charges. somehow it doesn't seem right from a traditionl stand point. alcohol and weapons never mix well....
Dr Greenthumb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

I love how they said they were drinking and smoking pot.....Im sure they will blame the murder on marijuana now

Since: Oct 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

Dr Greenthumb wrote:
I love how they said they were drinking and smoking pot.....Im sure they will blame the murder on marijuana now
but of course... no one can be held accountable for their own actions, it's always because of something or someone else....
Idiots one and all

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

So much for the theory about no one ever dying from smoking marijuana!

Since: Oct 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Idiots one and all wrote:
So much for the theory about no one ever dying from smoking marijuana!
See what I mean? Blame it on somethin' else..
lol

Raeford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

so the person in the back room slept (yeah ok) through the whole thing
Sic

Window Rock, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Dapoleesh wrote:
<quoted text> This tragedy is only a part of the community's, NHA, or Shiprock Police's problem...The main culprit in this problem is the Navajo Nation Governement and CD's.....The reason? This problem is what occurs daily in 3rd world nations such as ours i.e. Rawanda, Somalia, Congo, North Korea etc....These 3rd world nation government's are CORRUPT to no end. They exist only to serve themselves (CD's). The common citizens in these corrupt nations suffer at the expense of the governments lack of providing adequate security, housing, economy, jobs, roads, food, etc....We live within the borders of the GREATEST COUNTRY on the PLANET and the NN government still CAN NOT get WATER or a ROAD to grandma's house???? That should speak volumes to you about why our citizens murder, rob, rape, beat, and steal from each other. WE ARE A 3rd WORLD NATION!
The best thing to do when you are corners or in trouble is to blame someone else for your corrupted behavior. The Navajo Government is not in the busy to control the behaviors, attitudes, and disciplines of individuals or off-springs. Those responsibilities rests with the parents at the home level. I do not believe bad roads or water or the givings of mother nature has anything to do with the beating, murders, robbers, rapes and stealing. The mother nature's givings should not be taken for granted and try to live in luxuries and convenience. I understand the ill and greedy behavior of the so-called elected Navajo leaders. They are not fiduciarily responsible, nor how to manage tribal funds, but rather chose to misappropriate money for themselves. They have lived that type of life and ignorant Navajo contiuents continue to vote them back in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Violent Crime Forum right now

Search the Violent Crime Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blood on the Fourth of July 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Lawyer for sole suspect in slaying of Paterson ... 2 hr tagafag 1
Man, 24, Charged In Connection With N. Mpls. Sh... 3 hr Bellweather 11
Lawyers slam police in Valdez trial (Nov '08) 12 hr MzRoze 46
Landmark Bennington lumberyard closing 19 hr markey the masshole 1
Warrick prosecutor files charges against murder... Thu Craig 20
Teen's shooting leads to gang sweep in Hainesville (Jun '12) Wed Village wanderer 6
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••