Fayetteville Attorney To Face Accesso...

Fayetteville Attorney To Face Accessory Charge In Connection With New ...

There are 62 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Jan 2, 2014, titled Fayetteville Attorney To Face Accessory Charge In Connection With New .... In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Charleston police said they are charging a Fayetteville attorney with being an accessory in connection with a New Year's Day downtown shooting in the capital city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

citizen

Mount Hope, WV

#62 Jan 6, 2014
y was he arraigned in Fayette county?
Walter

Hurricane, WV

#63 Jan 6, 2014
citizen wrote:
y was he arraigned in Fayette county?
Perhaps a state warrant was issued for his arrest?
Rocky

Ashburn, VA

#64 Jan 6, 2014
what a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Melissa is about as classy as MIley Cirus! What a classy woman to leave her husband and move far enough away that she hardly ever gets to see her daughter ....classy. And Cammie has a real career, a degree, and real social life outside of Jamie. She could live comfortably without Jamie's support financially or otherwise. However, they are very much in love and were very happy. The crime obviously had nothing to do with either of them. Give it a rest
Okay Cammie, you are the classiest. Bahahaha
Simple bystander

United States

#65 Jan 6, 2014
So I just wasted about ten minutes of my life reading all the stupidly on this site...after this I am dumb trying to educate you idiots. The argument started when the "victims" girlfriend punched Conrade's wife because she thought he was giving her his number when really it was the number to papa johns. I find it funny that the police refuse to release that part of the video even though that is the beginning of everything..let's see how that plays in court..can you say withholding evidence. If the video you can see Conrade's wife holding her face at the beginning of the video and then being led out by Underwoods wife. If you watch the full video posted by the charleston gazette (the only non edited video I have seen so far) you can clearly see underwood trying to hold the door and get a all of his party out and away from the situation when the "victim" try's to follow Conrade and Underwood try's to block him. Underwood never never raised a hand a first it was the "victim" that first put his hands on Underwood. Also you can clearly see that underwood is knocked over and the "victim" hits him in the back. Also if you watch the video closely you can see the "victims" arms swinging down on the edge of the video. If the "victim" was truly on the bottom being held down then how is that possible??? Also look at the angle of the shot..it went straight down grazing his shoulder and hit his leg..once again this would not have been achievable if Underwood had been on top holding him down. The truth is everyone is trying to ruin two innocent men's life because they love the drama and believe everything that the news reports even though every single news story was different (many being complete lies). Both men are upstanding citizens with families to support and their whole lives have been ruined by this senseless witch hunt while the people that started the whole thing have walked away free of charges...I saw we demand that the police press charges against both the "victim" and his girlfriend for assult and battery. Also did everyone know the "life threatening injurys" the "victim" had that he was treated at CAMC and released the next day....hmmm really serious huh
what

Charleston, WV

#66 Jan 6, 2014
Simple bystander wrote:
So I just wasted about ten minutes of my life reading all the stupidly on this site...after this I am dumb trying to educate you idiots. The argument started when the "victims" girlfriend punched Conrade's wife because she thought he was giving her his number when really it was the number to papa johns. I find it funny that the police refuse to release that part of the video even though that is the beginning of everything..let's see how that plays in court..can you say withholding evidence. If the video you can see Conrade's wife holding her face at the beginning of the video and then being led out by Underwoods wife. If you watch the full video posted by the charleston gazette (the only non edited video I have seen so far) you can clearly see underwood trying to hold the door and get a all of his party out and away from the situation when the "victim" try's to follow Conrade and Underwood try's to block him. Underwood never never raised a hand a first it was the "victim" that first put his hands on Underwood. Also you can clearly see that underwood is knocked over and the "victim" hits him in the back. Also if you watch the video closely you can see the "victims" arms swinging down on the edge of the video. If the "victim" was truly on the bottom being held down then how is that possible??? Also look at the angle of the shot..it went straight down grazing his shoulder and hit his leg..once again this would not have been achievable if Underwood had been on top holding him down. The truth is everyone is trying to ruin two innocent men's life because they love the drama and believe everything that the news reports even though every single news story was different (many being complete lies). Both men are upstanding citizens with families to support and their whole lives have been ruined by this senseless witch hunt while the people that started the whole thing have walked away free of charges...I saw we demand that the police press charges against both the "victim" and his girlfriend for assult and battery. Also did everyone know the "life threatening injurys" the "victim" had that he was treated at CAMC and released the next day....hmmm really serious huh
You are correct about ONE thing - you are indeed SIMPLE
We watched the video - we can see what happened. The "girl fight" that happened beforehand really doesn't matter. What matters is what we saw on the video - apparently you are a friend of Underwood's and or Conrad's, because your play by play is twisted.
How about you have Underwood shoot you in the shoulder and let us all know how it feels.
Rocky

Ashburn, VA

#67 Jan 6, 2014
Simple bystander wrote:
You are "dumb" trying to educate idiots? LOL. You were involved in a trashy altercation on video. Who gets the Miley Cyrus Award??? That would be you dear...
Steve

Mount Hope, WV

#69 Jan 7, 2014
Simple bystander wrote:
You are an absolute moron. Nearly everything you said is a fabrication of your imagination.
central scrutinzer wv

Hockessin, DE

#70 Jan 7, 2014
The so called "victim" is the aggressor in my opinion based on what I saw on the video. His actions escalated the situation.

The victim wanted to kick some ass but the situation backfired on him, literally.

If I was attacked like that, in that moment, I'm not thinking "how is this going to play in the media". I'm thinking..."get him before he gets me!"

The "victim" was looking for trouble and found it.
Steve

Mount Hope, WV

#72 Jan 7, 2014
central scrutinzer wv wrote:
The so called "victim" is the aggressor in my opinion based on what I saw on the video. His actions escalated the situation.
The victim wanted to kick some ass but the situation backfired on him, literally.
If I was attacked like that, in that moment, I'm not thinking "how is this going to play in the media". I'm thinking..."get him before he gets me!"
The "victim" was looking for trouble and found it.
I don't know what video you watched because it wasn't the same one that I saw that has been released. You are making stuff up. "The victim wanted to kick some ass...", conjecture. You're creating your own fiction. He was clearly trying to get everyone in the Conrad party to leave so the argument would be over. However, Underwood stepped in at the door and it escalated.

None of that matters though because you simply cannot shoot anybody in this scenario. We can see what is happening. It is a shoving match; nobody is even going to be bruised during this altercation. However a gun is pulled out due to unreasonable fear (the same fear that motivates somebody to carry a gun to a New Year's party) and somebody is shot.

Who in their right mind can defend that? I think the only people that defend the shooter are his personal friends and family, gun nuts, and people that are terrified of their own shadow and feel the desire to shoot someone any time they are startled.

I don't know which is worse. Somebody shoots another over a minor skirmish or that after watching it on video some people think it is fine to act that way. America land of the free home of the stupid. We need more guns!
central scrutinzer wv

Hockessin, DE

#73 Jan 7, 2014
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know what video you watched because it wasn't the same one that I saw that has been released. You are making stuff up. "The victim wanted to kick some ass...", conjecture. You're creating your own fiction. He was clearly trying to get everyone in the Conrad party to leave so the argument would be over. However, Underwood stepped in at the door and it escalated.

None of that matters though because you simply cannot shoot anybody in this scenario. We can see what is happening. It is a shoving match; nobody is even going to be bruised during this altercation. However a gun is pulled out due to unreasonable fear (the same fear that motivates somebody to carry a gun to a New Year's party) and somebody is shot.

Who in their right mind can defend that? I think the only people that defend the shooter are his personal friends and family, gun nuts, and people that are terrified of their own shadow and feel the desire to shoot someone any time they are startled.

I don't know which is worse. Somebody shoots another over a minor skirmish or that after watching it on video some people think it is fine to act that way. America land of the free home of the stupid. We need more guns!
I don't know any if the parties involved.

I watched the video several times. Just stating what I see in the video.

I do think that shooting someone isn't called for in any situation that doesn't involve deadly force from the aggressor. I don't see deadly force.

I don't have a problem with the shooter being held while this is sorted out legally. But, I think the victim should probably be charged as well.

I'm not sure the lawyer should be charged with anything but stupidity. Yeah he effed up and his ethics are in question, but what law was broken but being unethical? His public service career is over as it should be. I also potentially agree with the disbarment if he did breach the ethical code.

Alcohol fueled judgement, effin idiots
wzup doc

Culloden, WV

#74 Jan 9, 2014
central scrutinzer wv wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know any if the parties involved.
I watched the video several times. Just stating what I see in the video.
I do think that shooting someone isn't called for in any situation that doesn't involve deadly force from the aggressor. I don't see deadly force.
I don't have a problem with the shooter being held while this is sorted out legally. But, I think the victim should probably be charged as well.
I'm not sure the lawyer should be charged with anything but stupidity. Yeah he effed up and his ethics are in question, but what law was broken but being unethical? His public service career is over as it should be. I also potentially agree with the disbarment if he did breach the ethical code.
Alcohol fueled judgement, effin idiots
I watched the video on WV Metro News several times too, and I agree with you.

Charlie couldn't let the situation go, running that mouth, along with Jamie too. Mike appears to be minding his own, he walks away from the ongoing mouthing between the fat dark-haired chick, Charlie, and Jamie. He walks over to the doc and crying chick to check on them, then to the door. Charlie follows them to the door then pushes Mike, game on after that.

Any good attorney will use this video in Mike's defense as it shows Charlie throwing down first.
Me Next

Culloden, WV

#75 Jan 9, 2014
Yeah....surveillance video opinions!! Me next!

1. The fat girl rockin' the side pony tail with brown hair should be charged with excessive mouth running and keeping the pot stirred.

2. The lawyer in the black coat on his cell phone should also be charged with excessive mouth running and keeping the pot stirred.

3. The Scott dude in the blue and white stripped shirt should be charged with thinking he's a bada$$ when he has too much to drink, excessive mouth running, stirring the pot, initiating a fight, and participating in a fight.

4. The chunky dude, Underwood, is charged correctly because he should have never shot the Scott dude in the first place - no threat!

5. The chunky blonde with the ugly dress should be charged with initiating a fight and participating in a fight with the side pony tail girl.

My hat off to the two guys who patiently stood by while their idiot friends acted like morons. Special kudos to the shaved head fellow for being able to finish his slice of pizza before all hell broke lose. Oh, and kudos to his lady friend who sat on the bench and just observed the stupidity!
Walter

Hurricane, WV

#76 Jan 9, 2014
Has anyone identified the fat woman with the dark hair?
It really looks like her actions set the whole thing off.
Casual observer

Hockessin, DE

#77 Jan 9, 2014
Walter wrote:
Has anyone identified the fat woman with the dark hair?
It really looks like her actions set the whole thing off.
She's Charlie's girlfriend. And she's not fat. And she kicked the crap out of that blonde with the ugly dress.
Bubba

United States

#78 Jan 9, 2014
Me Next wrote:
Yeah....surveillance video opinions!! Me next!
1. The fat girl rockin' the side pony tail with brown hair should be charged with excessive mouth running and keeping the pot stirred.
2. The lawyer in the black coat on his cell phone should also be charged with excessive mouth running and keeping the pot stirred.
3. The Scott dude in the blue and white stripped shirt should be charged with thinking he's a bada$$ when he has too much to drink, excessive mouth running, stirring the pot, initiating a fight, and participating in a fight.
4. The chunky dude, Underwood, is charged correctly because he should have never shot the Scott dude in the first place - no threat!
5. The chunky blonde with the ugly dress should be charged with initiating a fight and participating in a fight with the side pony tail girl.
My hat off to the two guys who patiently stood by while their idiot friends acted like morons. Special kudos to the shaved head fellow for being able to finish his slice of pizza before all hell broke lose. Oh, and kudos to his lady friend who sat on the bench and just observed the stupidity!
1. The fat girl rockin' the side pony tail with brown hair should be charged with excessive mouth running and trying to stand up for her rights.
2. The lawyer in the black coat on his cell phone should also be charged with excessive ignorance for bringing a overweight bully with a gun to Charleston.
3. The Scott dude in the blue and white stripped shirt should be charged with protecting his bad a$$ partner when he has had too much to drink, excessive mouth running, stirring the pot, initiating a fight, and participating in a fight.
4. The chunky dude, Underwood, is charged correctly and should be locked up because he never should have been issued a gun permit and is a threat to the public.
5. The chunky blonde with the ugly dress should be charged with initiating a fight and impersonating Tonya Harding. No ice arena at the Ramada.
My hatís off to the two guys who patiently stood by while their idiot friends acted like morons.
Special kudos to Danny Jones and the Charleston police department.
UOTE]
Walter

Hurricane, WV

#79 Jan 9, 2014
Casual observer wrote:
<quoted text>
She's Charlie's girlfriend. And she's not fat. And she kicked the crap out of that blonde with the ugly dress.
Hell, she probably had a 40 lb edge on the blonde.
She also didn't have to worry much about her appearance after the fight.
Walter

Hurricane, WV

#80 Jan 10, 2014
Has anyone seen a list of all the people in the video of the incident?
wake up

Oak Hill, WV

#85 Jan 15, 2014
Simple bystander wrote:
IF YOU BELIEVE CAMMIE HAS A PHONE # FOR A PIZZA PLACE, you are a fool, that girl ain't swallowed SOLID FOOD IN YEARS.
justsayin

Oak Hill, WV

#87 Jan 18, 2014
Wow what a bunch of judgmental people! I don't come on here but I had heard of the comments. They have a family. Leave it to the lawyers and judges it is there job. How about you get off topix and do some work and then you could become successful instead if being jealous of someone else's. PS: what you speak of others speaks of your own character
Rocky

Ashburn, VA

#88 Jan 18, 2014
justsayin wrote:
Wow what a bunch of judgmental people! I don't come on here but I had heard of the comments. They have a family. Leave it to the lawyers and judges it is there job. How about you get off topix and do some work and then you could become successful instead if being jealous of someone else's. PS: what you speak of others speaks of your own character
My success or lack of success has nothing to do with how I feel. I am comfortable with being middle class, thank you. If someone is in the public eye and represents our community, he has an ethical obligation to carry himself respectfully. If anyone passes judgement on what was seen on video or the duck-face picture, then he will just have to toughen up and take responsibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America's deadliest shooting incidents are gett... 28 min INFIDEL 466
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 1 hr anonz 2,057
News Supreme Court temporarily halts Alabama execution 5 hr Stephen D Clark 3
News Spate of homicides puts Columbus in a season of... Thu Neighbor 7
News Fox Lake men say they were detained illegally d... Wed Irish Willie 11
News Manhunt is on (Aug '06) Wed Marty OBrien 6
News Suspect In Decker Lane Murder Turns Himself In (Sep '07) Oct 17 Farts Candy 37
More from around the web