Shooting in suburban West Palm Beach strip club injures two

There are 20 comments on the Dec 14, 2013, South Florida Sun-Sentinel story titled Shooting in suburban West Palm Beach strip club injures two. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Two persons were shot inside a suburban West Palm Beach strip club early Saturday, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Theo

Miami, FL

#166 Jan 7, 2014
Heidi maybe things will change but it is either going to be a change in the police deciding too many crimes originating in these places needs to cease. Or the people frequenting these places decide they don't want to risk their health and life at these places. From my experience alot of people going to these places are pretty rough characters. Maybe the police feel at least they know where all the crooks are I think people not wanting to risk their health and life would go somewhere not so sinister and on the dark side. Most of us would not be comfortable in places like this.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#167 Jan 7, 2014
Heidi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a confession too make. I do NOT cut paste copy link that well! I do not even text! I am a "land-line" kind of girl, give me a phone and I will burn up the lines and the only reason my posts are long sometimes is that I type 87 words a minute! I do type very well but some computer stuff confuses me, I cannot even send an attachment! I CAN print, ha-ha, so I cannot send these links at least not succesfully till I get more "computer savvy" and I can read a book nook, that is the reason I have not sent you the links, but you can google them in blue, its the same thing.
I do not want prohibition, that will never come back anyway, and I enjoy a drink or two, as I said I have NO problem with bars that have dancing girls but blue when the dancing girls are getting murdered { yes I know google in "stripper murdered west palm beach, quite a few will come up} and the customers are getting shot and stabbed getting in their vehicles and they are spreading diseases in dirty back room, serving underage minors, forcing human trafficking, and selling and using drugs, all under ONE roof you can certainly see my point.
But you know what I do not think its going to change, see my letter to "kinman" the cops and mayor KNOW and let it happen, I guess their mentality is "let the criminals kill the criminals saves us time and trouble" Is is right? no? will it change? probably not? I just wanted a city to be proud of again. Well maybe one day. I have heard nothing about the shooting at club envy, its getting so commonplace they have stopped reporting them I guess! Lets just hope this year is a happy new year for all and our county!
It's okay...i don't very well either....i do often just retype actual economy articles outta the Post.....i just don't think there is that many more criminal activities at topless bars, than at places like that bar that has all the shootings on the NE corner of Southern and Military....or any bar in Riviera Beach.....drug activity is much more prevalant in those type bars.....I believe that topless bars serve to occupy some bad guys that otherwise might be committing sex crimes.....prohibitions are rarely the answer......Congrats to Florida State too.....
Heidi

Boynton Beach, FL

#168 Jan 7, 2014
Theo wrote:
Heidi maybe things will change but it is either going to be a change in the police deciding too many crimes originating in these places needs to cease. Or the people frequenting these places decide they don't want to risk their health and life at these places. From my experience alot of people going to these places are pretty rough characters. Maybe the police feel at least they know where all the crooks are I think people not wanting to risk their health and life would go somewhere not so sinister and on the dark side. Most of us would not be comfortable in places like this.
Yes I agree Theo. The police have families and these are bad dangerous places and perhaps they figure why risk it? Also they probably fear disease too since if they catch something they can take it home to children and spouses which would be terrible! There was just another shooting at "club envy" another one of your adult gangsta thug bars, and SO little has been reported, just a two paragraph in the paper, its like the media is giving up too, I made no secret of the fact I despise these places, but the solution is NOT just too have the city and cops ignore it, its NOT going to go away and just get worse and I do not want too see anyone get murdered anyway, no matter what they do for a living! Very scary to me.
Heidi

Boynton Beach, FL

#169 Jan 7, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> It's okay...i don't very well either....i do often just retype actual economy articles outta the Post.....i just don't think there is that many more criminal activities at topless bars, than at places like that bar that has all the shootings on the NE corner of Southern and Military....or any bar in Riviera Beach.....drug activity is much more prevalant in those type bars.....I believe that topless bars serve to occupy some bad guys that otherwise might be committing sex crimes.....prohibitions are rarely the answer......Congrats to Florida State too.....
You are right Blue, there is a LOT of crime in Riviera beach, probably more so than the strip bars, but a lot of customers probably live around there anyway. I know its the city in general that has a problem, they are going to do it on the street or gravitate to a bar, any bar, any kind, and its sad the cops have given up and just let them "kill each other" maybe they are just worn out.

I google in "stripper killed in west palm beach fl" and came up with SEVEN different ones! I was shocked even, I thought it was just three or four, which is a lot in itself anyway, strippers stuffed in garbage bag, abandoned houses, dumpsters, fields, etc.....I would be scared to do it, I guess the drugs dull the fear and pain, and no bouncer or pimp or boyfriend is going to protect them against these killers! Scary sad stuff! I just don't want to think of it anymore.

Thanks for the congrat. Actually we wanted Auburn to win, we have a friend who's son plays on the team. I have not been feeling good I slept thru the game, heard it was a close good game! Stay warm and healthy everyone, cold bitter weather all over the country!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#170 Jan 7, 2014
Heidi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right Blue, there is a LOT of crime in Riviera beach, probably more so than the strip bars, but a lot of customers probably live around there anyway. I know its the city in general that has a problem, they are going to do it on the street or gravitate to a bar, any bar, any kind, and its sad the cops have given up and just let them "kill each other" maybe they are just worn out.
I google in "stripper killed in west palm beach fl" and came up with SEVEN different ones! I was shocked even, I thought it was just three or four, which is a lot in itself anyway, strippers stuffed in garbage bag, abandoned houses, dumpsters, fields, etc.....I would be scared to do it, I guess the drugs dull the fear and pain, and no bouncer or pimp or boyfriend is going to protect them against these killers! Scary sad stuff! I just don't want to think of it anymore.
Thanks for the congrat. Actually we wanted Auburn to win, we have a friend who's son plays on the team. I have not been feeling good I slept thru the game, heard it was a close good game! Stay warm and healthy everyone, cold bitter weather all over the country!
Sounds to me like the biggest threat is to the strippers, themselves......I'd hate to think there might soon be a shortage, especially seeing as to how much income tourism brings to Palm Beach County....lol, sorry i could'nt help it......A friend i worked with....many years ago was hooked up and living with a girl from Solid Gold in Lauderdale.....back in the day, that was the best one in several counties.....i know you think it's true, but most of these girls, don't have pimps....many of them are single moms, often in college and often in semi-serious lrelationships.........About the game, i went to bed too....Auburn was up and i thought....i don't wanna see this....then Sportscenter this morning blew my mind.....
Ken

United States

#171 Jan 7, 2014
They obviously haven't seen the trashy girls at Flashdance and Sugar Daddy's. Those clubs set their sights at the bottom of the trash bin. Pretty nasty ones. Alot of the girls are freelancing or have pimps that's true but many of them are lesbians and use poor drunk suckers for drugs and money. Heidi, alot of shootings from both clubs never even made it into news. There has been much more than that, even fatal ones. I liked the propaganda about crime being down. Who are they trying to fool unless they are eliminating crime in select areas.
Shut Up Already

Bradenton, FL

#172 Jan 8, 2014
Okay you rocket scientists, what have you done about closing the clubs besides telling each other how great and moral you are?

It's so obvious that all you holier than thou citizens can't do a damn thing except sit at a keyboard.

It's clear now that you don't go outside cause you can't interact with the real world. It's cyber relationships you're want. News flash: You bricks are just a bunch of miserable whiners that truly deserve the life you're leading...a big zero.

So just kep on posting the same old worn crap to make yourselves feel somewhat important in a world that has and always will ignore you.

Or maybe you can pry your decrepeited fantasies off your chair and maybe, just maybe, write your local news, attend a commission meeting, picket the clubs or continue to just be total losers.
Shut Up Already

Bradenton, FL

#173 Jan 8, 2014
And have another day just like you did yesterday
Theo

United States

#174 Jan 9, 2014
Shut Up Already wrote:
Okay you rocket scientists, what have you done about closing the clubs besides telling each other how great and moral you are?
It's so obvious that all you holier than thou citizens can't do a damn thing except sit at a keyboard.
It's clear now that you don't go outside cause you can't interact with the real world. It's cyber relationships you're want. News flash: You bricks are just a bunch of miserable whiners that truly deserve the life you're leading...a big zero.
So just kep on posting the same old worn crap to make yourselves feel somewhat important in a world that has and always will ignore you.
Or maybe you can pry your decrepeited fantasies off your chair and maybe, just maybe, write your local news, attend a commission meeting, picket the clubs or continue to just be total losers.

It is in the works. It's a shame your lack of education and very obvious lack of morals irrates you. You seem to be extremely upset when people don't want your kind. shaming the community and yourself. Have trouble living with yourself? It shows.
Poleman

Sweden

#176 Jan 9, 2014
Theo and all the Frisco pretenders are goofballs.
"Shut Up" makes more sense in one post than all the others put together.
Some joints in San Fran make Flashdance look like the Taj Mahal.
Why does Frisco care so much about little ole West Palm and West Palm could give a flying Kama Sutra at a rolling confectionery about West Palm.. Funny huh or full of ..........
To see seemingly nice people like Heidi spew such nastiness to some poor disadvantaged group makes me wonder who REALLY is a better person.
Please don't make me believe in your Thor, he has done ten times the damage drugs/strippers/disease will ever do!
Why won't anyone address legalizing prostitution--maybe because it wont be a crime anymore. Works great in Nev. and DOES cut crime
and disease.
The aids virus wears three piece suits in Frisco--Theo, do something about that and quit worrying about a little old dancer way the hell across the country.
That's right you have a plan--IT IS IN THE WORKS--good plan, is that a hundred year or two hundred year plan!!
Most of the girls are going to college, supporting a single motherhood not doing drugs. I know, I talk to them not the newspapers. Anyone who says diff if full of it. There will always be the odd case here and there to quote or Google. But that is out of hundreds of thousands of dancers.
kimman

Petersburg, VA

#177 Jan 9, 2014
Shut Up Already wrote:
Totally awesome post Shut up Agree Agree Agree
kimman

Petersburg, VA

#178 Jan 9, 2014
And want your kind??? Maybe it is the few rock throwers here that are not wanted!
The thousands of employees, hundreds of thousands of patrons, billions of dollars generated for the economy tells ME who is and IS'NT wanted.
Actually it is a great plan. All the Thor worshipers can stay and type and the other 95% of the real world can go out and dance, eat, chat, drink, celebrate! Yea that's a great plan !!
Ropes and Chains

Anonymous Proxy

#179 Jan 9, 2014
How about a few less stripper clubs and several more Bondage clubs. We can whip them into shape then!
Ken

United States

#180 Jan 10, 2014
Poleman wrote:
Why does Frisco care so much about little ole West Palm and West Palm could give a flying Kama Sutra at a rolling confectionery about West Palm.. Funny huh or full of ..........
To see seemingly nice people like Heidi spew such nastiness to some poor disadvantaged group makes me wonder who REALLY is a better person.
Please don't make me believe in your Thor, he has done ten times the damage drugs/strippers/disease will ever do!
Why won't anyone address legalizing prostitution--maybe because it wont be a crime anymore. Works great in Nev. and DOES cut crime
and disease.
The aids virus wears three piece suits in Frisco--Theo, do something about that and quit worrying about a little old dancer way the hell across the country.
That's right you have a plan--IT IS IN THE WORKS--good plan, is that a hundred year or two hundred year plan!!
Most of the girls are going to college, supporting a single motherhood not doing drugs. I know, I talk to them not the newspapers. Anyone who says diff if full of it. There will always be the odd case here and there to quote or Google. But that is out of hundreds of thousands of dancers.
Gee could it be that crime is down but shootings are up. aybe parents are sick of their kids going out and possibly never coming home after getting shot t one of these places. Shootings are a common occurrence and someone diex there a few months ago. This post started about that. Where its gone is moral issues. Some have it and some will never see. Of course strippers and people who freqjent them are going to try to justify their stand. Which one of them has mothers who were a stripper and did brag to all what she did. I think not. Or who of you work to have your daughters grow up and be a stripper. Wow what a goal in life. These girls settle for that because they didn't have goals but failure. No education, no way to support themselves. Who grows up wanting to do that. So now they scream and holler to defend their failure in life. So all the ones screaming about the rights to enjoy illegal shooting galleries and the strippers you feel have so many rights to break the law, robbing customers, drugs, prostitution, do you condone people breaking into your home, robbing you, shooting you?
Heidi

Boynton Beach, FL

#181 Jan 11, 2014
Poleman wrote:
and disease.
I am sorry if you think I "sprewed nastiness" its hard for me too find empathy for people who shoot stab strip and kill for a living while doing drugs and robbing houses for the money.

Also, in reference to your last paragraph, I disagree with what you say about the "odd" case or I guess we can call it the "rare" case, yes I am sure there are a handful of college students who do this and yes single mothers also, I think they have picked a very brutal dangerous profession and hope they do not turn to drugs and alcohol to live it, but these are the odd and rare cases you refer too, the majority of the time these women are NOT students trying to get a degree, some our single Mothers but the majority are weary worn out drug using strippers who will do anything for money for the drugs, I mean given a choice most women with any class or breeding would choose anything but this, and what if she had kids, do you realize what the other kids in school would do to that kid if they found out "mom's a stripper" they would bully tease harass and drive that poor kid to tears! how humiliating for the child, what kind of life would he or she have? and some strippers are not good mothers lets face it.

I know this is exactly what you do NOT want to hear. But do you really believe most strippers are college girls and doting caring Mothers? really know think about it? lap dancing in dark diseased dank rooms for dollars? Would you date one? take one to dinner? Take one to meet your family or friends? trust one with your wallet and bank account? I think not. Anyone can say anything about themselves that is not true, I could sit here and tell you I won the lottery but that does not make it true {but I wish!} If you want to hang in these places be careful and take everything with a grain of salt, strippers are hard core street wise with pimps they will take every dime and then more, all while being "so nice" like the guy at sugar daddies when the stripper set him, he gave her a lot of money over time and was good too her, how did she repay him, but her pimp cutting his throat and leaving him for dead. Do what you want but know the score and the dangers, you seem like you do so good luck too you.
Heidi

Boynton Beach, FL

#182 Jan 11, 2014
sorry for the grammar errors in my last post its late I am tired and have been sick so this is the first time I posted in a few days, re-read my post, too many errors, rare for me! guess its back to bed till this flu is over.
Shut Up Already

Bradenton, FL

#183 Jan 11, 2014
Heidi wrote:
sorry for the grammar errors in my last post its late I am tired and have been sick so this is the first time I posted in a few days, re-read my post, too many errors, rare for me! guess its back to bed till this flu is over.
Good! Then shut up already!

Geez, the same old crap over and over and over...enough already!

It's like television, if you don't like what you're watching, change the channel. If you don't like strip clubs, don't go by them. If you live by one, then you're a loser cause they're in low income districts and you are a failure,. But your constant bitchin already confirmed that.
Ken

United States

#184 Jan 11, 2014
Heidi, you have done a very good thing with your posts. Hold your head high. Not that the problem is cured totally but the owners of Flashdance has heard and are acting. On Jan 9 there is an ad on Craigslist for All new employees. Dancers, Bouncers, DJs, waitresses and Bartenders. Tbey re remodeling and changing music. That should cut down on the shootings anyway. It should change the clientele. They were playing music to draw the hood in. Hopefully they will replace night manager who allowed all the drugs, prostitution, and shootings to occur on his watch. I think that even if you don't frequent these places, there might be one less place to harbor these lowlife elememt. Congrats to the owners for ridding their place of all the staff that he had and replace them. Bout
time. Took all of the shootings and people who were disgusted to speak out. Congrats Heidi. Great Job. And to Shut Up Already, look for a new job. Banging the night manager won't save your job. Most of the staff are too.
Ropes and Chains

Düsseldorf, Germany

#185 Jan 11, 2014
Why wont you guys answer my simple question? Why do you give a crap about this places and you have all those clubs in San Fran that are twice as bad? I suspect you are the new applicant for the night manager. Good luck see ya there!
Ken

Lake Worth, FL

#186 Jan 11, 2014
Ropes and Chains wrote:
Why wont you guys answer my simple question? Why do you give a crap about this places and you have all those clubs in San Fran that are twice as bad? I suspect you are the new applicant for the night manager. Good luck see ya there!
I do know someone going after the position. The stats are fishy. The current one needs to go so the club can make money. The fool there has caused most of the problems allowing things to turn critical. There is no control there. Drugs. Shootings. Prostitution. He use to be the Bartender there so what do you expect. He needs to be first to go. Then the rest. The owners will see their money was not hitting their pockets. The fact the owners opened their eyes may solve the issues posted here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff, lawyer dispute whether 73-year-old dep... 1 hr Truth and Facts 45
News Gangs in Jacksonville 8 hr discocrisco 1
News Source: Drive-By Shooting During Baltimore Riots 9 hr ArtSwenson 1
News 2 Gary Men Charged With Shooting 12-Year-Old Girl (Jul '08) 12 hr jeff 4
News Thousands remember slain IU student in 2 vigils 15 hr No doubt 1
News Officer charged with murder after shooting man ... 17 hr Minneserable 338
News Editorial: Accept grand jury's decision in poli... 17 hr Zeppelin 1
More from around the web