Shooting in suburban West Palm Beach ...

Shooting in suburban West Palm Beach strip club injures two

There are 225 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 14, 2013, titled Shooting in suburban West Palm Beach strip club injures two. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Two persons were shot inside a suburban West Palm Beach strip club early Saturday, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Carl

West Palm Beach, FL

#21 Dec 18, 2013
All you have to do is read the paper to form an opinion. Shootings, Bank Robbers, dancer robbing customer, dancer found chopped up and found in a bag in 2012 and more. What more does the public need to know to make an opinion? Heidi has a right to her opinion and you are also correct that not all establishments are like these two clubs. I personally do not like strip clubs but I also am not going to campaign to eliminate them unless they are places like Sugar Daddy's and Flashdance. Clubs like that isn't entertainment unless you call dodging bullets some sick kind of thrill. Why deliberately jeopardize your life to hear music or see naked girls. They have all that minus the bullets at other clubs. The nickname for Flashdance is "DIRTY ON PURDY" what does that tell you folks? Let's plead with law enforcement, mayor, commissioners, or whoever it takes to close these two clubs and call a halt to the killings and crimes it promotes.
kimman wrote:
Heidi sure knows a lot about the business. Post after Post. Maybe she is an ex-dancer!
Unless she just believes what other people tell her. Some of these places are fine establishments and don't have any of those problems.
Sam

West Palm Beach, FL

#22 Dec 18, 2013
There has been so many things going on at these clubs that people who still work there must enjoy the travesty that these clubs provide. The law boys as you put it, haven't done anything yet and have had many shootings. What is it going to take to close these places. There are other clubs that customers and employees can go to so why jeopardize your life there? I am sure that anyone who isn't bothered by all of this, sees the opportunity by staying there either from drugs or money. From what I hear there is so much cash unclaimed that the dancers, waitresses, barmaids and managers stay there. They don't care what goes on as long as they get money.

I think the IRS needs to audit these girls and employees to see how they live and where they get there money. Bet none of them claim their real income. Why else would they stay there? Obviously not for the atmosphere. I think the more they investigate, the more they will find there. If our local boys cannot put a stop to this, call in the bigger guys. I am sure they will make these non caring people, care pretty darn fast.
king hypoluxo wrote:
--good discussion going on--enjoying it--agreeing that until the law boys
start playing hardball with these owners and managers of these bars
more people dead or hurt or end up with aids--and the dancers are
not hot but i guess if you are good looking you dont have to do--
this degrading job--hope that kid is ok--hope the pimps-- dancers and
dealers and gunners are happy a kid might be in wheelchair--real sick-
lock these savages up-----
Jackie

West Palm Beach, FL

#23 Dec 18, 2013
Are you saying you think those bank robbers should claim the money they got from their bank robberies? Or the drug dealer employees should claim their drug money? Or the dancers claim their private room prostitution money? Or management claim their under the table money? I am pretty sure that as much crime as we see, there is a lot more we don't .

I am bothered that our locals can't manage to take action and we have to ask for people with real power to step in,
Sam wrote:
There has been so many things going on at these clubs that people who still work there must enjoy the travesty that these clubs provide. The law boys as you put it, haven't done anything yet and have had many shootings. What is it going to take to close these places. There are other clubs that customers and employees can go to so why jeopardize your life there? I am sure that anyone who isn't bothered by all of this, sees the opportunity by staying there either from drugs or money. From what I hear there is so much cash unclaimed that the dancers, waitresses, barmaids and managers stay there. They don't care what goes on as long as they get money.
I think the IRS needs to audit these girls and employees to see how they live and where they get there money. Bet none of them claim their real income. Why else would they stay there? Obviously not for the atmosphere. I think the more they investigate, the more they will find there. If our local boys cannot put a stop to this, call in the bigger guys. I am sure they will make these non caring people, care pretty darn fast.
<quoted text>
Josh

West Palm Beach, FL

#24 Dec 18, 2013
Close these places down. If managers and owners can't operate a safe club, close it down. What do they have bouncers for? Stop allowing customers to do drugs openly (and we all know that it is not only tolerated at these places but supplied)

Until we all demand that the police do their job, nothing will change. The police that patrol these two clubs, need to patrol them instead of dropping in for a free drink or a free lap dance. When customers know the cops by their first name, we got a problem!
king hypoluxo wrote:
--good discussion going on--enjoying it--agreeing that until the law boys
start playing hardball with these owners and managers of these bars
more people dead or hurt or end up with aids--and the dancers are
not hot but i guess if you are good looking you dont have to do--
this degrading job--hope that kid is ok--hope the pimps-- dancers and
dealers and gunners are happy a kid might be in wheelchair--real sick-
lock these savages up-----
Sara

West Palm Beach, FL

#25 Dec 18, 2013
I can't help but think one of those boys or all of them were shot for some unknown reason. Maybe it was something that happened that night or some other night. Maybe for some reason they were involved knowingly or unknowingly in some crime. r maybe they befriended someone's enemy. Let this be a lesson that you are increasing your chances of being hurt or killed being in a crime riddled place like Flashdance.

People who go there are looking for trouble. Unfortunately they found it.
Mal

Delray Beach, FL

#26 Dec 18, 2013
Darla wrote:
I am very sorry about your friend. It is wrong to feel everyone that goes there is a drug addict. Unfortunately that Flashdance has a reputation it deserves. Someone was killed there a few months ago and it was drug related and there are many shootings there. Going to Flashdance is a crime waiting to happen. People are in the middle of drug dealers and people going there looking for drugs and using them. Sugar Daddy's is the same way.getting drunk, getting in a fight and lots of guns and shootings. Your friend was in a very dangerous club and unfortunately became a victim. Hopefully you and everyone else will make the police shut these killing places down.
<quoted text>
Thank you. I know nothing about these kind of places (and I'm just a concerned coworker). His friend told me it was the first time he went to Flashdance. He may have been unaware of it's reputation, I don't know. I hope you and the others who do know, work on getting them shut down. I saw the surveillance video that the police released to the news last night and I'd rather help this young man in other ways, like making sure the animal with the assault weapon, who fired 24 rounds at him and his friends, gets put behind bars for the rest of his life. I am also concerned about how he is going to pay his medical bills and want to help raise awareness for his plight.
Had Enough

West Palm Beach, FL

#27 Dec 18, 2013
Mal wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I know nothing about these kind of places (and I'm just a concerned coworker). His friend told me it was the first time he went to Flashdance. He may have been unaware of it's reputation, I don't know. I hope you and the others who do know, work on getting them shut down. I saw the surveillance video that the police released to the news last night and I'd rather help this young man in other ways, like making sure the animal with the assault weapon, who fired 24 rounds at him and his friends, gets put behind bars for the rest of his life. I am also concerned about how he is going to pay his medical bills and want to help raise awareness for his plight.
Assault Weapon???? 24 Rounds??? What a disgusting thing. Sounds of gunfire are a frequent thing at Flashdance. Where was their parking lot guy? Selling drugs no doubt. This place needs to be shut down NOW and all of those criminal employees. How many people have to be killed or wounded on that property before someone says ENOUGH!
Baaaa

West Palm Beach, FL

#28 Dec 18, 2013
Just another opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
There is ALWAYS another opinion. This is one. I am a man who chooses to go to these places. I have a blast. It is what it is. If you dont like the place then don't go there. I am sure you can find a movie or a Tupperware party to go to.. To each his own. That is what a free society is all about. It has its good and bad points. I can say this much. The owners of these places do not want law enforcement in their places at all. They like things quiet in that regard. I think you will find more crime in a Publix or Walmart parking lot than most of these places. Management of Adult entertainment places don't tolerate a lot of foolishness from the clientele one will be ejected with no problem at all, Once in a while there is something that will go wrong just like anywhere else. Then when it does here come the finger pointers like you. you, you, you you,. c'mon not everyone has the same morals and values. please don't be judge and jury. If there was no demand for this type of business then they would cease to exist. Every time I go there its PACKED so I assume people like it and so do I .. All the best to you..
It is a blast? Really? You like dodging bullets or getting pub hairs in your drink? That has to be the nastiest place I have ever seen next to a dumpster.
Eviant

West Palm Beach, FL

#29 Dec 18, 2013
Just another opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
There is ALWAYS another opinion. This is one. I am a man who chooses to go to these places. I have a blast. It is what it is. If you dont like the place then don't go there. I am sure you can find a movie or a Tupperware party to go to.. To each his own. That is what a free society is all about. It has its good and bad points. I can say this much. The owners of these places do not want law enforcement in their places at all. They like things quiet in that regard. I think you will find more crime in a Publix or Walmart parking lot than most of these places. Management of Adult entertainment places don't tolerate a lot of foolishness from the clientele one will be ejected with no problem at all, Once in a while there is something that will go wrong just like anywhere else. Then when it does here come the finger pointers like you. you, you, you you,. c'mon not everyone has the same morals and values. please don't be judge and jury. If there was no demand for this type of business then they would cease to exist. Every time I go there its PACKED so I assume people like it and so do I .. All the best to you..
Once in awhile something goes wrong? Oh, please. The guy killed a few months ago was killed at Flashdance because a bouncer there owed him money, with the managers gun. The manager is one of the biggest drug users there .
Christime

West Palm Beach, FL

#30 Dec 18, 2013
Just let them blow each other up. If you think about it that will get a lot of drug dealers, drug users, prostitutes, and criminals off the street Obviously the police know about all of this and opt to let them waste each other. If someone doesn't already know what the places are like and it is there first time there, how long would they stay? I doubt they were so innocent if they stayed. Drugs are used too freely and not too many people get gunned down unless it was some freak but a freak would have blown up the club just to takeout more people. I think someone was a target for some reason and that was the place to find them.
kimman

Petersburg, VA

#31 Dec 18, 2013
Everything about this thread defies logic. It is nothing but mean spirited rumor-mongering.
Think about it--if the girls were ugly or dirty men surely would not go there--not to mention the many women who attend with boyfriends and what not. Some of the prettiest, cleanest girls in the world work in strip clubs.
If you ever went yourself, instead of listening to other nit wits you would see.
As far as drugs are concerned, there are probably more drugs in your local middle school than a strip club. A strip club is a license to print money and neither the management, the owners, or the dancers want to see that taken away. For the most part, they are very frowned upon in most establishments.
But I can understand all the mud slinging from jealous, underpaid women in other professions.
Now you may be right ( I believe you) about these 2 bad apples, but that does not represent the industry as a whole.
Remember what your Mama taught you, if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!
Willis

West Palm Beach, FL

#32 Dec 18, 2013
kimman wrote:
Everything about this thread defies logic. It is nothing but mean spirited rumor-mongering.
Think about it--if the girls were ugly or dirty men surely would not go there--not to mention the many women who attend with boyfriends and what not. Some of the prettiest, cleanest girls in the world work in strip clubs.
If you ever went yourself, instead of listening to other nit wits you would see.
As far as drugs are concerned, there are probably more drugs in your local middle school than a strip club. A strip club is a license to print money and neither the management, the owners, or the dancers want to see that taken away. For the most part, they are very frowned upon in most establishments.
But I can understand all the mud slinging from jealous, underpaid women in other professions.
Now you may be right ( I believe you) about these 2 bad apples, but that does not represent the industry as a whole.
Remember what your Mama taught you, if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!
More drugs in middle schools than at these two strip clubs. Are you serious???? So if all women don't pursue being a stripper they are jealous? Come on dude, where is your head at? It's confused people like you that is the problem. Try being a target of some bullets and I bet you will sing a different song. These strippers at places like Flashdance and Sugar Daddy's make money for their drug habits. Haven't seen anyone there with a pot to p,,, in. Only ones I see making money there are the dealers. You are one confused dude.
kimman

Petersburg, VA

#33 Dec 18, 2013
No it is people like you that want to tell other people what to do with their life that is the problem. I saw more guns in my high school than I ever saw at a strip club. Quit getting your opinions from the newspaper and maybe you will know what you are talking about.

It could be you are choosing to find skanky places rather than show a little class and go somewhere nice. Ever been to s a strip club in Vegas, Manhattan, London?? Tiger Woods didn't have a problem with it, nor do many fine upstanding citizens.

Go sit in you church pew and listen to your preacher spread innuendo and lies while he diddles little boys in the back.Let the rest of us millions enjoy adult fun. You are flat wrong, period! And probably the same person signing in under different names since your arguments are so weak. It is a multi-billion dollar business so someone is doing something right.
Just keep throwing rocks--nobody listens.
kimman

Petersburg, VA

#35 Dec 18, 2013
You also need to learn to read the post if you are going to respond. It was NOT said they wanted to pursue that course of action--just jealous sometimes.
And if you REALLY saw a dealer making money--which I doubt--did you report it since you care so much. It is a crime in Florida not to report a felony if you observe it. I guess that means there was another criminal in the strip club. You!
Guns killed around sixty kids in schools in just 2 incidents--Denver and Va Tech. I doubt that many strip club attendees have been killed in the last 20 years.Maybe your right I'm confused--but at least I'm not totally out of it.
Willis

West Palm Beach, FL

#36 Dec 18, 2013
kimman wrote:
No it is people like you that want to tell other people what to do with their life that is the problem. I saw more guns in my high school than I ever saw at a strip club. Quit getting your opinions from the newspaper and maybe you will know what you are talking about.
It could be you are choosing to find skanky places rather than show a little class and go somewhere nice. Ever been to s a strip club in Vegas, Manhattan, London?? Tiger Woods didn't have a problem with it, nor do many fine upstanding citizens.
Go sit in you church pew and listen to your preacher spread innuendo and lies while he diddles little boys in the back.Let the rest of us millions enjoy adult fun. You are flat wrong, period! And probably the same person signing in under different names since your arguments are so weak. It is a multi-billion dollar business so someone is doing something right.
Just keep throwing rocks--nobody listens.
No one is saying you can not go to strip clubs dude. Sounds like you are trying to rectify your own actions. Really could not care less. The issue here is drugs, crimes and filth in 2 local clubs. Take a load off and do what you do but quit making excuses for places that are not the type you seem to like. These are not places people are safe in. Sorry you are not convincing anyone since you do not know what you are talking about.
Willis

West Palm Beach, FL

#37 Dec 18, 2013
kimman wrote:
You also need to learn to read the post if you are going to respond. It was NOT said they wanted to pursue that course of action--just jealous sometimes.
And if you REALLY saw a dealer making money--which I doubt--did you report it since you care so much. It is a crime in Florida not to report a felony if you observe it. I guess that means there was another criminal in the strip club. You!
Guns killed around sixty kids in schools in just 2 incidents--Denver and Va Tech. I doubt that many strip club attendees have been killed in the last 20 years.Maybe your right I'm confused--but at least I'm not totally out of it.
What some demented soul did all the mass shootings is unpreventable. What goes on at the local clubs are. Actually the felonies you speak of have been reported. Not our fault the local cops are slow to make their busts, Sad too.

You are too bent on making accusations to people who are just sick that so many shootings and other crimes have a link to these clubs. I do not condone freaks shooting up schools and drug dealers selling drugs on the street but I can not do a thing about it. What I can do as a citizen is be concerned about the safety of our community. Who wants to see anyone gunned down and who wants a society that harbors illegal activities.
kimman

Petersburg, VA

#38 Dec 18, 2013
I think we are maybe discussing 2 different topics. Your issue is with the 2 local clubs and the fallout from crime. Mine is with the industry as a whole.

I give you everything you say is probably true about those clubs--there ARE a lot like that. I don't know- I don't live there-so you are more than likely right. I don't go to places like that and neither should you. Matter of fact I don't go to any nowadays because I'm not in a hurry to give away my money.

But the whole industry cant be painted with a broad brush and thats where most of these posts seemed to head. I have been to many, both in US and Europe, in my lifetime--good bad or indifferent and I am willing to state categorically that I DO know more about the industry than you do. I don't say things like a saw drug dealers making money and expect people to believe I'm having a rational discussion. As for your two little local dives I give you the wink and nod there since you are familiar with them having been a patron.
kimman

Petersburg, VA

#39 Dec 18, 2013
I also believe we are probably closer in opinion than either of us believes!

And I just found this on the web-Im not that smart to think of it--its by Jackson Brown.

ďBe brave. Even if youíre not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference. Donít allow the phone to interrupt important moments. Itís there for your convenience, not the callers. Donít be afraid to go out on a limb. Thatís where the fruit is. Donít burn bridges. Youíll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river. Donít forget, a personís greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated. Donít major in minor things. Donít say you donít have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Helen Keller, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. Donít spread yourself too thin. Learn to say no politely and quickly. Donít use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved. Donít waste time grieving over past mistakes Learn from them and move on. Every person needs to have their moment in the sun, when they raise their arms in victory, knowing that on this day, at his hour, they were at their very best. Get your priorities straight. No one ever said on his death bed,ĎGee, if Iíd only spent more time at the officeí. Give people a second chance, but not a third. Judge your success by the degree that youíre enjoying peace, health and love. Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly. Leave everything a little better than you found it. Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life and death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems. Never cut what can be untied. Never overestimate your power to change others. Never underestimate your power to change yourself. Remember that overnight success usually takes about fifteen years. Remember that winners do what losers donít want to do. Seek opportunity, not security. A boat in harbor is safe, but in time its bottom will rot out. Spend less time worrying whoís right, more time deciding whatís right. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life. Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get. The importance of winning is not what we get from it, but what we become because of it. When facing a difficult task, act as though itís impossible to fail.Ē

All thinks I could do to improve!
Loriann

West Palm Beach, FL

#40 Dec 18, 2013
I think it is imperative they catch whoever shot these guys No matter what time of day or night and no were we are at should anyone be shot, This wasn't a fight and we do not now the motive but to be shot like that is a horrible thing. The point should be we need accountability on why drugs are allowed at any public places and if the owners, managers, employees are doing illegal activity. If so, shut these places down. Why allow them one more day to operate.
Heidi

Boynton Beach, FL

#41 Dec 19, 2013
kimman wrote:
Heidi sure knows a lot about the business. Post after Post. Maybe she is an ex-dancer!
Unless she just believes what other people tell her. Some of these places are fine establishments and don't have any of those problems.
I have been reading all the posts and all are very interesting and informative. NO Kinsman I am NOT a stripper nor was I ever, I have a good paying job, I am considered attractive and clean and intelligent {well thats what others say I am NOT bragging on myself} I would be terrified to dance nude for strangers for so many reasons; diseases, rape, stalking me in my car on the way home, hurting me etc.......I would not degrade or defile myself and I do not think other women are jealous as you wrote in one of your posts, and the strippers cannot make that much money, a guys paycheck only goes too far and then its gone and he has no money and feels "had" so I do not think business is booming, there even was an article about it, the recession and with the holidays people have much more better things to do than throw it at strippers, unless they hooking on the side the money is not that good. I read the newspaper, watch TV and have a couple cop friends who have given me information I never danced and I never will, I would eat dirt before I would bring shame and pain and disgrace upon my family or risk getting shot by some pervert or getting AIDS in some back room or ODing on drugs. What a horrible dangerous profession this! That is the others are making.

I see you live in VA, I hear its a beautiful state. The clubs up there are probably not as bad and dirty and diseased and unregulated as here. FL is terrible, VA is not as bad I am sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slain WDBJ reporter's father hits senators 5 hr USA Today 23
News Deputy fatally shot from behind at Houston gas ... 7 hr Keep farts 8
News Texas Sheriff's Deputy Assassinated While Pumpi... 11 hr Influence farts 4
News Nashville murder suspect arrested in Honolulu 20 hr Joe Balls 3
News Jury says 'guilty' in trial of man accused of d... Fri Big Johnson 1
News Fatal shot in San Francisco pier shooting was r... Fri Asian Guy 7
News George Zimmerman Trolls Obama On Twitter After ... Fri Unacceptable 1
More from around the web