Man Accused of December Shooting Death on Trial in Monticello

There are 20 comments on the Jul 25, 2013, ArkansasMatters story titled Man Accused of December Shooting Death on Trial in Monticello. In it, ArkansasMatters reports that:

A man jailed since a December shooting death is now on trial. The first degree murder trial for Jerry "Wesley" Pryor Jr., 35, of Monticello, started this morning at the Drew County Courthouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArkansasMatters.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just saying

Leesville, LA

#1 Jul 28, 2013
Its strange to me how this guy took a gun and went back to the owner and told him his gun was in the creek never divulging which creek and why it was there. And this all happened around the time mr hewitt was killed with the same gauge shotgun. Seems strange how the state gathered very little evidence nor questioned pryor anymore than they had too. I heard that the fbi was contacted by the arkansas state police and have agreed to send investigators to dcso to dig a little deeper into this murder.
Ashley

Little Rock, AR

#2 Jul 29, 2013
It does not matter if the FBI does investigate, if that is even true, which I highly doubt. Thanks to double jeopardy it won't effect Wes. He can never be tried for that case or crime again. The jury had all the evidence and made their verdict. Wes is a free man, just as he should be. Charlie had many, many enemies so maybe they should keep going down the list.
Just sayin

Merryville, LA

#3 Jul 30, 2013
That was the point. Someone did it and it must be rectified. And yes fbi is now involved.
Michael

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Jul 30, 2013
Wes is a gutless coward! He did it. He can own up to it now.
Ashley

Little Rock, AR

#5 Jul 30, 2013
Let's see you say that to his face Michael...lmao...who is the gutless coward?
Michael

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Jul 30, 2013
Well, where's he hiding at?
Just sayin

Leesville, LA

#7 Jul 30, 2013
Ashley wrote:
Let's see you say that to his face Michael...lmao...who is the gutless coward?
How are you connected to him Ashley?
heidi

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Jul 30, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>How are you connected to him Ashley?
Gotta be trashy to even be linked to him.
Just sayin

Leesville, LA

#9 Jul 30, 2013
Ashley wrote:
It does not matter if the FBI does investigate, if that is even true, which I highly doubt. Thanks to double jeopardy it won't effect Wes. He can never be tried for that case or crime again. The jury had all the evidence and made their verdict. Wes is a free man, just as he should be. Charlie had many, many enemies so maybe they should keep going down the list.
Name us a handfull of these enemies?
VAUG

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Jul 31, 2013
just reading comments about the murder sounds to me like your town needs better police who known what they are doing

Wes did his time now let it go
VAUG

Chesterfield, MO

#11 Jul 31, 2013
Hello to all reading comments sounds to me like your town needs police who know what
They are doing. Wes did his time let it go better yet your polices need to go back to
School and learn some colors really red or green
ur stupid

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Jul 31, 2013
VAUG wrote:
Hello to all reading comments sounds to me like your town needs police who know what
They are doing. Wes did his time let it go better yet your polices need to go back to
School and learn some colors really red or green
The police didn't have anything to do with the the color of the shells. That would be the witnesses. Maybe you need to go back to school and learn how to make a complete sentence.
VAUG

Chesterfield, MO

#13 Jul 31, 2013
No not stupid maybe you need to go back to school or keep up with your news what color was the truck? really
Red or green.
Good luck small town gossip.
ur still stupid

United States

#14 Jul 31, 2013
VAUG wrote:
No not stupid maybe you need to go back to school or keep up with your news what color was the truck? really
Red or green.
Good luck small town gossip.
The truck was neither red or green.
VAUG

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Jul 31, 2013
Glad to hear that. You know what they say gossip is like soap its mostley lye.
now ur even stupid-er

United States

#16 Jul 31, 2013
VAUG wrote:
Glad to hear that. You know what they say gossip is like soap its mostley lye.
Then tell me exactly what ur purpose was for commenting on this thread? To spread gossip?... That's exactly what I thought.
Just sayin

Leesville, LA

#17 Jul 31, 2013
The fact still remains that a man is deceased and the police have failed to do their job.
shocked05

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Aug 1, 2013
I'm still shocked that everybody is so shocked that he got away with it! I mean really?!! Did y'all expect any different?!! And now he's going out to eat in restaurants still in this town like it's nothing! His daddy probably has something on Mr. Gober I'm sure. And the state blew their case by letting drunk people testify and change their story. They didn't investigate because they didn't care!!! Not that it's actually going to happen but I do believe that the entire Dcsd needs to be investigated and wiped clean. Jerry still worked for the mpd during all this when he shouldve been suspended until it was over. And Wes and Jerry pretty much picked his own jury!
Just sayin

Leesville, LA

#19 Aug 1, 2013
shocked05 wrote:
I'm still shocked that everybody is so shocked that he got away with it! I mean really?!! Did y'all expect any different?!! And now he's going out to eat in restaurants still in this town like it's nothing! His daddy probably has something on Mr. Gober I'm sure. And the state blew their case by letting drunk people testify and change their story. They didn't investigate because they didn't care!!! Not that it's actually going to happen but I do believe that the entire Dcsd needs to be investigated and wiped clean. Jerry still worked for the mpd during all this when he shouldve been suspended until it was over. And Wes and Jerry pretty much picked his own jury!
Just wait for it. Because it is coming. When the feds get done there will be alot of people shaking their heads in disbelief. Sweet sweet justice.
shocked05

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Aug 1, 2013
Gosh!!! I hope so! I'm so sick of the crookedness in this town!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff, lawyer dispute whether 73-year-old dep... 5 hr impartial 36
News Vialpando's widow seeks compensation in husband... 7 hr karengbrown 2
News Overflow crowd demands Zion cops wear body cameras 13 hr Loius Clufetos 4
News 1 Fatally Shot, 1 Wounded In San Juan Capistrano (Aug '06) 17 hr Pix Bravete 161
News Family members gather at scene of North Portlan... 18 hr MISCaNOM 3
News What's the role of the church in troubled times... Fri Kayla 1
News 2 Gary Men Charged With Shooting 12-Year-Old Girl (Jul '08) Fri folks 3
More from around the web