Bloomberg demands Obama make gun cont...

Bloomberg demands Obama make gun control 'number one' issue

There are 474 comments on the New York Daily News story from Dec 16, 2012, titled Bloomberg demands Obama make gun control 'number one' issue. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

Mayor Michael Bloomberg appeared on NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday morning demanding that President Obama make gun control his "number one agenda" in his second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Law

Papillion, NE

#41 Dec 16, 2012
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone send a memo to Bloomberg
that we can't have too many guns.
The more the merrier.
The FBI estimates that there are over 200 million
privately owned firearms in America, more than
any other nation.
Where is all the security the NRA claims we get
with lots of firearms?
Having more would make us safer?
More and more guns. More and more violence.
Do the math.
The NRA made no such claim. How long have you been wanting to kiss Bloomberg's ass?
And where are your stats to back up your claims of more guns = more violence?
Law

Papillion, NE

#42 Dec 16, 2012
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that Bloomberg would like to somehow
protect the lives of residents of NYC, most of whom
just go about their daily lives hoping to not
by gunned down by some madman exercising his 2nd
Amendments rights.
2nd Amendment doesn't give one the right to kill innocent people. Uou know that but you'll be dishonest about that.
Do all pedophiles do that?
Osama Obama

Chambersburg, PA

#44 Dec 16, 2012
Skuttlebutt wrote:
I have seen many people here claim that the purpose of the 2nd amendment is to allow citizens to protect themselves from a "tyrannical government", so I'm wondering, how is that defined? What makes a government "tyrannical"?
For example, since Bush has been in office, the government has been granted the following powers:
Listen to your phone calls without warrant.
Read your emails without warrant.
Monitor your internet activity without warrant.
Monitor the books you borrow from the library, without warrant.
Monitor the groups you associate with.
Search your house without warrant.
Search your car without warrant.
Collect "evidence" from those places, without warrant.
On a whim, an American citizen can be declared an "enemy combatant", and:
Detained without charge, in secret.
Denied legal representation.
Denied the right to question his detention.
Shipped to a foreign country for interrogation, in secret.
Tortured, in secret.
Be tried by a military tribunal, in secret.
NOT be granted access to the secret evidence against him.
Convicted based on that secret evidence.
So, if the above is NOT considered "tyrannical", then what is? Where do you draw the line?
At turning my gun over!!!!
Cat74

United States

#45 Dec 16, 2012
I'll give up my guns when they disarm the little animals that live in the ghettos of our major cities. They will never give up their guns, and neither will I. Every weekend there is a new body count. They are all very young. Where are Obama's tears for the children in his old neighborhood?
Please

Newport News, VA

#46 Dec 16, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Alcohol and vehicles are not designed to kill.
Guns are designed to kill.
Which kills more innocent people and children in the US annually. Your post is irrelivant.....or just plain idiotic. Which most are. LOL

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#47 Dec 16, 2012
Gun control is responsible gun owners locking up their guns the way they lock up their cars. That way the wrong people can't get them and use them for a crime. I wish all these gun advocates would stress the importance of locking up your guns when not in use. How many kids have brought their parents guns to schools. Also, this guy showed all kinds of mental issues, and assault rifles and guns were in easy reach in his home. His mom bought those guns so she could feel safe, and her killer was living with her. Too bad she didn't lock them up out of reach. He had no business having access to guns.
Osama Obama

Chambersburg, PA

#48 Dec 16, 2012
jenny623 wrote:
Gun control is responsible gun owners locking up their guns the way they lock up their cars. That way the wrong people can't get them and use them for a crime. I wish all these gun advocates would stress the importance of locking up your guns when not in use. How many kids have brought their parents guns to schools. Also, this guy showed all kinds of mental issues, and assault rifles and guns were in easy reach in his home. His mom bought those guns so she could feel safe, and her killer was living with her. Too bad she didn't lock them up out of reach. He had no business having access to guns.
My Dad left his loaded guns and wallet around me all of the time.But he taught me this rule;If it doesn't belong to you you don't touch it or you are a thief.
Cat74

United States

#49 Dec 16, 2012
No, gun control is a good steady aim!!
Osama Obama

Chambersburg, PA

#50 Dec 16, 2012
This sounds like a parenting issue to me.And where is this twenty year old kids Dad?

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#51 Dec 16, 2012
This isn't about you. So many others have paid with their lives because of irresponsible owners. So many people say the mental signs were there. So why did this guy have access to guns.
Osama Obama wrote:
<quoted text>My Dad left his loaded guns and wallet around me all of the time.But he taught me this rule;If it doesn't belong to you you don't touch it or you are a thief.
REM223

Bethany, CT

#52 Dec 16, 2012
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that Bloomberg would like to somehow
protect the lives of residents of NYC, most of whom
just go about their daily lives hoping to not
by gunned down by some madman exercising his 2nd
Amendments rights.
You should come to New York City, spend a couple of weeks. People are murdered, robbed, raped, burglarized, home invasions,assualts both adults and children everyday in bloombergs kingdom. Don`t you think that the law abiding public should have a right to protect themselves from the criminals.

NYC`s graveyards are full of those who believed wrongly that the police will protect them. Cops I know will tell you that it`s up to individuals to provide for their own safety and security, They CAN`T protect you. 99% of the time the only thing cops can do is to try and solve the crime, If your the victim not too much solace in that especially if your dead.

Get the proper training and armup it`s only going to get worse for the near future. Be legal and stay alive or maybe you`ll end up saving anothers life, you never know.
REM223

Bethany, CT

#53 Dec 16, 2012
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
hey it worked for hitler
and don`t forget our Congress and Senate pass laws that they are exempt from
REM223

Bethany, CT

#54 Dec 16, 2012
Osama Obama wrote:
<quoted text>My Dad left his loaded guns and wallet around me all of the time.But he taught me this rule;If it doesn't belong to you you don't touch it or you are a thief.
And I`ll bet that when he felt you were ready he taught you how to shoot and firearms safety.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#55 Dec 16, 2012
Skuttlebutt wrote:
I have seen many people here claim that the purpose of the 2nd amendment is to allow citizens to protect themselves from a "tyrannical government", so I'm wondering, how is that defined? What makes a government "tyrannical"?
For example, since Bush has been in office, the government has been granted the following powers:
Listen to your phone calls without warrant.
Read your emails without warrant.
Monitor your internet activity without warrant.
Monitor the books you borrow from the library, without warrant.
Monitor the groups you associate with.
Search your house without warrant.
Search your car without warrant.
Collect "evidence" from those places, without warrant.
On a whim, an American citizen can be declared an "enemy combatant", and:
Detained without charge, in secret.
Denied legal representation.
Denied the right to question his detention.
Shipped to a foreign country for interrogation, in secret.
Tortured, in secret.
Be tried by a military tribunal, in secret.
NOT be granted access to the secret evidence against him.
Convicted based on that secret evidence.
So, if the above is NOT considered "tyrannical", then what is? Where do you draw the line?
The line has already been crossed - it's that simple. People are too afraid to die, be imprisoned, and/or lose everything. People have become pacified. The 2nd Amendment stands there shaming us all.
Osama Obama

Chambersburg, PA

#56 Dec 16, 2012
REM223 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I`ll bet that when he felt you were ready he taught you how to shoot and firearms safety.
You are correct at age six I got my first 22 that I worked all summer for.At twelve I got a 20gauge 223 over and under.Still got them both and at 50 I still love shooting them.I watched my Dad and obeyed his rules 100% and never had an issue going out on my own hunting.That is why I am saying sounds like a lack of guidance and parenting to me.
Your Ex

United States

#57 Dec 16, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a double standard. I am sorry for the kids but I am also sorry for our Ambassador and the Americans that got murdered. THEY ALL HAVE MOTHERS AND FATHERS. The kids was killed by a kid that had a mental problem, but our Ambassador was murdered while the WH watched and lied and NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE.
Actually
Hillary warned you about
"serious security issues overseas"
Before
The GOP
Slashed the funding for the
State Dept.

Own it.
Your Ex

United States

#58 Dec 16, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
I'll give up my guns when they disarm the little animals that live in the ghettos of our major cities. They will never give up their guns, and neither will I. Every weekend there is a new body count. They are all very young. Where are Obama's tears for the children in his old neighborhood?
Maybe you should stop
Slumming it
In the
Ghetto.
Idiocy

Columbia, SC

#59 Dec 16, 2012
Liberal Idiocy
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#60 Dec 16, 2012
jenny623 wrote:
This isn't about you. So many others have paid with their lives because of irresponsible owners. So many people say the mental signs were there. So why did this guy have access to guns.
<quoted text>
Why do stores and banks provide sufficient security but schools don't? Terrible people and terrible circumstances exist - those who don't deal with this reality will deal with its' results - it's also time to stop pretending that you can shove drugs down a kid's throat and alter their brain chemistry and that this won't have potentially lethal results - one damn school shooting after another with the "highly intelligent male with the mood disorder" dead on the ground and dead people all around him. Just how many times do you need to hear about this scene and the associated medications before the pattern hits you?

In general, how disturbing is it that there is a political movement in this country who makes a point to NOT want to solve any issues or DEAL with harsh realities if it doesn't fit within their blind and singular agenda of growing government power?
Your Ex

United States

#61 Dec 16, 2012
Osama Obama wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct at age six I got my first 22 that I worked all summer for.At twelve I got a 20gauge 223 over and under.Still got them both and at 50 I still love shooting them.I watched my Dad and obeyed his rules 100% and never had an issue going out on my own hunting.That is why I am saying sounds like a lack of guidance and parenting to me.
Dang.
I hate to
Agree
With you
100%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walker knocks Clinton for her Milwaukee shootin... 13 min storm warning 316
News Two Charged In Home Invasion Robbery and Rape (Aug '10) 5 hr little sista 170
News While Milwaukee Burns, Obama Plays Golf 6 hr Jerksen 1
News a I want them in jail:a 8-year-old wounded in s... 8 hr grounded in reality 1
News How did Amber Woods die? (Mar '08) 14 hr Her cousin Diana 17
News 2 teens arrested in Calle Parque homicide 17 hr Sad sad 1
News Is White Lives Matter a movement or white supre... Tue Paddy O-Malley 1
More from around the web