Local Man Sentenced to Life in Prison

Local Man Sentenced to Life in Prison

There are 774 comments on the Hollister Free Lance story from May 8, 2007, titled Local Man Sentenced to Life in Prison. In it, Hollister Free Lance reports that:

“Unfortunately it's complex, but basically (Joseph) worked his way into (Boos') cell and crushed his head”

A Hollister man suspected of having gang ties has been sentenced to life in prison for the murder of two men in Santa Clara County. via Hollister Free Lance

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hollister Free Lance.

sadness

Morgan Hill, CA

#21 Apr 6, 2008
Someone involved wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wants revenge on the "yucky step mommy"?
Get the facts straight: DAVID OWENS and JOSHUA JOSEPH were/are filthy gang bangers which don't
really matter in the real world. Ya, it sucks that death occured, but when you join a GANG you are asking to be killed. SEX did not kill this GANG member the GANG did...
Wow you are an idiot you need to GET IT STRAIGHT !
Let me guess your now sleeping with the step mommy? Stupid insensitive fool .
The One

Monterey, CA

#22 Apr 6, 2008
sadness wrote:
I bet they f*cking DA granted that fu*cking whore immunity , for her testimony , Somehow she must and will be held responsible for what she's done .
The husband practically co signing her shit by staying with her , what a spineless idiot , maybe he'll get a clue when she chooses which son to sleep with next .
As far as her working at San Benito High School Hollister , that is a shame a whole new murder plot could be brewing right now between a couple of students she slept with , I'm sure she's serving up more the hot lunches , fu#king petifile . Sick twisted , MURDERER .
She too killed David !
hey idiot ever think the reason why he is still with her is for sake of his other two children? one at 15 and the other what 17?
they have been through enough there almost whole lives dealing with all this. there brother has been in and out of prison his whole life this is harder on them than it is on the parents ... he's just trying to keep his family together ...cut the guy a break.
sadness

Morgan Hill, CA

#23 Apr 6, 2008
The One wrote:
<quoted text>
hey idiot ever think the reason why he is still with her is for sake of his other two children? one at 15 and the other what 17?
they have been through enough there almost whole lives dealing with all this. there brother has been in and out of prison his whole life this is harder on them than it is on the parents ... he's just trying to keep his family together ...cut the guy a break.
Yeah okay ??as if keeping them close to the mother is going to do anything but damage them more . A real man would have took the boys and moved on , but yeah for all we the 17 year old could be her boyfreind now , It's disgusting , she is sick . I know why he wont leave... YOU CAN SEE HOW WELL SHE HANDLES REJECTION , I'm sure he's living in fear . It's probly only a matter of time befor she masterminds his murder . Your compasion is misplaced .
The One

Monterey, CA

#24 Apr 6, 2008
im not sticking up for her but that was her step-son she had sex with. Michael and Chris are her full sons for some reason I just dont think she could do that. . . especially with the way she treats them.
JJM

Modesto, CA

#25 Apr 7, 2008
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously do not know Nancy or the facts in the case. She is an adultress and a murderer.
I can't understand how one can write the name and address online, that is dangerous.God help you if anything happens.M you know who this is, I am the only family here in this town.I want to say my sis and I love you and the kids,and if you need anything, let us know.Time may pass, it doesnt matter we are here,family is family.You are loved, your cuz
puzzled in Mtn View

Palo Alto, CA

#26 Apr 8, 2008
JJM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't understand how one can write the name and address online, that is dangerous.God help you if anything happens.M you know who this is, I am the only family here in this town.I want to say my sis and I love you and the kids,and if you need anything, let us know.Time may pass, it doesnt matter we are here,family is family.You are loved, your cuz
What do you mean: "God help you if anything happens?" Her address is part of public record. do you think what she did is OK? She is a cold blooded killer. Nancy Polizzi is a murderer running free. Nobody blames Mark or the kids, just Nancy. If Mark would remove Nancy from the equation and the justice system would lock her up, the world will be a safer place.
The One

United States

#27 Apr 8, 2008
puzzled in Mtn View wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean: "God help you if anything happens?" Her address is part of public record. do you think what she did is OK? She is a cold blooded killer. Nancy Polizzi is a murderer running free. Nobody blames Mark or the kids, just Nancy. If Mark would remove Nancy from the equation and the justice system would lock her up, the world will be a safer place.
you know that actually wasnt proven ... she could still be innocent most of what was said was said by owen's mother who was great friends with nancy till the death of her son obviously. and bcuz it was nancy's step son she just blamed her ...
puzzled in Mtn View

Palo Alto, CA

#28 Apr 8, 2008
I do not know anything about the relationships between the families. All I know is what is in the court transcript of Nancy Polizzi's testimony. She admitted on the stand that she had sex with David Owens once and Joshua Joseph (her husbands son) 20 times. She admitted that she called him and was upset that he wasn't interested in more sex. She felt betrayed. She admitted telling Joshua. She admitted picking up Francisco Vega from Fresno. She admitted going with Francisco and Joshua to a "seedy" neighborhood and giving them $150, which they used to purchase a gun. She admitted that Joshua told her he was going to kill David. She admitted that she bought Joshua a CAR AND A MOTORCYCLE. She admitted that she DROVE BY DAVID OWENS HOUSE WITH JOSHUA AND LATER HAVE HIM A MAP TO DAVID OWENS' HOUSE. She admitted giving Franciso Vega 2 pairs of latex gloves. She admitted giving Joshua $1,000 in the early morning after the killing to buy drugs (Drugs were found in her house). So, by her own admission she is guilty of murder. Someone who aids and abetts a murderer is equally as guilty as the one who pulls the trigger. So, think about it. She deserves the same punishment - life in prison without possibility of parole.
Catz

Monterey, CA

#29 Apr 8, 2008
Shame on the people who have posted the address, the street name, the children's names, and Nancy's husband's name. It makes no difference if any of that information is a matter of public record in a court action. YOUR actions have made that information horribly available and the fact that you are further harming those kids is shamefull. They are the true innocents here and in your rabid desire to condemn their mother you have further exposed them. Your desire to hurt her is so powerful that you will harm those kids in order to do it. You ought to think on that and what you've done. Shame on you.

I in no way excuse Nancy. I feel only disgust and feel she should be prosecuted. I trust that the administrators at SBHS have taken measures to make sure that she will no longer be working there.
The One

United States

#30 Apr 8, 2008
Catz wrote:
Shame on the people who have posted the address, the street name, the children's names, and Nancy's husband's name. It makes no difference if any of that information is a matter of public record in a court action. YOUR actions have made that information horribly available and the fact that you are further harming those kids is shamefull. They are the true innocents here and in your rabid desire to condemn their mother you have further exposed them. Your desire to hurt her is so powerful that you will harm those kids in order to do it. Y ought to think on that and what you've done. Shame on you.
I in no way excuse Nancy. I feel only disgust and feel she should be prosecuted. I trust that the administrators at SBHS have taken measures to make sure that she will no longer be working there.
LMFAO!! nothing has been done at our high school. absolutely nothing. until she is convicted they cant do anything. and there address was on the front page of todays newspaper so who gives and the saying that it is shameful what we r doing, and that they r innocents haha bullshit. if u knew them, u'd change ur mind. there not bad ppl but far from innocents ...
Catz

Monterey, CA

#31 Apr 8, 2008
The One wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!! nothing has been done at our high school. absolutely nothing. until she is convicted they cant do anything. and there address was on the front page of todays newspaper so who gives and the saying that it is shameful what we r doing, and that they r innocents haha bullshit. if u knew them, u'd change ur mind. there not bad ppl but far from innocents ...
Which paper would that be? The Hollister Free Lance? If so, neither the paper nor the Free Lance on-line article names the boys or their address.

Yes those kids are innocents in this matter and do not deserve to be named in this mess their mother created.

So, was Nancy at work today?
Amazed American

San Francisco, CA

#32 Apr 8, 2008
To:SFO123
Los Gatos, CA

In your comment you said Joshua Joseph killed Joseph D Boos - Joseph was arrested for drugs and a shooting.........The Joseph that was arrested in Hollister for drugs and for a shooting in San Jose was JOSHUA JOSEPH - not Joseph Boos. JOSHUA JOSEPH was a Norte gang member - The two boys he killed, Joseph Boos and David Owens were not
The One

United States

#33 Apr 8, 2008
Catz wrote:
<quoted text>
Which paper would that be? The Hollister Free Lance? If so, neither the paper nor the Free Lance on-line article names the boys or their address.
Yes those kids are innocents in this matter and do not deserve to be named in this mess their mother created.
So, was Nancy at work today?
haha as far as i know she was... Ms. Lamonto cant do all that much and our super attendant person hasnt been able to be contacted. on different things it says that he has been but he actually hasnt. He's an idiot anyway.
friend

AOL

#34 Apr 8, 2008
Don't feel sorry for the killer's family, try thinking of the victim's family and friends. They have suffered immeasurable losses. David Owens left a large family and so did Joseph Boos. Joshua Joseph, Frankie Vega and Nancy Polizzi ruined a lot of lives. What about Joseph Boos and David owens' brothers? How do you think they feel? Nancy caused this murder. She destroyed a lot of families including her own. She is an evil vile adultress and murderer. Her husband should dump her and take the kids and leave town. Staying with her makes people think he accepts her behavior or was also involved. I hope her life is destroyed. But she will never fully understand the pain unless one of her own is murdered. But then again, she is an evil sociopath and doesn't care about anyone but herself. The only consolation is that she will burn in hell for eternity.h
Catz wrote:
Shame on the people who have posted the address, the street name, the children's names, and Nancy's husband's name. It makes no difference if any of that information is a matter of public record in a court action. YOUR actions have made that information horribly available and the fact that you are further harming those kids is shamefull. They are the true innocents here and in your rabid desire to condemn their mother you have further exposed them. Your desire to hurt her is so powerful that you will harm those kids in order to do it. You ought to think on that and what you've done. Shame on you.
Catz

Monterey, CA

#36 Apr 9, 2008
The One wrote:
<quoted text>
haha as far as i know she was... Ms. Lamonto cant do all that much and our super attendant person hasnt been able to be contacted. on different things it says that he has been but he actually hasnt. He's an idiot anyway.
Ahhh, so you lied when you said their names and addresses appeared in the local paper. Super attendant??? LOL That's superintendent and yes, he has been contacted and he did give a statement in yesterday's paper. BTW, I happen to know that Nancy was not at work yesterday. You ought to not make statements here that can be proven to be false. Anyone can access the Free Lance article and see that the names and address were not printed and they can also see that the superintendent was contacted and he made a statement.
Catz

Monterey, CA

#37 Apr 9, 2008
friend wrote:
Don't feel sorry for the killer's family, try thinking of the victim's family and friends. They have suffered immeasurable losses. David Owens left a large family and so did Joseph Boos. Joshua Joseph, Frankie Vega and Nancy Polizzi ruined a lot of lives. What about Joseph Boos and David owens' brothers? How do you think they feel? Nancy caused this murder. She destroyed a lot of families including her own. She is an evil vile adultress and murderer. Her husband should dump her and take the kids and leave town. Staying with her makes people think he accepts her behavior or was also involved. I hope her life is destroyed. But she will never fully understand the pain unless one of her own is murdered. But then again, she is an evil sociopath and doesn't care about anyone but herself. The only consolation is that she will burn in hell for eternity.h
<quoted text>
I sure will feel sorry for her children. They are also her victims. She's screwed up their lives. I have thought about the murder victims and their family and friends. I have not in any way excused Nancy. In my first post I said she should be prosecuted.

Since: Apr 08

United States

#38 Apr 9, 2008
Catz wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh, so you lied when you said their names and addresses appeared in the local paper. Super attendant??? LOL That's superintendent and yes, he has been contacted and he did give a statement in yesterday's paper. BTW, I happen to know that Nancy was not at work yesterday. You ought to not make statements here that can be proven to be false. Anyone can access the Free Lance article and see that the names and address were not printed and they can also see that the superintendent was contacted and he made a statement.
i said as far as i know bcuz i saw her in the main office and her son told me so. and the superintendent had not been contacted at the time . and i know this bcuz i write for the school newspaper and was told to interview them.
Catz

Monterey, CA

#39 Apr 9, 2008
The 0ne wrote:
<quoted text>
i said as far as i know bcuz i saw her in the main office and her son told me so. and the superintendent had not been contacted at the time . and i know this bcuz i write for the school newspaper and was told to interview them.
The advisor for The Baler told you to interview who? Nancy? Her kids? The superintendent? The principal? About what? This scandal?

Since: Apr 08

United States

#40 Apr 9, 2008
Catz wrote:
<quoted text>The advisor for The Baler told you to interview who? Nancy? Her kids? The superintendent? The principal? About what? This scandal?
oh sorry, the superintendent and the principal.
Catz

Monterey, CA

#41 Apr 9, 2008
The 0ne wrote:
<quoted text>
oh sorry, the superintendent and the principal.
Interview them about what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shumpert legal fights continues to shift, narrow 4 hr Anonymous 30
News JonBenet: Paula Woodward on New Book, John Rams... 5 hr BrotherMoon 6
News Trial for shooting pushed to December 5 hr Bryan davis 2
News Scesny convicted of murder and rape (Mar '12) 9 hr Jomminy Crickets 83
News Spate of homicides puts Columbus in a season of... 18 hr Columbus Crime 2
News Continue reading Richardson man takes stand in ... Tue Don Edwards 1
News Second suspect arrested in Searcy murder Tue Team Kelly 2
More from around the web